Page 91 of 173 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #901
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    if they were denied service because they were bad customers that is understandable. if they were denied service because they regular harassed the business, that is understandable.

    what did the couple do to the baker to refuse them service?
    Why does that couple have ownership of another person's property and labor?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #902
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    But you DON'T have the right to discriminate....that is just plain and simply the law. So there is no "government force" against a right that doesn't exist.
    You have the right to deny anyone access to your property. It's just that we use government force currently to suppress that to some degree, and make it more outrageous as time passes.

    It's a cake. We're not talking free speech here, we're not talking assembly, we're not talking expression or privacy or any of it. It's a cake. You do not have the right to other people's property and labor. That's it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #903
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The answer, when the rights of one conflict with the rights of another, should be decided by a judge. Your right to freely swing your arm ends where my nose begins.
    Is it your 'right' to buy a wedding cake that someone else doesn't want to prepare? I suppose they missed that in the Constitution.

  4. #904
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,840

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Exactly why religion is not the basis of our society or our Constitution.
    What part of the First Amendment don't you understand? It protects the very rights such as freedom of religion and property that you are so willing to deny another in the name of discrimination.

    You have on several posts claim those who do not support gay marriage as being discriminating bigots. Yet you would be hard pressed to find many that would support incest relationships or pedophilia even though some people don't think there is anything morally wrong with it. And if these folks don't support those types of relationships even though they support gay marriage, are they discriminating? Are they being bigots too? Since you brought up the Constitution, it is not unlawful to be bigoted against groups of people. But it is unlawful when you pass laws that violate any citizen's constitutional rights such as right to property and freedom of religion.

  5. #905
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    1.) What part of the First Amendment don't you understand? It protects the very rights such as freedom of religion and property that you are so willing to deny another in the name of discrimination.

    2.) You have on several posts claim those who do not support gay marriage as being discriminating bigots.

    3.) Yet you would be hard pressed to find many that would support incest relationships or pedophilia even though some people don't think there is anything morally wrong with it.

    4.) And if these folks don't support those types of relationships even though they support gay marriage, are they discriminating? Are they being bigots too?

    5.) Since you brought up the Constitution, it is not unlawful to be bigoted against groups of people. But it is unlawful when you pass laws that violate any citizen's constitutional rights such as right to property and freedom of religion.
    1.) nothing is factually being denied to them, the owner, his religious freedom is in tact as i asked before if you think its not gives us the facts as to why its not

    2.) well i cant answer for him and dont remeber his content
    but "personal not supporting them" is fine by me but if you discrimnainte against them or try to stop them from having equal rights you are in fact a bigot.

    3.) two things that have NOTHING to do with equal rights and illegal discrimination

    4.) 3 answers your question

    5.) which factually did not happen, the owners rights are intact
    Last edited by AGENT J; 12-09-13 at 08:53 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #906
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292]

    Quote Originally Posted by JJB3333 View Post
    OK so slight thing your not understanding. I believe that they should have equal rights, just not that they should sue because they haven't grown up enough to realize discrimination happened to everyone.

    That being said my frist part of your quote im commenting on is "And gays do not decide to be gay." You do realize everything we do is regulated by decision making parts of our brain. We control those regions meticulously. Saying they don't have a choice in the matter is like saying murderers had no choice but to murder. (i know not the best comparison but you see what im saying)

    And second "And the bold is one of the craziest things I've ever read on this topic." Is it really though? consider the most basic cause of all discrimination and segregation in the world. Differences. black people were segregated for no other reason then they were black. The middle and lower classes throughout history were discriminated against for the singular reason that they didn't have as much money as the higher classes.
    This case is about civil rights...where a class of people is *recognized* as being discriminated against...by definition, not being treated equally. Sexual orientation is protected class in that state. Legal action is *one way* that that people fight for their civil rights. Civil disobedience, like Rosa Parks' not obeying local laws, is another way. Petitioning their legislators is another.

    Discrimination can happen to anyone for just about any reason I suppose, but the laws are not applicable unless that discrimination affects a protected class. Are you understanding this now? Or you just object to the creation of protected classes?

    And regarding being born a certain way...and then expecting a person to suppress it their whole lives? They are not breaking any laws (anymore, altho some sodomy laws are still on the books.) Never be happy? Never be fulfilled....*for something that harms no one else nor infringes on anyone else's rights?* Why on earth should they have to? They deserve their right to pursue happiness just like everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #907
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    What part of the First Amendment don't you understand? It protects the very rights such as freedom of religion and property that you are so willing to deny another in the name of discrimination.

    You have on several posts claim those who do not support gay marriage as being discriminating bigots. Yet you would be hard pressed to find many that would support incest relationships or pedophilia even though some people don't think there is anything morally wrong with it. And if these folks don't support those types of relationships even though they support gay marriage, are they discriminating? Are they being bigots too? Since you brought up the Constitution, it is not unlawful to be bigoted against groups of people. But it is unlawful when you pass laws that violate any citizen's constitutional rights such as right to property and freedom of religion.
    The great difference is that morality is based on many things. In this country, it is not based on religious beliefs, but rights.

    Homosexuality harms no one, it is between 2 consenting adults. It infringes on no one's rights.

    Incest with minors and pedophilia infringe on the rights of others, as children cannot consent. And as far as I'm concerned, incest among adults is immoral but I dont care what they do...they are consenting adults. Just like people who cheat on their marriages...I consider that immoral. Neither is a protected class and as a business owner OR personally, I can refuse to associate with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #908
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,840

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) nothing is factually being deny to them, their religious freedom is in tact as i asked before if you thnk its not gives us the facts as to why its not

    2.) well i cant answer for him and dont remeber his content being that because "personal not supporting them" is fine by me but if you discrimnainte against them or try to stop them from having equal rights you are in fact a bigot.

    3.) two things that have NOTHING to do with equal rights and illegal discrimination

    4.) 3 answers your question



    5.) which factually did not happen, the owners rights are intact
    That is a lie! To not allow a person to live their life in harmony with their moral conscience is denying them the right to live their faith. By forcing them to partake and create things that will be part of something they are morally against is a violation of their religious rights.

    Under your rules, any man/woman of moral uprightness, can not deny any order for a cake even though it goes against their beliefs. When someone creates something it is a piece of art and the artist's signature is in the name of the bakery that created the piece of work. If someone came into a bakery wanting to have a cake made in the form of an erected penis, or a boob cake, or cats licking a vagina, under your rules they have no right to deny anyone of what they want because it is discrimination while their artistic signature is in the name of the bakery that is forced to create it. This is forcing the witness of the man and his faith to be violated. Shame on you or anyone else that has encouraged this to happen. Shameful.

  9. #909
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    1.)That is a lie!
    2.)To not allow a person to live their life in harmony with their moral conscience is denying them the right to live their faith.
    3.) By forcing them to partake and create things that will be part of something they are morally against is a violation of their religious rights.
    4.) Under your rules, any man/woman of moral uprightness, can not deny any order for a cake even though it goes against their beliefs.

    5.)When someone creates something it is a piece of art and the artist's signature is in the name of the bakery that created the piece of work.

    6.) If someone came into a bakery wanting to have a cake made in the form of an erected penis, or a boob cake, or cats licking a vagina, under your rules they have no right to deny anyone of what they want because it is discrimination while their artistic signature is in the name of the bakery that is forced to create it.

    7.)This is forcing the witness of the man and his faith to be violated.
    8.) Same on you or anyone else that has encouraged this to happen. Shameful.
    1.) sorry facts prove you wrong, theres nothing you have that supports your false claim, nothing
    2.) good thing this strawman factually is not happening, repeat it 5 more times it wont make it reality. The owner isnt being denied anything.
    3.) this never happened sorry and you are factually wrong. We are talking about facts not fantasy
    4.) its not my rules and what is factually happening is people are not allowed to break the law and infringe on others rights, criminal are punished and thats what happened to this guy he choose to break the law and infringe on rights and illegal discriminate. Let me know when you have any facts that change this.

    5.) subjective opinion that is completely 100% meaningless to anythign that matters

    6.) 100% wrong the cake would be legally obscene and has nothing to do with illegal discrimination and violating rights. Facts destroys this point also.
    Seems you have no understanding of the law/this topic at all, this is not my fault. There is nothing legally in anti-discrimination laws that would force you to make a penis cake.

    Try to research the facts and topic first it will help.

    7.) as already proven with facts this never happened

    8.) well since it factually never happened nothing to be shamed about


    do you have any facts that support your false claims? any?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #910
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    That is a lie! To not allow a person to live their life in harmony with their moral conscience is denying them the right to live their faith. By forcing them to partake and create things that will be part of something they are morally against is a violation of their religious rights.

    Under your rules, any man/woman of moral uprightness, can not deny any order for a cake even though it goes against their beliefs. When someone creates something it is a piece of art and the artist's signature is in the name of the bakery that created the piece of work. If someone came into a bakery wanting to have a cake made in the form of an erected penis, or a boob cake, or cats licking a vagina, under your rules they have no right to deny anyone of what they want because it is discrimination while their artistic signature is in the name of the bakery that is forced to create it. This is forcing the witness of the man and his faith to be violated. Shame on you or anyone else that has encouraged this to happen. Shameful.
    As I pointed out, using the bakery example, religious bakery owners choose to defy their religious beliefs daily. So why the big fuss over a specific 'sin?' It's a choice that "they make", to be offended or not.

    Regarding creating genitalia on cakes....they can choose not to do that...artists are not a protected class. A business owner (in most states) can choose not to serve ANYONE they dont want to....as long as the reason is not covered under state discrimination laws. (There may be other reasons as well, like if they are minors or health/safety issues, etc) And some communities have laws against indecency which might cover that. Dont know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •