Page 43 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #421
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    The problem is that either way somebody's rights are being infringed on. The difference is that when somebody refusing to serve a customer's rights are being infringed on, it will piss them off. When a person being served has their rights infringed, it could, in conjunction with other things, ruin their life. It literally killed my great grandfather. So I'm willing to piss off a surgeon in order to save a man's life. Pretty gutsy position to take, right? What shocks me is how many people disagree with me. I call them "brainwashed," but maybe some of them just don't care about making people's lives better if it is not their life in question.
    No. If they do not consent to provide the potential consumer service then no ones rights are violated. The consumer nor the businessman has the right to force the other party into the transaction for their benefit.

  2. #422
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    another failed personal attack instead staying on topic

    tell me what facts do you have that support your lie?

    i supplied facts and can do so with a link

    the owner committed a crime and that is a fact and that fact is backed up by the definition of the word.

    Crime - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Crime
    : an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government

    : activity that is against the law : illegal acts in general

    : an act that is foolish or wrong

    sorry words have meanings and you dont get to just make stuff up

    facts prove your post to be a lie, if you disagree and you are ready to STAY ON TOPIC by all means pleae post any facts the prove my statement wrong . . . . one fact that proves the definition and my link is factually wrong
    you dont have a clue...

  3. #423
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    yes it does, government cannot makes laws on people unless, it is criminal[ rights violation], or it is a statutory law designed to protect health and safety.
    States can pass statuatory law regulating commerce within its' borders. It's a power of a sovereign state.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #424
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    States can pass statuatory law regulating commerce within its' borders. It's a power of a sovereign state.
    I believe Lincoln eliminated the sovereignty of states.

  5. #425
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    wrong you have NO exercisable rights on another person's property.
    that's why i get away with murdering everybody who steps onto my lawn.
    A working class hero is something to be

  6. #426
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    that's why i get away with murdering everybody who steps onto my lawn.
    Who is murdering you by not providing you service? You are being ignored, not murdered.

  7. #427
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you dont have a clue...
    another failed insult and more incivility

    so no facts to support your lie? got it

    when you are ready to talk about the topic let us know, ill remind you what our discussion is

    the owner did in fact commit a crime, I posted a link and definition to the word crime and it proves this fact to be true, you claim its not true so please supply us with the fact you have that make the dictionary and my statement wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #428
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    States can pass statuatory law regulating commerce within its' borders. It's a power of a sovereign state.

    i have stated you are correct.

    however states laws do not override constitutional law...or u.s.code........and the DOI is u.s.code

  9. #429
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i have stated you are correct.

    however states laws do not override constitutional law...or u.s.code........and the DOI is u.s.code
    The constitution is a limit on the federal govt, not the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #430
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No. If they do not consent to provide the potential consumer service then no ones rights are violated. The consumer nor the businessman has the right to force the other party into the transaction for their benefit.
    I understand what you're saying, don't get me wrong.

    The simple fact of the matter is that we know what the world looks like when we do it your way, and it is barbaric and stupid and promotes inequality. You argument implies that we should let people create de facto discrimination because they have that right. Discrimination doesn't uphold rights! Don't you see that? It is clear that the goal of this nation was to let all men be born free and let their will and determinations define who they are and who we are as a people. We cannot be born equal if we live in a world where we are denied the services almost everybody else receives simply because we were born black, or a woman, or gay. The people agree with me on this one and for all of my ancestors, I thank god this will never change back to the stupidity it used to be. You lost this one a long time ago, but feel free to waste your breath arguing in favor of prejudice and hatred. Oh, I'm sorry, I mean in favor of the wonderful freedom to be disgusted by gay people and deny them your goods and/or services. What a tragic loss for the homophobes.
    A working class hero is something to be

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •