Page 42 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #411
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    This law does not violate any property rights.
    it violates property and liberty.

  2. #412
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    1.)you say discrimination is a crime........
    2.)if it is a crime which you say, then it would fall under criminal law.........period
    3.) you are so dishonest..........you and haymarket are a pair.
    1.) no i dont say it, facts make it that way
    2.) as the defintion already proves your statement is factually false
    3.) deflections, lies and failed personal insults like this wont make your post correct

    its still 100% factually wrong and the definition of the word crime proves your post wrong


    crime
    : an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government

    : activity that is against the law : illegal acts in general

    : an act that is foolish or wrong

    thank you for quoting me and proving i never said the lie you claimed

    facts prove your post wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #413
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    This law does not violate any property rights.
    So telling property owners they must allow other people to access their property is not violating property rights? Where do you come up with such nonsense?

  4. #414
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    it violates property and liberty.
    No, it doesn't

    Does the owner of private property devoted to use as a public establishment enjoy a property right to refuse to deal with any member of the public because of that member's race, religion, or national origin? As noted previously, the English common law answered this question in the negative. It reasoned that one who employed his private property for purposes of commercial gain by offering goods or services to the public must stick to his bargain. It is to be remembered that the right of the private [379 U.S. 241, 285] property owner to serve or sell to whom he pleased was never claimed when laws were enacted prohibiting the private property owner from dealing with persons of a particular race. Nor were such laws ever struck down as an infringement upon this supposed right of the property owner.
    States are sovereign and have the power to regulate commerce within their borders, but you are happy to throw your belief in states powers under the bus to further a bigoted agenda
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #415
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    This law does not violate any property rights.
    Lol! That quote is using a government concept that violates property rights as the basis on why it doesn't violate property rights. What kind of idiotic nonsense are you trying to push here?

  6. #416
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) no i dont say it, facts make it that way
    2.) as the defintion already proves your statement is factually false
    3.) deflections, lies and failed personal insults like this wont make your post correct

    its still 100% factually wrong and the definition of the word crime proves your post wrong


    crime
    : an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government

    : activity that is against the law : illegal acts in general

    : an act that is foolish or wrong

    thank you for quoting me and proving i never said the lie you claimed

    facts prove your post wrong

    anyone can see, you dont have a clue about what is criminal and what is statutory.....makes you look ignorant as always

  7. #417
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If you believe all men are created equal you believe they should all be able to serve only those they consent to serve. Otherwise, you don't believe in it at all.
    The problem is that either way somebody's rights are being infringed on. The difference is that when it is somebody refusing to serve a customer whose rights are being infringed on, it will piss them off. When a person being served has their rights infringed, it could, in conjunction with other things, ruin their life (see lunch counters, my great grandfather). It literally killed my great grandfather. So I'm willing to piss off a surgeon in order to save a man's life. Pretty gutsy position to take, right? What shocks me is how many people disagree with me. I call them "brainwashed," but maybe some of them just don't care about making people's lives better if it is not their life in question.
    A working class hero is something to be

  8. #418
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, it doesn't



    States are sovereign and have the power to regulate commerce within their borders, but you are happy to throw your belief in states powers under the bus to further a bigoted agenda

    yes it does, government cannot makes laws on people unless, it is criminal[ rights violation], or it is a statutory law designed to protect health and safety.

    government does not have moral powers, to decide that people have to be served, because their feelings might be hurt or they might get mad.

    i stated you are correct, about commerce.... however laws cannot violate the founding principles or the 13th amendment which is what is happening.

  9. #419
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    anyone can see, you dont have a clue about what is criminal and what is statutory.....makes you look ignorant as always
    another failed personal attack instead staying on topic

    tell me what facts do you have that support your lie?

    i supplied facts and can do so with a link

    the owner committed a crime and that is a fact and that fact is backed up by the definition of the word.

    Crime - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Crime
    : an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government

    : activity that is against the law : illegal acts in general

    : an act that is foolish or wrong

    sorry words have meanings and you dont get to just make stuff up

    facts prove your post to be a lie, if you disagree and you are ready to STAY ON TOPIC by all means pleae post any facts the prove my statement wrong . . . . one fact that proves the definition and my link is factually wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #420
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    The problem is that either way somebody's rights are being infringed on. The difference is that when it is somebody refusing to serve a customer whose rights are being infringed on, it will piss them off. When a person being served has their rights infringed, it could, in conjunction with other things, ruin their life (see lunch counters, my great grandfather). It literally killed my great grandfather. So I'm willing to piss off a surgeon in order to save a man's life. Pretty gutsy position to take, right? What shocks me is how many people disagree with me. I call them "brainwashed," but maybe some of them just don't care about making people's lives better if it is not their life in question.

    wrong you have NO exercisable rights on another person's property.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •