Page 41 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #401
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    The fact remains that the business, and all its assets, are private property, owned by citizens, and not by the government.

    What does the Constitution have to say about compelling the public use of private property? See the Fifth Amendment.
    No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
    weird where did i say anything at the store was owned by the government? oh thats right i didnt

    another failed strawman
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #402
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) weird can you point out where i said its "criminal law"
    i said its a crime and he is a criminal which is factual true, you lie fails

    if you disagree simply quote me saying it was "criminal law" can be done because it never happen

    facts defeat your post again

    2.) nothing here changes the fact that Involuntary servitude
    you are free to have your opinion but thats factually not whats going on

    let me know when you have any facts that support your claim

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) facts disagree with you and prove you wrong

    2,) yes illegal discrimination is a crime unless the definition of the word changed, its breaking the law which is again a crime

    crime
    : an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government

    : activity that is against the law : illegal acts in general

    : an act that is foolish or wrong

    3.)nope because thats not what happened

    what actually happened is the government is not allowing the owner to commit crimes, break the law, illegally discriminating and or infringe on the rights of others
    the ruling was"cease and desist from discriminating”

    these are the facts as pointed out in the case and ruled on by the judge
    wrong, if he was under criminal charges, the person would have been cuffed and booked into jail.

    The Colorado Civil Rights Commission (click to access upcoming Commission meetings link and Agendas when published) is a seven-member bipartisan panel whose mission is to: conduct hearings involving illegal discriminatory practices; advise the Governor and General Assembly regarding policies and legislation that address illegal discrimination; review appeals of cases investigated and dismissed by the Division; and adopt and amend rules and regulations to be followed in the enforcement of the state's statutes prohibiting discrimination.

    statue law.....not criminal law

  3. #403
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    wrong, if he was under criminal charges, the person would have been cuffed and booked into jail.
    thanking you for proving your own post wrong notice i never said criminal law LMAO

    yep i said crime and it factually is a crime by definition of the word

    Crime
    : an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government

    : activity that is against the law : illegal acts in general

    : an act that is foolish or wrong

    facts defeat and destroy your post again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #404
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    how do you explain, government forcing people under coercion to serve other people, or be force out of business?

    if i do not serve a person, ...have i violate life liberty or property ....no i have not.

    however it government forces me to serve another citizen, ..it is violating the founding principles of life, liberty and property.

    this case you cite is using commerce as it tool, ...commerce is the buying and selling of goods, ...it is serving people...no one has the right to be served.

    Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."
    States have the power to regulate commerce within their borders, and the Fed govt has the power to regulate interstate commerce.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #405
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    States have the power to regulate commerce within their borders, and the Fed govt has the power to regulate interstate commerce.
    Is that all you have? How sad. How does that disarm his claims against you?

  6. #406
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    States have the power to regulate commerce within their borders, and the Fed govt has the power to regulate interstate commerce.
    you are 100% correct, however you cannot create laws which violate , life liberty and property, and when you force/coercion people that is what you are doing.

    force can only be applied if you have been committed a crime, and convicted of it.

  7. #407
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,582

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The bigotry lies in forcing someone to go against their beliefs via their private business to provide you with a service for something they believe is wrong.

    This goes beyond gay "rights" and gets into bullying through the courts.
    My great grandfather, a Jew, once went to a hospital for an emergency appendectomy. Luckily for the hospital, back then the courts didn't bully businesses into going against their beliefs (their belief was that all Jews were subhuman, or at least their belief was that the public held that belief and thus they'd lose money if they didn't go along with it) so they didn't have to operate and get yucky Jew germs all over their hospital! Thank god.

    Oh, and my great grandfather died because the only nearby hospital that would treat him was the one who employed drunken surgeons, and they promptly dropped an infected instrument into his body cavity and he died of a massive infection. I tell this story often. It shows that in America we no longer tolerate this kind of BS. The law provides for equal protection for all races, genders and sexual orientations. Yeah, this might be about a cake, but it's also about whether or not we truly believe that all men are created equal. If you do, then maybe you should realize that a person is not equal when they are shut out by the community in which they live. This decision is the right one for justice and equality.
    A working class hero is something to be

  8. #408
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    My great grandfather, a Jew, once went to a hospital for an emergency appendectomy. Luckily for the hospital, back then the courts didn't bully businesses into going against their beliefs (their belief was that all Jews were subhuman, or at least their belief was that the public held that belief and thus they'd lose money if they didn't go along with it) so they didn't have to operate and get yucky Jew germs all over their hospital! Thank god.

    Oh, and my great grandfather died because the only nearby hospital that would treat him was the one who employed drunken surgeons, and they promptly dropped an infected instrument into his body cavity and he died of a massive infection. I tell this story often. It shows that in America we no longer tolerate this kind of BS. The law provides for equal protection for all races, genders and sexual orientations. Yeah, this might be about a cake, but it's also about whether or not we truly believe that all men are created equal. If you do, then maybe you should realize that a person is not equal when they are shut out by the community in which they live. This decision is the right one for justice and equality.
    If you believe all men are created equal you believe they should all be able to serve only those they consent to serve. Otherwise, you don't believe in it at all.

  9. #409
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    thanking you for proving your own post wrong notice i never said criminal law LMAO

    yep i said crime and it factually is a crime by definition of the word

    Crime
    : an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government

    : activity that is against the law : illegal acts in general

    : an act that is foolish or wrong

    facts defeat and destroy your post again
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) facts disagree with you and prove you wrong

    2,) yes illegal discrimination is a crime unless the definition of the word changed, its breaking the law which is again a crime

    crime
    : an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government

    : activity that is against the law : illegal acts in general

    : an act that is foolish or wrong

    3.)nope because thats not what happened

    what actually happened is the government is not allowing the owner to commit crimes, break the law, illegally discriminating and or infringe on the rights of others
    the ruling was"cease and desist from discriminating”

    these are the facts as pointed out in the case and ruled on by the judge
    you say discrimination is a crime........if it is a crime which you say, then it would fall under criminal law.........period

    you are so dishonest..........you and haymarket are a pair.

  10. #410
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you are 100% correct, however you cannot create laws which violate , life liberty and property, and when you force/coercion people that is what you are doing.

    force can only be applied if you have been committed a crime, and convicted of it.
    This law does not violate any property rights.

    Does the owner of private property devoted to use as a public establishment enjoy a property right to refuse to deal with any member of the public because of that member's race, religion, or national origin? As noted previously, the English common law answered this question in the negative. It reasoned that one who employed his private property for purposes of commercial gain by offering goods or services to the public must stick to his bargain. It is to be remembered that the right of the private [379 U.S. 241, 285] property owner to serve or sell to whom he pleased was never claimed when laws were enacted prohibiting the private property owner from dealing with persons of a particular race. Nor were such laws ever struck down as an infringement upon this supposed right of the property owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •