Page 4 of 173 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #31
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Christ himself never spoke on the subject...and many Christian religions are not against the idea, although many are. Regardless...you cannot hide behind religion as an excuse for bigotry. That is exactly what this Court said. If you choose to do business in this country, you have to comply with the laws of this land. You cannot use your religion as a shield to promote your bigotry and decide who you want to allow to patronize your business. This is the same ruling that prevented bigoted restaurant owners from refusing to serve blacks, just because they believed it violated their perverted version of "morality".
    Many "religions" have fallen from their appointed places as the upholders of morality is all that you are really relating here. As someone else has said here, Jesus was a Jew and the old testament, again, not a scholar of either old or new, but it seemed pretty much against homosexuality from my remembrance.

    Myself? I don't care as long as you do not push it on me or try to force it upon others, or try to get everyone, whether they like it or not, to accept homosexuality... sorry, you cannot force me to say this is an acceptable and normal practice. Your own bigotry is blatant against those who would stand up for their morals, for which they have a Constitutional Right to have and hold, to practice freely and which, under the first amendment, cannot be infringed upon... I am sorry, there is no such similar amendment to the Constitution saying citizens have to honor and accept homosexuals...there just isn't, that is your fantasy, but not close to the truth of the matter.

    Your race analogy falls flat, racism is not built upon any moral or biblical or religious principle... the bible, as far as I know, does not advocate for racism... it is, however, against homosexuality.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  2. #32
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....the bigots called the judges that struck down bigotry in the civil rights movement "Activists" as well. I guess "Activist judges" means someone who won't allow the bigots to continue with their discrimination.
    If that were the case then they would all be against homosexual bigots, now wouldn't they?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  3. #33
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Many "religions" have fallen from their appointed places as the upholders of morality is all that you are really relating here. As someone else has said here, Jesus was a Jew and the old testament, again, not a scholar of either old or new, but it seemed pretty much against homosexuality from my remembrance.

    Myself? I don't care as long as you do not push it on me or try to force it upon others, or try to get everyone, whether they like it or not, to accept homosexuality... sorry, you cannot force me to say this is an acceptable and normal practice. Your own bigotry is blatant against those who would stand up for their morals, for which they have a Constitutional Right to have and hold, to practice freely and which, under the first amendment, cannot be infringed upon... I am sorry, there is no such similar amendment to the Constitution saying citizens have to honor and accept homosexuals...there just isn't, that is your fantasy, but not close to the truth of the matter.

    Your race analogy falls flat, racism is not built upon any moral or biblical or religious principle... the bible, as far as I know, does not advocate for racism... it is, however, against homosexuality.
    People have an absolute right to their own religious beliefs...what they don't have a right to do is to use their religious beliefs as a shield of bigotry. If you choose to open a business in this country, you have to comply with our Constitution. Period. Don't like it? Don't want to live by the anti-bigot laws of this country? ...then don't open a business. This applies to the bigoted baker in the same way that it applied to the bigoted lunch counter owner. Racism absolutely is built upon the mistaken belief that one race is morally superior to another. Sorry dude....but you cannot use your personal interpretation of the bible to try to subvert the guarantees of the US Constitution. Sorry.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #34
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Supposition? No. Discrimination has been against the law for some time now.

    You can blame whomever you like and you can disparage the reasoning and purpose but the law itself is pretty clear.
    Discrimination is against the law? WTF? You mean I cannot go into a shoe store and buy which sneakers I want, or when I choose one car over another at the lot...I cannot discriminate? Discrimination is what we all do when we choose one thing over another, that is not inherently evil, my man. That is being smart.

    You think we don't "discriminate" against murderers, pedophiles, rapists, thieves... sorry, they do not all just willy-nilly get their way... and what you are advocating is that we discriminate in favor of the homosexual over the one standing up for their religions rights... it is just plain absurd the idea that anything anybody wants they just get or its considered "discrimination".

    Come on, you are more intelligent than that.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  5. #35
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    People have an absolute right to their own religious beliefs...what they don't have a right to do is to use their religious beliefs as a shield of bigotry. If you choose to open a business in this country, you have to comply with our Constitution. Period. Don't like it? Don't want to live by the anti-bigot laws of this country? ...then don't open a business. This applies to the bigoted baker in the same way that it applied to the bigoted lunch counter owner. Racism absolutely is built upon the mistaken belief that one race is morally superior to another. Sorry dude....but you cannot use your personal interpretation of the bible to try to subvert the guarantees of the US Constitution. Sorry.
    Show me in the Constitution where it says a baker must be forced to bake a wedding cake for a homosexual couple... show me. Now, I can show you where all of us have, as you specifically stated, an ABSOLUTE right to their own religions beliefs... that is ABSOLUTE...which is defined by Merriam Webster as: complete and total : not limited in any way : having unlimited power...
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  6. #36
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    1.)This is a ruling which upholds and embraces the very most sinister bigotry of all.

    2.) A person who has moral values is no longer allowed to uphold them, and is forced to submit to forced participation in immorality as a condition of being able to make a living.

    3.) As is often demonstrated, here we see that those who most loudly proclaim their opposition to bigotry are, in fact, usually the very worst bigots of all.
    1.) theres zero bigotry in the ruling, equal rights is being protected
    2.) 100% completely false his values are still intact and he is 100% allowed to believe in them, there is no force
    3.) except theres no facts to support this lie

    I always love reading the fantasy you post and watching it get destroyed
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #37
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    So the bottom line this guy CHOSE to participate in the PUBLIC REALM which has rules and laws that regulate it and they are the same for us all.
    He ran a public access business and he was NOT allowed to ILLEGALLY discriminate and violate rights of people just like every other public realm/ public access businesses is not allowed to either.



    seems the perfectly right decision was made


    illegal discrimination loses, thats a good thing
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #38
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Baking a cake is not a religious activity. It is not protected
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #39
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Baking a cake is not a religious activity. It is not protected
    Ummm...get a clue.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  10. #40
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Ummm...get a clue.
    Get a life
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 4 of 173 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •