Page 36 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #351
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,629

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Out of curiosity, does the situation change if the couple selected this particular baker because they figured he'd refuse them? What if their intent was to make publicity for their cause? Is that discriminating against the baker?

  2. #352
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If you understood equal rights you would know that doesn't matter.
    another post about ME and not the topic.
    sorry facts, rights, laws, ordinances court cases and court precedent all disagree with your OPINION and make it factually wrong, it does matter and your opinion doesnt change that fact.

    If you disagree simply provide the fact that proves all the things mentioned above wrong.

    What do you have that FACTUALLY proves all the facts, rights, laws, ordinances court cases and court precedent that say it does matter wrong?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #353
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Out of curiosity, does the situation change if the couple selected this particular baker because they figured he'd refuse them? What if their intent was to make publicity for their cause? Is that discriminating against the baker?
    pertaining strictly to law, no that doesn't matter, laws were still broken

    peoples personal opinion about the customers may change one way or another but only one of them broke the law.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #354
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,629

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    pertaining strictly to law, no that doesn't matter, laws were still broken

    peoples personal opinion about the customers may change one way or another but only one of them broke the law.
    If they were doing this to make a statement and he refused them was he still breaking the law?

  5. #355
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    If they were doing this to make a statement and he refused them was he still breaking the law?
    again more details needed

    if his reason for refusing service breaks the law(discrimianiton based on sexual orentation) it doesnt matter what they motivation was
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #356
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The ruling in is. Chalk another one up for the good guys
    I'm all for gay marriage and equality of opportunity and such, but sorry, the judge got this one VERY wrong. What the judge did was set a precedent that businesses have no right to decide what business they do or do not do. All you need is one agenda drive asshole to bitch about any business not doing what they want them to do, and bam, lawsuit. Idiotic. That is not America, pure and simple.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  7. #357
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292]

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    I'm all for gay marriage and equality of opportunity and such, but sorry, the judge got this one VERY wrong. What the judge did was set a precedent that businesses have no right to decide what business they do or do not do. All you need is one agenda drive asshole to bitch about any business not doing what they want them to do, and bam, lawsuit. Idiotic. That is not America, pure and simple.
    100% false no new precedent was set, this was based of off discrimination laws and equality its actually america at its finest, protecting rights and stopping infringement.

    the precedent is protecting ILLEGAL discrimination and in Colorado thats:


    Employers are not allowed to discriminate in employment based upon any of the following factors:

    Race
    Color
    National Origin
    Ancestry
    Creed
    Religion
    Sex
    Age
    Physical Disability
    Mental Disability
    Marriage to a Co-Worker (subject to specific circumstances)
    Sexual Orientation

    so no NEW precedent was set, and no, somebody simply saying they are upset because the business doesnt do what they want doesnt fit.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #358
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) its not thrown in your face
    2.) good your not supposed to care its not your businesses what other Americans do as long as they arent breaking the law or infringing on your rights, good job!
    3.) they already do
    4.) your opinion is meanignless its worthy just like race, religion, gender etc
    Also your opinion and also meaningless

  9. #359
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Have you seen gays having sex on the streets? I havent. Nor have I seen straight people doing so.

    Sex has as much to do with gay relationships as it does with straight ones....it is only one part...and the longer the relationship, the less it matters (generally).

    Do you look at straight couples and imagine them having sex? Is that what you think when you look at them? About their sex lives? Yes? (ew). No? Then why do so with gay couples?
    So are you saying being a homosexual has nothing to do with what they do in their bedrooms? Ok maybe it is on the couch.

    The point is, is that I wouldn't know most people are gay unless they tell me they are.

    This couple, I guess, had nothing better to do than to sue a private business to force them to make their product for people they don't want to make it for.

    Isn't it wonderful the lazy life people lead these days allows this much time to do things like this?

  10. #360
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Also your opinion and also meaningless
    well since it factually is protected i wasnt stating my opinion so in that regard you are wrong, i was pointing out a fact

    but other than that, yes my opinion like yours is meaningless when it comes to equal rights
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •