Page 30 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #291
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Those who get taken to court for violating the 1964 Civil Rights Act are not smiling and they definitely don't leave court laughing.
    Sorry, was that supposed to make the courts argument correct and somehow make the commerce clause apply to business and consumer relations?

  2. #292
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,850

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) im sure you believe that but it wasnt a factual legit argument
    2.) no, i know this fact because you cant counter what doesnt exist


    again there was no legit and factual argument, let me know when you can post one, a real and factual one
    not your OPINION, FANTASIES and PHILOSOPHIES which are not arguments against facts and which nobody cares about
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Cute. I make an argument and instead of actually countering the argument you think you can just declare it's not legitimate and thus not worth your efforts. There is a way to use this debating trick and win, but that isn't the way you are using it. Then again, when you are caught using it there is no way you can win the debate.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Colorado Judge:  Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]Ok, you guys are at an end here. You haven't added to the discussion in several posts. Stop the ping-pong match and baiting. Move on.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  3. #293
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Cute. I make an argument and instead of actually countering the argument you think you can just declare it's not legitimate and thus not worth your efforts.
    2.) There is a way to use this debating trick and win, but that isn't the way you are using it. Then again, when you are caught using it there is no way you can win the debate.
    1.) you can call it what ever you want but you didn't make a legit argument it was all OPINION, FANTASIES and PHILOSOPHIES on a discussion based on facts. Recapping this fact wont change it.
    2.) theres nothing to "win" this isnt about winning vs losing, facts disagree with your OPINION, FANTASIES and PHILOSOPHIES has nothgin t to do with me no matter how much you want it to

    again there was no legit and factual argument, let me know when you can post one, a real and factual one
    not your OPINION, FANTASIES and PHILOSOPHIES which are not arguments against facts and which nobody cares about
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #294
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Colorado Judge:  Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]Ok, you guys are at an end here. You haven't added to the discussion in several posts. Stop the ping-pong match and baiting. Move on.
    I agree 100% and sorry i missed this post
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Look at the post right above yours Agent. This conversion is done.

  6. #296
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Sorry, was that supposed to make the courts argument correct and somehow make the commerce clause apply to business and consumer relations
    ?



    If you would go to the link that I provided and do a little reading you would learn that the U.S. Supreme Court required the Heart of Atlanta Motel to receive business from clientele of all races.

    IOW the court threw the Libertarians property rights ideas in the trash can.

  7. #297
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The bigotry lies in forcing someone to go against their beliefs via their private business to provide you with a service for something they believe is wrong.

    This goes beyond gay "rights" and gets into bullying through the courts.
    It will probably make its way to higher courts.

    Insisting someone has to use their labor and materials to sell something is wrong. It has nothing to do with Gay Rights and everything to do with the rights of the individual. The market will decide.

  8. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    If you would go to the link that I provided and do a little reading you would learn that the U.S. Supreme Court required the Heart of Atlanta Motel to receive business from clientele of all races.

    IOW the court threw the Libertarians property rights ideas in the trash can.
    I'm aware of the case. While it is true they showed no understanding of the commerce clause, what was perhaps worse is that they also showed themselves to have no understanding of slavery. For some reason they thought it was wise to suggest that only chattel slavery exists, which is of course nonsense. They attempted to be dishonest, but I fear they also came off as retarded.

  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It will probably make its way to higher courts.

    Insisting someone has to use their labor and materials to sell something is wrong. It has nothing to do with Gay Rights and everything to do with the rights of the individual. The market will decide.
    It is basically throwing the entire concept of rights in the trash and only valuing slavery.

  10. #300
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm aware of the case. While it is true they showed no understanding of the commerce clause, what was perhaps worse is that they also showed themselves to have no understanding of slavery. For some reason they thought it was wise to suggest that only chattel slavery exists, which is of course nonsense. They attempted to be dishonest, but I fear they also came off as retarded.



    The case that I cited was decided 49 years ago.

    Since then most people in the USA accept the 1964 Civil Rights Act as settled law.

    But a few people still try to swim upstream.

    Not my problem.




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •