Page 29 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #281
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Wow, you do a wonderful job at skating around an argument, but a piss poor job of hiding it.
    there has to actually be a legit and factual argument first, your post didnt provide one. I have no interest in talking OPINION, FANTASIES and PHILOSOPHIES when facts are being discussed.

    But please try to make this about me, use more deflections and failed insults im sure that will help the lack of a legit and factual argument in your post.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    As was pointed out before, who would want to eat a cake from a baker that was forced to bake that cake?

    There seems to be a lot of mental instability going on in cases like these.
    You know, this would have probably been a better strategy in the long run. Make the cakes for the gay couple, just don't make a good cakes; make one that just isn't made well. The patrons to the wedding, probably mostly gay, would not bother to purchase items from an establishment who's products are inferior.

    At the same time, bake and sell the good cakes to the straight people.

    After all, there's no law against being a bad cook.

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    there has to actually be a legit and factual argument first, your post didnt provide one. I have no interest in talking OPINION, FANTASIES and PHILOSOPHIES when facts are being discussed.

    But please try to make this about me, use more deflections and failed insults im sure that will help the lack of a legit and factual argument in your post.
    Is that why you didn't even try to counter my argument?

  4. #284
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Is that why you didn't even try to counter my argument?
    still got no argument huh? i didnt think so

    again there was no legit and factual argument, that has to be one first, cant counter something that doesn't exist, let me know when you can post one, a real and factual one
    not your OPINION, FANTASIES and PHILOSOPHIES that nobody cares about
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    still got no argument huh? i didnt think so

    again there was no legit and factual argument, that has to be one first, cant counter something that doesn't exist, let me know when you can post one, a real and factual one
    not your OPINION, FANTASIES and PHILOSOPHIES that nobody cares about
    I already provided my argument. You just think you don't have to counter it.

  6. #286
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The right to force people to associate with you.
    The right to get service from other people against their will.
    The right to enter property that is not your own.
    The right to use resources that are not your own.

    Do I have it about covered on this "equal" rights argument of yours?

    I still can't help to laugh at people believing there is a such thing as a public business. :lo
    l:



    It's not just 'people'. In Heart of Atlanta Motel Inc. v. United States, 379 U.S. 241 (1964) The U.S. Supreme Court held that the U.S. Congress could use the Constitution's Commerce Clause power to force private businesses to abide by the Civil Rights Act of 1964

    Read more here: Heart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    You might want to read about the case several times so that you don't forget it. It throws a lot of Libertarian ideas about property rights in the trash can.

    Deal with it.




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll
    Last edited by shrubnose; 12-07-13 at 03:18 PM.

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    It's not just 'people'. In Heart of Atlanta Motel Inc. v. United States, 379 U.S. 241 (1964) The U.S. Supreme Court held that the U.S. Congress could use the Constitution's Commerce Clause power to force private businesses to abide by the Civil Rights Act of 1964

    Read more here: Heart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    So there is a trade dispute between the listed members? So businesses and customers are listed in the commerce clause?

  8. #288
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)I already provided my argument.
    2.)You just think you don't have to counter it.
    1.) im sure you believe that but it wasnt a factual legit argument
    2.) no, i know this fact because you cant counter what doesnt exist


    again there was no legit and factual argument, let me know when you can post one, a real and factual one
    not your OPINION, FANTASIES and PHILOSOPHIES which are not arguments against facts and which nobody cares about
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) im sure you believe that but it wasnt a factual legit argument
    2.) no, i know this fact because you cant counter what doesnt exist


    again there was no legit and factual argument, let me know when you can post one, a real and factual one
    not your OPINION, FANTASIES and PHILOSOPHIES which are not arguments against facts and which nobody cares about
    Cute. I make an argument and instead of actually countering the argument you think you can just declare it's not legitimate and thus not worth your efforts. There is a way to use this debating trick and win, but that isn't the way you are using it. Then again, when you are caught using it there is no way you can win the debate.

  10. #290
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So there is a trade dispute between the listed members? So businesses and customers are listed in the commerce clause?



    Those who get taken to court for violating the 1964 Civil Rights Act are not smiling and they definitely don't leave court laughing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •