Page 27 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #261
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,475

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    How so? Baking a cake for the purpose of honoring a gay relationship (a gay marriage) may be something the baker views as supporting that or going against his convictions. On the flip side, if a business felt it was wrong to support religion because religion brings about all the world's ills (in their view) I shouldn't be able to force the baker into servitude and have them bake for my church event. Part of his religious practice could be to live a moral life and not do things that go against what he believes is wrong. It's part of the "free exercise thereof." Religion is more than ritual, for many it's a way of life and permeates everything that they do with their actions and live existing to honor God or live along a certain path.
    As was pointed out before, who would want to eat a cake from a baker that was forced to bake that cake?

    There seems to be a lot of mental instability going on in cases like these.

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I misinterpreted.

    You do realize the law in question is the Coloarado Anti Discrimination Act, right?
    Yeah, so?

  3. #263
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    1.)Wow, you let 35 other post before yours. I would have thought you would have been #2 or #3.

    2.)After all this is your pet cause.
    1.) So you go nothing t on topic huh? just failed deflections, typical.

    2.) theres no cause of mine here like most Americans i respect equal rights and I dont condone nor do i want to empower discrimination, violating rights and bigotry

    Let us know when you have something on topic
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #264
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,132

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yeah, so?
    Just making sure, because I have no idea what you were trying to argue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #265
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The right to force people to associate with you.
    The right to get service from other people against their will.
    The right to enter property that is not your own.
    The right to use resources that are not your own.

    Do I have it about covered on this "equal" rights argument of yours?
    your OPINION, FANTASIES and PHILOSOPHIES are meaningless to the facts

    of course you are allowed to vent about your opinions all you want but they wont impact the facts nor do they matter, hurt feelings dont change facts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #266
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,475

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    dogs good > gays evil

    marrying a dog is cute and funny and NOT a smudge on the utmost holy sanctity of religious marriage to always be taken seriously and nobody else has a right to this word

    same sex marriage is the devils work and totally offensive even though it has nothing to do with religion
    I hope this dog marriage thing doesn't take off.

    I have 3 females and I would have to pay for the darn wedding.

    How do you bake a cake for a dog wedding? I assume the cake was for the humans that attended the wedding.

    I did once make a cake for my dog for her birthday, but it was made of meat. I don't think dogs should eat that much sugar.

  7. #267
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Homosexuals are not a protected class under Federal Law:

    Protected class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Colorado has a state law that prohibits discrimination in public accommodations based on sexual orientation.

    In my opinion, (what do I know?) not wanting to supply a wedding cake to a homosexual couple getting married is not discrimination based on sexual orientation. *shrug* It's a discrimination against gay marriage. I think there's a fine line here that could easily be challenged.

    If a gay couple came into my bakery and began picking their noses -- and I asked them to leave -- am I discriminating against them because they're gay? Or because they're picking their noses?
    This is an interesting point.

    I dont remember from the OP. Did the couple go and try to order the cake themselves?

    What if a straight person wanted to order a cake for a gay wedding?

    (And yes, while sexual orientation is not (yet) a federally protected class, some states like WA St and it looks like Colo. have made it a protected class so businesses & employers are not allowed to discriminate against gays. Just as a clarification.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    your OPINION, FANTASIES and PHILOSOPHIES are meaningless to the facts

    of course you are allowed to vent about your opinions all you want but they wont impact the facts nor do they matter, hurt feelings dont change facts
    Oh, really? So the law is not forcing businesses to serve people they otherwise would not? Isn't that strange then considering the case in question.

  9. #269
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The bigotry lies in forcing someone to go against their beliefs via their private business to provide you with a service for something they believe is wrong.

    This goes beyond gay "rights" and gets into bullying through the courts.
    They probably did it to prove a point. I'll bet they never patronize that business again.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #270
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I hope this dog marriage thing doesn't take off.

    I have 3 females and I would have to pay for the darn wedding.

    How do you bake a cake for a dog wedding? I assume the cake was for the humans that attended the wedding.

    I did once make a cake for my dog for her birthday, but it was made of meat. I don't think dogs should eat that much sugar.
    People do make and buy dog wedding cakes.

    But as any sensible person knows, animals other than humans cannot consent and therefore cannot enter into legal contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •