Page 20 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #191
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry...but that isn't America. Those bigoted views are no longer acceptable here.
    Yes it is and yes they are.

    You contradict yourself a lot

  2. #192
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry...but that is exactly what you are saying. Bigotry is bigotry is bigotry. You can't be a "Cafeteria non-discriminator"...picking and choosing what is ok based on your own likes/dislikes.
    Sure buddy. Again, you never refuted my previous statement because you know nothing of the The Good Book. You just think it's all about a big hug and pat on the butt when you do something wrong, which isn't the case. You simply attempt to pull the heart strings on this instead of getting in the weeds of the background of it.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #193
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Sure buddy. Again, you never refuted my previous statement because you know nothing of the The Good Book. You just think it's all about a big hug and pat on the butt when you do something wrong, which isn't the case. You simply attempt to pull the heart strings on this instead of getting in the weeds of the background of it.
    This might be a better argument if these "Christian" bakeries would be more consistent. One such business refused the gay couple a cake but was happy to make a divorce cake, a cake for a dog wedding, and a cake for a pagan solstice party. This isn't about your book.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #194
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    This might be a better argument if these "Christian" bakeries would be more consistent. One such business refused the gay couple a cake but was happy to make a divorce cake, a cake for a dog wedding, and a cake for a pagan solstice party. This isn't about your book.
    Consistency is not somethign which the law should require of ones private business.

    Nor should following or NOT following a book be

  5. #195
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    This might be a better argument if these "Christian" bakeries would be more consistent. One such business refused the gay couple a cake but was happy to make a divorce cake, a cake for a dog wedding, and a cake for a pagan solstice party. This isn't about your book.
    Did THIS business do that or did ANOTHER business do that? Further, no one can tell a person how they can practice their religion. You can't tell me how to be a Christian no more than I can tell you how to practice whatever religion, if any, you are. What you are advocating with your "be more consistent" statement is that somehow the justice system should be able to rule if a person has effectively proven that they are following the edicts of their religion before being able to cite it as a defense in court. Is this what you meant by that comment?
    Finally, it is about my book, the Quran, or any other book. It's called the friggin 1st Amendment which applies to ALL Americans including business owners. What is attempting to be proven by yourself and others on this thread is that the Bill of Rights applies to people until they buy a business. Then, it doesn't anymore because their customers rights now hold more weight.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #196
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Sure buddy. Again, you never refuted my previous statement because you know nothing of the The Good Book. You just think it's all about a big hug and pat on the butt when you do something wrong, which isn't the case. You simply attempt to pull the heart strings on this instead of getting in the weeds of the background of it.

    LOL....sorry....but I know the teachings of Jesus Christ quite well...and anyone who knows much at all about the teachings of Christ would see that the actions of this bigot run counter to everything that Christ taught.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #197
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    Consistency is not somethign which the law should require of ones private business.

    Nor should following or NOT following a book be
    Just because you want that to be the law....doesn't mean that it is. There is a little thing called the Constitution that says otherwise. Oh...but that's right...you haven't read it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #198
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Did THIS business do that or did ANOTHER business do that? Further, no one can tell a person how they can practice their religion. You can't tell me how to be a Christian no more than I can tell you how to practice whatever religion, if any, you are. What you are advocating with your "be more consistent" statement is that somehow the justice system should be able to rule if a person has effectively proven that they are following the edicts of their religion before being able to cite it as a defense in court. Is this what you meant by that comment?
    Finally, it is about my book, the Quran, or any other book. It's called the friggin 1st Amendment which applies to ALL Americans including business owners. What is attempting to be proven by yourself and others on this thread is that the Bill of Rights applies to people until they buy a business. Then, it doesn't anymore because their customers rights now hold more weight.

    The religious freedom argument is undermined when you are applying your "religious" beliefs selectively.

    And yes, actually, once you're a business that holds out to the public, you don't have the same rights as an individual. The first amendment is not blanket authorization to ignore any law you claim to oppose. If I run a restaraunt and really, truly believe that all illness is the will of God, can I be exempt from food safety laws?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #199
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The religious freedom argument is undermined when you are applying your "religious" beliefs selectively.

    And yes, actually, once you're a business that holds out to the public, you don't have the same rights as an individual. The first amendment is not blanket authorization to ignore any law you claim to oppose. If I run a restaraunt and really, truly believe that all illness is the will of God, can I be exempt from food safety laws?
    Bingo!!!!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #200
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....sorry....but I know the teachings of Jesus Christ quite well...and anyone who knows much at all about the teachings of Christ would see that the actions of this bigot run counter to everything that Christ taught.
    Jesus taught nothing about picking and choosing who to sell something to.

    Obviously you do not know much about him or his silly book

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •