Page 19 of 173 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #181
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Thats what some people try to claim...and my point exactly...and exactly why the Bible cannot be used as the foundation for the Constitution.
    There's a difference in events in a religious manuscript and directives in a religious manuscript. That homosexuality is wrong is a directive in the Bible. Further, these people own a private business. If this were a publicly owned business, I'd be right there with you on it. But it isn't. It's private. Being that it is private, these people should be able to run their business as they see fit as long as it doesn't harm the public involuntarily ie they dump trash in the street, they play music too loud, etc. Following one's religious directives and beliefs is not something that should be infringed upon when the public is not involuntarily harmed. In this case, the public was not. These two could have gone to friggin Wal-Mart and had a cake made.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #182
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    There's a difference in events in a religious manuscript and directives in a religious manuscript. That homosexuality is wrong is a directive in the Bible. Further, these people own a private business. If this were a publicly owned business, I'd be right there with you on it. But it isn't. It's private. Being that it is private, these people should be able to run their business as they see fit as long as it doesn't harm the public involuntarily ie they dump trash in the street, they play music too loud, etc. Following one's religious directives and beliefs is not something that should be infringed upon when the public is not involuntarily harmed. In this case, the public was not. These two could have gone to friggin Wal-Mart and had a cake made.
    And two black people could walk down the street to another lunch counter....right?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #183
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    And like the court said...you cannot use the bible or your religion as a shield to get around the demands of our Constitution.
    The court did not say that and the baker did not do it.

    The constitution makes no such demands on people.

    Still waiting for the clause

  4. #184
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    That is exactly what people do.
    And they're wrong for it, as has been proven by the evolution of most Christian's stances on things.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  5. #185
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    And two black people could walk down the street to another lunch counter....right?
    YEs exactly

  6. #186
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    And two black people could walk down the street to another lunch counter....right?
    Typical intellectually void argument from you. I don't know why I even tried.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  7. #187
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    And they're wrong for it, as has been proven by the evolution of most Christian's stances on things.
    Its time to put Christ back in "Christian". Most "Christian" religions these days know little about the man they profess to follow.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #188
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Typical intellectually void argument from you. I don't know why I even tried.
    Sorry...but that is exactly what you are saying. Bigotry is bigotry is bigotry. You can't be a "Cafeteria non-discriminator"...picking and choosing what is ok based on your own likes/dislikes.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #189
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Its time to put Christ back in "Christian". Most "Christian" religions these days know little about the man they profess to follow.
    Nor do you.

    Using the law to force a christian to conduct his life and business as he sees fit is not christian

  10. #190
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    YEs exactly
    Sorry...but that isn't America. Those bigoted views are no longer acceptable here.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •