Page 18 of 173 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #171
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    The courts and the constitution are two different things. Legislating from thebench is one person dictating to others without regard to constitional law. This is a problem In this country we need to stop.

    I notice you never provided a quote from the constitution which forbids private business from discriminating. This is because you cannot because it does not.

    The court did not strike down bigotry the baker is still a bigot.

    Your quote from the bible rests on a presumption that everyone to include these two gay men are christs brethren. Thats why it doesnot apply to this argument.

    You should be more christ like as well and stand against people using the courts as a bludgeon to force someone to do what they wish.

    Ever heard of "Equal Protection". ....yeah....probably not.

    And are you seriously trying to claim that Christ would not view the two gay men as his bretheren? Wow.......just wow........
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #172
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I didn't say that....I said that the Bible is full of instances in which people treat other people as inferior to them.....going all the way back to Exodus......
    So what? What's that have to do with your argument? So what you're saying is that everything in the Bible is capable of being cited by Christians as justification for any bad behavior? There's murder in the Bible as well. So I can go murder someone and cite the Bible?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #173
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    So what? What's that have to do with your argument? So what you're saying is that everything in the Bible is capable of being cited by Christians as justification for any bad behavior? There's murder in the Bible as well. So I can go murder someone and cite the Bible?
    Thats what some people try to claim...and my point exactly...and exactly why the Bible cannot be used as the foundation for the Constitution.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #174
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Ever heard of "Equal Protection". ....yeah....probably not.

    And are you seriously trying to claim that Christ would not view the two gay men as his bretheren? Wow.......just wow........
    Equal protection under the law does not extend to equal service from private business and equal protection is not in the constitution.

    I do not claim anything whatsoever about what the myth of jesus would think. Because he is myth.

    But having said that yes the myth would not approve of gay men.

  5. #175
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    So what? What's that have to do with your argument? So what you're saying is that everything in the Bible is capable of being cited by Christians as justification for any bad behavior? There's murder in the Bible as well. So I can go murder someone and cite the Bible?
    That is exactly what people do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  6. #176
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Thats what some people try to claim...and my point exactly...and exactly why the Bible cannot be used as the foundation for the Constitution.
    The baker did not try to use the bible as a basis for the constitution he used it as a basis for his private affairs.

    It is you using an idealology as a basis to claim what is not found in the constitution

  7. #177
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    Equal protection under the law does not extend to equal service from private business and equal protection is not in the constitution.

    I do not claim anything whatsoever about what the myth of jesus would think. Because he is myth.

    But having said that yes the myth would not approve of gay men.

    Equal Protection is not in the Constitution? LOL.....okay....now I understand why you haven't a clue what you are trying to argue.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #178
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    The baker did not try to use the bible as a basis for the constitution he used it as a basis for his private affairs.

    It is you using an idealology as a basis to claim what is not found in the constitution
    And like the court said...you cannot use the bible or your religion as a shield to get around the demands of our Constitution.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #179
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Equal Protection is not in the Constitution? LOL.....okay....now I understand why you haven't a clue what you are trying to argue.
    Cite the clause.

  10. #180
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    Cite the clause.

    LOL....Article 14, sec 1. You might want to pick it up and read it sometime...then you wouldn't make silly arguments like "Equal Protection is not in the Constitution".
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •