Page 172 of 173 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1711
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No more "force" is involved than requiring people to obey a stop sign...and most people don't run around worrying that if they run a stop sign, the government is going to come blazing after them with their guns drawn.
    It's all force against free exercise. Not all force is unwarranted, but don't kid yourself. Everything is backed by the government, defy it and see where it gets you. Since you want to infringe upon the rights of property and labor with the use of government force, you must prove that the use of it is just and within the boundaries of proper government function.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #1712
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    So if the business owner disobeys the law? Then what?
    Good luck trying that road. DD does not acknowledge that government force is ultimately backed by its guns.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #1713
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    The government will come blazing after you if you run a stop sign.
    They will give you a ticket....they aren't going to put a gun to your head.....geesh!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #1714
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    They will give you a ticket....they aren't going to put a gun to your head.....geesh!
    And if i dont pay the ticket they will kidnap me. If i refuse to be kidnapped they will put a gun to my head

  5. #1715
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    And if i dont pay the ticket they will kidnap me. If i refuse to be kidnapped they will put a gun to my head
    Being arrested for committing a crime isn't kidnapping. Not even libertarians think you should be able to commit crimes. You're an anarchist.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #1716
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The ruling in is. Chalk another one up for the good guys
    Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple - Washington TimesA Colorado judge ruled Friday against a bakery owner who refused to prepare a cake for a gay couple’s wedding reception.

    Administrative Law Judge Robert N. Spencer ordered Jack Phillips, owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, to “cease and desist from discriminating against complainants and other same-sex couples by refusing to sell them wedding cakes or any other product [he] would provide to heterosexual couples.”


    Read more: Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple - Washington Times
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter





    Another ruling that bigotry will no longer be tolerated in America. If this baker is truly concerned about his religious beliefs....perhaps he should start by trying to be more "Christ-like" and try living the principles that Jesus Christ taught.
    People (or in this case business owners in the PRIVATE SECTOR) can do whatever the hell they want - it's their First Amendment Right..

    You cant force someone to bake you a cake, and their reason for not backing you a cake is irrelevant...

    What if I owned a bakery a refused to bake you a cake just because I didn't like you?

    You can't force a business to do business..

    Businesses have the right to turn away anyone they want - a perfect example of that is "no shoes, no shirt, no service."

    It's not a win for the "good guys" - it's a win for the authoritarian tyrants - that are no better or any less fascist than Hitler.

    Tolerance is a 2-way street, you have to respect the intolerant to be tolerant...

    The best part is that when it comes to Muslims progressives fully understand and respect the fact that they abuse woman, don't want to deal with gays or even touch pork products - yet Christians are intolerant devils in their mind because they refuse to bake a flippin cake and want nothing to do with a gay wedding.... The contradictions there are astounding...

    This is about as contradicting as the "black/white santa controversy."

  7. #1717
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    People (or in this case business owners in the PRIVATE SECTOR) can do whatever the hell they want - it's their First Amendment Right..

    You cant force someone to bake you a cake, and their reason for not backing you a cake is irrelevant...

    What if I owned a bakery a refused to bake you a cake just because I didn't like you?

    You can't force a business to do business..

    Businesses have the right to turn away anyone they want - a perfect example of that is "no shoes, no shirt, no service."

    It's not a win for the "good guys" - it's a win for the authoritarian tyrants - that are no better or any less fascist than Hitler.

    Tolerance is a 2-way street, you have to respect the intolerant to be tolerant...

    The best part is that when it comes to Muslims progressives fully understand and respect the fact that they abuse woman, don't want to deal with gays or even touch pork products - yet Christians are intolerant devils in their mind because they refuse to bake a flippin cake and want nothing to do with a gay wedding.... The contradictions there are astounding...

    This is about as contradicting as the "black/white santa controversy."
    Sorry, but you are wrong. You may have a first amendment right to be a bigot in your speech, but that does not extend to actions that violate the Constitution by discriminating against someone because you don't like the color of their skin or their gender or their sexual orientation.

    BTW your analogy is just plain silly. A Muslim butcher shop doesn't have to carry pork products. A better analogy to what you were trying to say would be if a Muslim butcher refused service to a Christian simply because they were Christian. That would violate the law in the same way this bigoted baker did.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #1718
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    And if i dont pay the ticket they will kidnap me. If i refuse to be kidnapped they will put a gun to my head
    Wow....can you say paranoia?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #1719
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry, but you are wrong. You may have a first amendment right to be a bigot in your speech, but that does not extend to actions that violate the Constitution by discriminating against someone because you don't like the color of their skin or their gender or their sexual orientation.

    BTW your analogy is just plain silly. A Muslim butcher shop doesn't have to carry pork products. A better analogy to what you were trying to say would be if a Muslim butcher refused service to a Christian simply because they were Christian. That would violate the law in the same way this bigoted baker did.
    Bigot??

    I love how you don't acknowledge the entire First Amendment....

    Also, the reason why someone doesn't want to serve you is irrelevant.

    Sorry, one reason is not better than the other.

    See, If I was this bakery I wouldn't have even given a reason - I would have just said: "I don't want to"....

    Funny how it's perfectly fine NOT to serve someone who is half naked and not wearing any shoes and THAT isn't discrimination, yet refusing service to a gay is?

    It seems progressives only have tolerance for certain types of discrimination - not discrimination..

    And people wonder why I call progressives fascists? well making exceptions to your own damn personal policies generally paints you in that light.

  10. #1720
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Bigot??

    I love how you don't acknowledge the entire First Amendment....

    Also, the reason why someone doesn't want to serve you is irrelevant.

    Sorry, one reason is not better than the other.

    See, If I was this bakery I wouldn't have even given a reason - I would have just said: "I don't want to"....

    Funny how it's perfectly fine NOT to serve someone who is half naked and not wearing any shoes and THAT isn't discrimination, yet refusing service to a gay is?

    It seems progressives only have tolerance for certain types of discrimination - not discrimination..

    And people wonder why I call progressives fascists? well making exceptions to your own damn personal policies generally paints you in that light.
    There are health department rules requiring shirt/shoes. There is no such anti-gay health department rules. Sorry....try again.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •