Page 148 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1471
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post




    post 50 more pictures her post will still be true and accurate

    changes zero facts, nota, zilch
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1472
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Yes it does change what she said because she wants to make this incident that happened to the baker comparative to what happened to blacks. If anyone wants to see what real discrimination looks like, look no further than what Blacks endured. To bring up the struggles of Blacks and compare it to a gay couple being denied a wedding cake is about as absurd as one can get. There were places Blacks were denied. period. Her statement is false. So when I asked did the baker hang a sign on his door denying gays entry and the answer is no, while Blacks were indeed denied entry to some establishments. When I asked did the baker's bakery have a bathroom marked for Straight people only, the answer is No. But Black folks were indeed denied public restroom facilities because unless it was marked colored, they were not permitted to use them. So to make the claim that this incident is in any way equal to what Blacks endured is absolutely asinine.
    To add to your comments, Vesper, this baker had always served Gays in the past. He just didn't want bake a cake for a Gay marriage because, like Barrack Obama and Bill Clinton, he supported traditional marriage. It was against his religion as well.

    This whole thing abut Blacks is a crock, and even the dimmest of leftists must know it.

  3. #1473
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,980

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Yes it does change what she said because she wants to make this incident that happened to the baker comparative to what happened to blacks. If anyone wants to see what real discrimination looks like, look no further than what Blacks endured. To bring up the struggles of Blacks and compare it to a gay couple being denied a wedding cake is about as absurd as one can get. There were places Blacks were denied. period. Her statement is false. So when I asked did the baker hang a sign on his door denying gays entry and the answer is no, while Blacks were indeed denied entry to some establishments. When I asked did the baker's bakery have a bathroom marked for Straight people only, the answer is No. But Black folks were indeed denied public restroom facilities because unless it was marked colored, they were not permitted to use them. So to make the claim that this incident is in any way equal to what Blacks endured is absolutely asinine.
    It's not a *contest* Catholics, for example, are protected the same as blacks and gays. Did the Catholics suffer greatly in the US? Did Christians? The Irish? Italians? ALL protected the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I It was about how black people were treated in American society. They had separate laws....were treated like 2nd class citizens, they were not served in the same businesses or in the same manner as white Americans. They were discriminated against based on their race.

    As shown by the OP, this is now a very similar issue to that which gays are fighting. They are being discriminated against because of their sexual orientation.

    You may disagree that sexual orientation isnt deserving of being a protected class but there is no way to avoid the FACT that it is indeed a civil rights issue.

    Blacks werent owed their civil rights because of slavery. They deserved their civil rights because they deserved to be treated EQUALLY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #1474
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    To add to your comments, Vesper, this baker had always served Gays in the past. He just didn't want bake a cake for a Gay marriage because, like Barrack Obama and Bill Clinton, he supported traditional marriage. It was against his religion as well.

    This whole thing abut Blacks is a crock, and even the dimmest of leftists must know it.
    yep just like people who served blacks out the back door in the ally but as soon as they act like they are equals and try to come in the front door they dont but its not because they are black its because they think they are equals and want equal rights, thats what makes it not discrimination lol <sarcasm off> wow that fallacy was easy to completely destroy.

    facts defeat your post again, so does the court case and the court rulling
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1475
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    post 50 more pictures her post will still be true and accurate

    changes zero facts, nota, zilch
    Oh really? according to who, you? She has gone on for pages using blacks suffrage equivalent to the gay couple that was denied a wedding cake because of the baker's moral convictions in regard to marriage. And it is unfounded rhetoric.






  6. #1476
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yep just like people who served blacks out the back door in the ally but as soon as they act like they are equals and try to come in the front door they dont but its not because they are black its because they think they are equals and want equal rights, thats what makes it not discrimination lol <sarcasm off> wow that fallacy was easy to completely destroy.facts defeat your post again, so does the court case and the court rulling
    Seems I was wrong. There are still a few around who think this is about Blacks in the 50's.

  7. #1477
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    1.)Oh really? according to who, you?
    2.) She has gone on for pages using blacks suffrage equivalent to the gay couple that was denied a wedding cake because of the baker's moral convictions in regard to marriage.
    3.) And it is unfounded rhetoric.
    1.) history, facts, and reality what else is needed
    2.) equivalent as in identical? no
    equivalent as in comparison because they are both in fact civil/legal/equal rights issues? yes 100% she is correct
    3.) its factually correct has proven by history, laws, rights, court cases and court precedent and this exact court ruling

    facts defeat your post again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1478
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    To add to your comments, Vesper, this baker had always served Gays in the past. He just didn't want bake a cake for a Gay marriage because, like Barrack Obama and Bill Clinton, he supported traditional marriage. It was against his religion as well.

    This whole thing abut Blacks is a crock, and even the dimmest of leftists must know it.
    It's a disingenuous argument to say the least. Yes I know the baker catered to the entire community all sorts of cakes/confections, just not gay wedding cakes due to religious convictions. Did you catch my post about the proposed legislation that will protect the rights of people like the baker and it has support from BOTH parties!

  9. #1479
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Seems I was wrong. There are still a few around who think this is about Blacks in the 50's.
    really? can you back up that lie you just posted?
    ill never post again if you can back up the lie you just posted, please factually quote me saying that this is about the blacks in the 50s. we would love to read it.

    Facts defeat your post again (im gonna have to put this fact in my sig if i keep replying to the same posts)
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #1480
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,980

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Oh really? according to who, you? She has gone on for pages using blacks suffrage equivalent to the gay couple that was denied a wedding cake because of the baker's moral convictions in regard to marriage. And it is unfounded rhetoric.
    The pictures are pointless....again...that differed community to community, usually in the South. I dont deny that. It was a dark period for Americans.

    And yet you still seem to deny that blacks were allowed in the same establishments as whites BUT excluded from THE SAME treatment. They were forced to sit in less desirous areas and often received 2nd rate service and food. Whites were given priority while blacks waited until all whites were served, things like that.

    Blatant discrimination....and yet they still took their (blacks) $$. Let me ask you...do you think the blacks were charged LESS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •