Page 147 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1461
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    If the decision not to provide the service was based on your race then you have a case.
    yep basic common sense
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1462
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by gipper View Post
    yes i did. I mocked your desire to let washington pick winners and losers in the "equal rights" game.
    ok.

    ...................
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #1463
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    That is absolutely false. Unless there was a door marked "colored" a Black person was not allowed entry into that establishment. Public bathrooms the same. If there wasn't one marked "colored" they were out of luck!





    And somehow you just don't get the idea that a man not wanting to violate his religious beliefs is his right to deny something that does just that.
    you posting a picture of SOME places doesn't change the fact blacks were allowed some places, nothing you posted changes her post lol

    facts defeat your post again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #1464
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I dont believe that any barber, regardless of color, can deny you a haircut because you are white. Race is a protected class.
    100% correct
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1465
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you posting a picture of SOME places doesn't change the fact blacks were allowed some places, nothing you posted changes her post lol

    facts defeat your post again

    Silly because as you said....that doesnt exclude my example of the theaters and restaurants that had separate (generally lower quality) areas for blacks.

    And also doesnt take into consideration that those signs and laws were applied differently in every state and even by county.
    Last edited by Lursa; 12-10-13 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #1466
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,840

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you posting a picture of SOME places doesn't change the fact blacks were allowed some places, nothing you posted changes her post lol

    facts defeat your post again
    Yes it does change what she said because she wants to make this incident that happened to the baker comparative to what happened to blacks. If anyone wants to see what real discrimination looks like, look no further than what Blacks endured. To bring up the struggles of Blacks and compare it to a gay couple being denied a wedding cake is about as absurd as one can get. There were places Blacks were denied. period. Her statement is false. So when I asked did the baker hang a sign on his door denying gays entry and the answer is no, while Blacks were indeed denied entry to some establishments. When I asked did the baker's bakery have a bathroom marked for Straight people only, the answer is No. But Black folks were indeed denied public restroom facilities because unless it was marked colored, they were not permitted to use them. So to make the claim that this incident is in any way equal to what Blacks endured is absolutely asinine.

  7. #1467
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Silly because as you said....that doesnt exclude my example of the theaters and restaurants that had separate areas for blacks.

    And also doesnt take into consideration that those signs and laws were applied differently in every state and even by county.
    correct and some states almost never did it at all in regards to stores and such
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1468
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post

    And somehow you just don't get the idea that a man not wanting to violate his religious beliefs is his right to deny something that does just that.
    I've said multiple times that I understand it (and do sympathize) but his obligation, under the laws of the state and his agreement to conduct a business under those laws, trumps his beliefs.

    Not to mention that the religious owner serves many people that...by strictly and devoutly following Christian doctrine...he 'morally' should not. ANd I gave lots of examples, an entire list. So I bring up again his 'selectivity,' his playing the 'religion card.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #1469
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Y1.)es it does change what she said
    2.) because she wants to make this incident that happened to the baker comparative to what happened to blacks. If anyone wants to see what real discrimination looks like, look no further than what Blacks endured.
    3.) To bring up the struggles of Blacks and compare it to a gay couple being denied a wedding cake is about as absurd as one can get.
    4/) There were places Blacks were denied. period.
    5.) Her statement is false.
    6.) So when I asked did the baker hang a sign on his door denying gays entry and the answer is no, while Blacks were indeed denied entry to some establishments. When I asked did the baker's bakery have a bathroom marked for Straight people only, the answer is No.
    7.) But Black folks were indeed denied public restroom facilities because unless it was marked colored, they were not permitted to use them.
    8.) So to make the claim that this incident is in any way equal to what Blacks endured is absolutely asinine.
    1.)nope it factually doesn't because her post was still 100% accurate and you didnt change that one bit. sorry facts defeat your post again
    2.)it factually is comparative
    3.) another failed strawman nobody called them identical only said it comparative and it is based on legal/civil and equal rights, this fact proves your post wrong
    4.) correct, changes nothing as there are places gays were too
    5.) nope was 100% accurate
    6.) did she claimed the baker did? nope another meaningless point
    7.) yes they were meaningless
    8.) nope its factually true, as many blacks have stated, the claim was never made the suffering and the forms of discrimination were identical only that its about equal/civil and legal rights, which it is and this fact proves your claim wrong

    facts defeat your post again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #1470
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,840

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •