Page 138 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1371
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    It is a legal foothold that can be exploited later.
    No whammy, No whammy, No whammy, STOP!

    This is the end all be all. All these people complaining about cake now are going to get screwed later on. Those too lazy to perform their civic and moral duty of intelligent interaction will eventually feel the same sting of inequality by the government their apathy encouraged. Run to government, run to government, run to government; it will take everything and more. Instead of having the resolve and morality to support our consciousness ourselves, we punt to the government. And those jerks have Aaron Rodgers behind center. They are good at incremental-ism.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #1372
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) you posted it was about cake muiltiple posters told you its about discrimination, your post was factually wrong. its about discrimination and the cake doesnt matter.
    2.) i did and the thread proves this and that your post was and is factually wrong
    3.) correct and this strawman and factually wrong statement fails every time you post it, nobody ever said they had a right to cake. Hence your stawman fails.
    4.) this is not an opinion, its not subjective. the case was based on discrimination and the ruling was based on discriminating, not cake, there fore your statement is and was factually wrong

    no amount of double talk, reframing, or backpedaling will change this fact it was about discrimination and the cakae is meaningless proven by facts.
    5.) that they mean is you are factually wrong as FACTS prove and you have nothign but "nuhuh"
    6.) correct good thing nobody made that claim, thanks for proving your starwman wrong again

    sorry this fact bothers you but its a fact non the less and yo have ZERO facts to show otherwsie
    It is about cake. The discrimination is secondary in this case since it involves no rights. But I never once said it wasn't discrimination. Please try to make more honest arguments in the future.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #1373
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,096

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No...actually its about someone wanting to set their own rules and trying to hide behind the guise of religion in order to shield themselves so that they can impose their bigotry. That's it.
    ... Should a Doctor that finds abortion morally reprehensible be compelled to perform an abortion? I don't think its much different than a baker that finds gay marriage morally reprehensible refusing to bake a cake that is to be used in celebration of this act that he finds morally wrong.

    Whether you chose to like it or not, there is very strong religious grounds for finding gay marriage morally wrong. ... and we ain't talking some fringe wackadoo religious sect, we are talking the Bible, the Law according to God according to Christians and Jews (supposedly 85% of America thinks they are either Christian or Jewish).
    Last edited by upsideguy; 12-10-13 at 08:42 PM.

  4. #1374
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,137

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    ... Should a Doctor that finds abortion morally reprehensible be compelled to perform an abortion?
    Different issue. If he is in the business of performing abortions, he cannot say that I will perform the service for whites, but not blacks. THAT is more akin to the situation that we are talking about.
    Your argument would be like walking into a bakery and demanding that they provide you with a 20 pound salmon. They would have a right in that situation to say...uh....we are a bakery...we don't sell fish.
    Understand the distinction?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #1375
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    ... Should a Doctor that finds abortion morally reprehensible be compelled to perform an abortion?
    That one would actually depend on the immediate danger to the woman and the availability of service.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #1376
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope government protecting the rights of others that the criminal owner violated
    much worth it! justice and rights win and are protected!
    Criminal owner??? If you were half the advocate of rights you claim to be, you would be defending the rights of the individual store owner to act according to his own will and his own standards. Instead you defend the power of the state to impose its will upon free men.

  7. #1377
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,791

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)What rights? Someone's rights to another person's cake and labor? That doesn't exist...
    2.)well OK it seems that it does given this case. But it's not proper use of government force.
    1.) correct good thing nobody made that argument but please feel free to invent more strawman
    2.) nope not what the case is based on
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1378
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Criminal owner??? If you were half the advocate of rights you claim to be, you would be defending the rights of the individual store owner to act according to his own will and his own standards. Instead you defend the power of the state to impose its will upon free men.
    Many people will default to government force when they can't get their way.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #1379
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) correct good thing nobody made that argument but please feel free to invent more strawman
    2.) nope not what the case is based on
    The case was based on a gay couple being refused a cake. No matter what you say, you cannot change that fact.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #1380
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,137

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Whether you chose to like it or not, there is very strong religious grounds for finding gay marriage morally wrong. ... and we ain't talking some fringe wackadoo religious sect, we are talking the Bible, the Law according to God according to Christians and Jews (supposedly 85% of America thinks they are either Christian or Jewish).
    No one is asking the baker to perform a gay wedding
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •