Page 136 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1351
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,813

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    quote him all you like, your crying is enjoyable, his ruling would not hold water here so I could care less. LOL
    no crying just like pointing out that your post was 100% factually wrong, remind me who attacked the facts? that was you so . . . . .

    please continue to post lies though

    when you have anything on topic and any facts to support your proven wrong statement let us know
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1352
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    If it applies to drinking fountains and restaurants then it applies to cake...
    It should relate only to government and public services, not private. If the government bakery didn't want to supply them with a cake, OK I'd understand the argument. If a private business doesn't want to supply them with a cake well that's their prerogative. Stupid as it reduces income, and if people protest and boycott you could go out of business. But that's also part of the point.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #1353
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Run the experiment DD. Go out and don't comply with the government, keep it up and resist as much as possible. Let me know what happens. I'll be waiting.
    Okie Dokie..........you have demonstrated enough for me to know your kind....thank you.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #1354
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,813

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)It's about discrimination over cake.
    2.)Someone had cake, someone else wanted to buy it, the first person said no, the second person took it to court.
    3.)Nothing you say will change the fact.
    1.) nope its about discrimination over sexual orientation
    2.) they took them to court because of discrimination
    3.) i agree nothing will change the fact its not about cake as the court case and rulling proves that fact and destroys your false claim again

    its about discrimination, nothing changes this fact, thats what the court cases was drafted on, thats what the ruling consisted off.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1355
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Individually, we are local, not global.

    Environmental laws where brought up simply to refute your blanket statement.
    But it didn't. Look at everything government funds and produces, they are huge polluters. War ain't something that just poofs.

    While it would be accurate to say that aggregated corporation can exceed boundaries of limited individual, it is not to say they possess the same inherent ability as government. Nor does it mean that there isn't legitimate regulation when it comes to the rights and liberties of the People.

    I fear it is you who is attempting to oversimplify the system.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #1356
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) nope its about discrimination over sexual orientation
    2.) they took them to court because of discrimination
    3.) i agree nothing will change the fact its not about cake as the court case and rulling proves that fact and destroys your false claim again

    its about discrimination, nothing changes this fact, thats what the court cases was drafted on, thats what the ruling consisted off.
    It was discrimination over cake. Nothing more, nothing less. No false claim since this was indeed about cake. You can keep saying 2+2=fish, but it doesn't make it so.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #1357
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That isn't an order... that is an observation made in his decision. Big difference.
    Bovine feces.

    The baker was ORDERED to make wedding cakes for gay couples.

  8. #1358
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    Ex Post Facto is a legal term, it means "after the fact."

    In law, this means that you cannot declare an act illegal after the fact. IF a person opens a bakery in 1995 and complies with the laws, a change in 2013 has no retroactive authority.
    Correct. A law is only effective from the date it becomes active forward from the date. Since the law was passed and became effective prior to the date of the event, Ex Post Facto has no bearing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    Oh, do tell - which LAWS did the baker break?
    Section 24-34-601 of the Colorado Code

    (2) It is a discriminatory practice and unlawful for a person, directly or indirectly, to refuse, withhold from, or deny to an individual or a group, because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or ancestry, the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation or, directly or indirectly, to publish, circulate, issue, display, post, or mail any written, electronic, or printed communication, notice, or advertisement that indicates that the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation will be refused, withheld from, or denied an individual or that an individual's patronage or presence at a place of public accommodation is unwelcome, objectionable, unacceptable, or undesirable because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or ancestry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    When was he arrested? What were the terms of his indictment?
    Something can be against the law (in this case Colorado Statutes concerning business practices) but not be a criminal offense. Since it's not a criminal offense there is not arrest or indictment. There is a Civil proceeding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    Will he face the gulag?
    He won't. Civil code doesn't result in jail time. IIRC, in this case the ruling was simply an injunction from continued discrimination. However he did face fines for each confirmed offense, money that would then have gone to the filer of the complaint.

    24-34-602. Penalty and civil liability.

    (1) Any person who violates section 24-34-601 shall be fined not less than fifty dollars nor more than five hundred dollars for each violation. A person aggrieved by the violation of section 24-34-601 shall bring an action in any court of competent jurisdiction in the county where the violation occurred. Upon finding a violation, the court shall order the defendant to pay the fine to the aggrieved party.


    >>>>
    Last edited by WorldWatcher; 12-10-13 at 08:20 PM.

  9. #1359
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,813

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That isn't an order... that is an observation made in his decision. Big difference.
    DING DING DING DING correct


    the owner wasnt even fined he was just given a cease and desist order to stop breaking the law and conducting illegal discrimination.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #1360
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Okie Dokie..........you have demonstrated enough for me to know your kind....thank you.
    As have you. You cannot even admit to the very foundations of force. Bye bye, pander your emotional, drama queen, dishonest arguments elsewhere.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •