Page 134 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1331
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    There are some bigots out there for sure, and religion has long served as a cover for it. Still, it's cake and cake isn't a right.
    Nope. The cake part is completely irrelevant. The same law would apply if it were any other item that a business has for sale. The issue isn't cake, its about whether a business can openly flaunt the law and discriminate...and the clear answer to that question is No. It really is that simple. I know you don't like it...but that's the answer and no amount of crying and whining is going to change that....it just isnt.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #1332
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,813

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)It's about someone wanting somebody else's cake and not getting it. That's it.
    2.)You have no honest argument left here.
    1.)nope its about illegal discrimination facts defeat your post again, should we read what the court case was about and what the ruling says. It all prpoves your post wrong.
    2.) there is no argument to be made you are factually wrong lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #1333
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    All government force is not backed by guns. In fact it very rarely is. To say so is to speak paranoia.
    Yeah? OK. What happens when you don't pay your taxes. What happens when you refuse? Does the government go away, or do they increase their force to make you comply? If you push far enough, armed police come to take you away/

    Can you please just once not make these dishonest arguments? Just for once.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #1334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    facts, laws, court cases, precedence, ordinances, court precedence and this case rulling all prove you factually wrong and sexual orientation is the same based on civil, equal, human and legal rights vs illegal discrimination

    let us know what you have that supports your proven wrong claim

    would you like me to quote the judge and his ruling AGAIN?
    quote him all you like, your crying is enjoyable, his ruling would not hold water here so I could care less. LOL

  5. #1335
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)nope its about illegal discrimination facts defeat your post again, should we read what the court case was about and what the ruling says. It all prpoves your post wrong.
    2.) there is no argument to be made you are factually wrong lol
    It's about discrimination over cake. Someone had cake, someone else wanted to buy it, the first person said no, the second person took it to court. Nothing you say will change the fact.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #1336
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Government possess a much greater ability to affect us all than individuals. This is true.
    Again, on an individual basis, yes. But people have a greater ability overal to affect us.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #1337
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,988

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    Au Contrair

    {Judge Spencer said Phillips did not demonstrate that his free speech rights had been violated and he said there’s no evidence that forcing him to make a cake for a same-sex ceremony would hurt his business.}

    Judge orders baker to serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs | Fox News

    That isn't an order... that is an observation made in his decision. Big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #1338
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nope. The cake part is completely irrelevant. The same law would apply if it were any other item that a business has for sale. The issue isn't cake, its about whether a business can openly flaunt the law and discriminate...and the clear answer to that question is No. It really is that simple. I know you don't like it...but that's the answer and no amount of crying and whining is going to change that....it just isnt.
    The cake is completely relevant in order to determine rights violation. If I was withheld medical treatment, OK I can see that. Prevented from voting...most assuredly valid point then. Cake? Not so much.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #1339
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah? OK. What happens when you don't pay your taxes. What happens when you refuse? Does the government go away, or do they increase their force to make you comply? If you push far enough, armed police come to take you away/

    Can you please just once not make these dishonest arguments? Just for once.
    Oh puh-lease....you act as if every time you get a ticket, there is a cop standing there ready to pull a gun and blow your head off. That is just plain silly. Rarely does government regulation ever require force to be imposed. It is absolute paranoia to live thinking that the government is ready to come with their guns and get you if you break a rule.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #1340
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Again, on an individual basis, yes. But people have a greater ability overal to affect us.
    In some amount of hive mentality perhaps. But the individual has perhaps great ability to affect us locally, but reduced ability to do so globally.

    But quite honestly, environmental laws are completely different from this current topic.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •