Page 132 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    100% factually false since this case is about civil, equal, human and legal rights vs illegal discrimination

    so any reference to discrimination against gender, sexual orientation, religion, race is valid and 100% on topic
    false, sexual preference has nothing to do with race comparisons, no matter how many tears you shed

  2. #1312
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Who is talking about bringing out the national guard to force it? Uh........no one. And you are supporting it. Spare me the "I would boycott" line...you are supporting open discrimination and bigotry in the marketplace. Sorry, but we as a society have a right to say Nope.
    All government force is backed by its guns. You should know this.

    And more drama queen dishonest arguments. It's ironic considering how you bitched about it earlier. But whatever. I would not support open discrimination. I would consume in a manner to discourage it in fact. I'm just not going to bring the guns of government to bear against the Individual. Sorry that you don't like choice and freedom and responsible consumerism, but it's more proper than government force against the rights and liberties of the individual.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #1313
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,734

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    A business license is a tax, nothing more. Paying a tax does not indenture one as servant to the state. Free people buy from the stores they alone choose. rty.
    A business license is a means to track and oversee businesses in the interests of the business community, the public, and the state. The "tax" pays for the administration of oversite of things like anti-discrimination and labor laws, zoning, OSHA and other public health and safety regulations, inspections for such, protections for consumers, protections for businesses from other illegal business practices by competitors, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #1314
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    The irony in all of this is the the bigoted baker invokes the name of JESUS....to do one of the most un-Christlike things that he could do. It really demonstrates that disconnect that a large chunk of so-called "Christians" have with the man they profess to worship.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #1315
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    All government force is backed by its guns. You should know this.

    And more drama queen dishonest arguments. It's ironic considering how you bitched about it earlier. But whatever. I would not support open discrimination. I would consume in a manner to discourage it in fact. I'm just not going to bring the guns of government to bear against the Individual. Sorry that you don't like choice and freedom and responsible consumerism, but it's more proper than government force against the rights and liberties of the individual.
    Oh really? Wow...that is sounding like some "Branch Dividian" paranoia there......
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #1316
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh really? Wow...that is sounding like some "Branch Dividian" paranoia there......
    So just insult is all you have left? Thought so.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #1317
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)That's exactly what this thread is about.
    2.)Quit being dishonest.
    3.) A couple wanted a cake, a business said no
    4.), so they got government to force the business.
    5.) It's about cake in this case
    6.) and you have nothing else to deflect to.
    7.) So either continue with dishonest argument, or try to evolve a proper argument.
    1.) 100% false its about illegal discrimaintion
    2.) yes you should
    3.) yes a couple wanted a cake and then a criminal broke the law and illegally discriminated against them violating their rights
    4.) 100% false no the reported a crime and the judge order the owenr to cease and desist from breaking the law
    5.) already proven 100% false
    6.) ZERO deflection just facts that deafeat your post
    7.) no argument is needed facts and honest destoryed your post already

    fact remains never claimed anybody had a right to cake and if you disagree simply provve your lie and and qoute me saying it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1318
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So just insult is all you have left? Thought so.
    Nope....just pointing out that this whole "The Government is coming after us with their guns" talk is a little bit of paranoia.....thats all.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #1319
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) 100% false its about illegal discrimaintion
    2.) yes you should
    3.) yes a couple wanted a cake and then a criminal broke the law and illegally discriminated against them violating their rights
    4.) 100% false no the reported a crime and the judge order the owenr to cease and desist from breaking the law
    5.) already proven 100% false
    6.) ZERO deflection just facts that deafeat your post
    7.) no argument is needed facts and honest destoryed your post already

    fact remains never claimed anybody had a right to cake and if you disagree simply provve your lie and and qoute me saying it
    It's about someone wanting somebody else's cake and not getting it. That's it. You have no honest argument left here.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #1320
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    Ex Post Facto is a legal term, it means "after the fact." In law, this means that you cannot declare an act illegal after the fact. IF a person opens a bakery in 1995 and complies with the laws, a change in 2013 has no retroactive authority.
    Just because a business opened in 1995 does not mean that the only laws which apply when evaluating the legality of its operation in 2013 are those which existed in 1995. The act in question occurred in 2012; four years after the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act was amended to include sexual orientation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    First off, I am one whom Obama hates, I cling to the constitution. (I would say god, guns, and the constitution, but as an agnostic it doesn't work) I realize that is Passe in our brave new progressive, authoritarian world. We have a Dear Leader, that old Constitution is so last century... But I do hold to liberty - thus it is no more your right to force a baker to work for someone he doesn't want to work for, than it is my right to force you to shop at Walmart.
    If you cling to the Constitution then you should recognize both the authority and obligation of the State to uphold the Fourteenth Amendment by creating and enforcing anti-discrimination law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    Oh, do tell - which LAWS did the baker break?
    The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    A business license is a tax, nothing more. Paying a tax does not indenture one as servant to the state.
    A business license is a contract with the State.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •