Page 130 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1291
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Noooo, that would be pure hyperbole.
    Incorrect. Individual private employers are localized entities that can be easily avoided. Government is aggregated effect and cannot.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #1292
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    It drives me crazy that people go into a profession knowing what is ethically, professionally, and/or legally obligated of them then make a bunch of noise when they're punished for not meeting those obligations.
    Ex Post Facto is a legal term, it means "after the fact."

    In law, this means that you cannot declare an act illegal after the fact. IF a person opens a bakery in 1995 and complies with the laws, a change in 2013 has no retroactive authority.

    First off, I am one whom Obama hates, I cling to the constitution. (I would say god, guns, and the constitution, but as an agnostic it doesn't work) I realize that is Passe in our brave new progressive, authoritarian world. We have a Dear Leader, that old Constitution is so last century... But I do hold to liberty - thus it is no more your right to force a baker to work for someone he doesn't want to work for, than it is my right to force you to shop at Walmart.

    Just because you're punished for breaking laws you agreed to abide by in your acquisition and retainment
    Oh, do tell - which LAWS did the baker break? When was he arrested? What were the terms of his indictment? Will he face the gulag?

    of a business license does not mean you are being persecuted or, as you imply, enslaved. If you object to the legal requirements associated with owning and operating a business which offers public services then don't become a business owner, at the very least, take your lumps silently or become a non-profit.
    A business license is a tax, nothing more. Paying a tax does not indenture one as servant to the state. Free people buy from the stores they alone choose. Perhaps you dream of a world where a federal judge will decide who you buy your shoes from, or your tofu.

    I, do not.

    Freedom to buy, and to sell, without a feudal lord dictating the terms of the trade is one of the foundational planks of liberty.
    Last edited by Uncensored2008; 12-10-13 at 07:53 PM.

  3. #1293
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Anti-discrimination laws are HARDLY utter subjugation and oppression. That is drama queen talk.
    yep its a strawman that most simply dont buy
    they are laws that do exactly what the government is supposed to do, protect rights.

    Some arent interested in the government protecting rights they would just rather empower illegal discrimination, unequal treatment and or bigotry.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #1294
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yep its a strawman that most simply dont buy
    they are laws that do exactly what the government is supposed to do, protect rights.

    Some arent interested in the government protecting rights they would just rather empower illegal discrimination, unequal treatment and or bigotry.
    What rights? Your right to someone else's cake?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #1295
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    If it's private business, then White Only could be something an idiot tries to institute. I'd expect people to have the intelligence and dignity to stand against it. Public, government, absolutely cannot discriminate.
    So Blacks should have to sit up in the balcony of a theater so that the more "Superior" whites don't get the black on them. Wow....I'm glad the overwhelming majority of the people of this country have moved past that mentality.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #1296
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Incorrect. Individual private employers are localized entities that can be easily avoided. Government is aggregated effect and cannot.
    So who is more likely to pollute my ground water, a local business or the government? Oh wait, the government is the one protecting me from that...

    There is a reason why libertarian theory always fails...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #1297
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    So Blacks should have to sit up in the balcony of a theater so that the more "Superior" whites don't get the black on them. Wow....I'm glad the overwhelming majority of the people of this country have moved past that mentality.
    They should not have to. If it's a private theater that has such policy, you can assemble, you can protest, you can boycott, you can raise awareness, you can NOT PURCHASE THEIR GOODS. Money is what makes everything go around, and you can effect change in local business by affecting their bottom line.

    Quit being a drama queen. You want to accuse people of it, but you are very liberal in its use. Try to be honest in your arguments just once please.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #1298
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So who is more likely to pollute my ground water, a local business or the government? Oh wait, the government is the one protecting me from that...

    There is a reason why libertarian theory always fails...
    Government actually, they're one of the biggest polluters.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #1299
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    Ex Post Facto is a legal term, it means "after the fact."

    In law, this means that you cannot declare an act illegal after the fact. IF a person opens a bakery in 1995 and complies with the laws, a change in 2013 has no retroactive authority.

    First off, I am one whom Obama hates, I cling to the constitution. (I would say god, guns, and the constitution, but as an agnostic it doesn't work) I realize that is Passe in our brave new progressive, authoritarian world. We have a Dear Leader, that old Constitution is so last century... But I do hold to liberty - thus it is no more your right to force a baker to work for someone he doesn't want to work for, than it is my right to force you to shop at Walmart.



    Oh, do tell - which LAWS did the baker break? When was he arrested? What were the terms of his indictment? Will he face the gulag?

    [quote[of a business license does not mean you are being persecuted or, as you imply, enslaved. If you object to the legal requirements associated with owning and operating a business which offers public services then don't become a business owner, at the very least, take your lumps silently or become a non-profit.
    A business license is a tax, nothing more. Paying a tax does not indenture one as servant to the state. Free people buy from the stores they alone choose. Perhaps you dream of a world where a federal judge will decide who you buy your shoes from, or your tofu.

    I, do not.

    Freedom to buy, and to sell, without a feudal lord dictating the terms of the trade is one of the foundational planks of liberty.[/QUOTE]

    wow what a complete wasted rant full of nothing but dishonesty, lies, fallacies and hyperbolic biased rhetoric and babble.

    do you have ONE fact that proves the baker did NOT break the law, did NOT commit crimes and did NOT illegal discriminate? . . . . one?


    facts defeat your post again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #1300
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No one is forcing them to work against their will.
    Don't be stupid.

    The baker doesn't want to bake a cake.

    A federal judge orders him to.

    That is force - the implication that men with guns will be used if he fails to obey the judge.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •