Page 128 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1271
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    So ridiculous....doesn't even merit a response....carry on.
    It's fundamentally what you are doing. It's not quite akin due to some amount of compensation, so it's more like serfdom. But you are looking to force people to labor against their will through the use of government force against the individual. You should at least be cognisant of what you advocate.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #1272
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope never made that claim one time, sorry posting a lie wont make it true. If you disagree simply quote me saying the lie you just made up

    your strawman completely fails and gets destroyed by facts again
    Again, you are supporting a federal judge compelling a bakery owner to labor against his will - why should you not be likewise compelled?

    We will either have a free society, or we will not. IF we are free, then who we chose to do business with, sell to, or buy from, is our own business.

  3. #1273
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's fundamentally what you are doing. It's not quite akin due to some amount of compensation, so it's more like serfdom. But you are looking to force people to labor against their will through the use of government force against the individual. You should at least be cognisant of what you advocate.
    No one is forcing them to work against their will. They already offer the service, they just don't want to do it for someone they think is "icky". Sorry...just like the bigot restauranteurs.....you have to comply with anti-discrimination laws if you want to do business. They knew the rules....they just chose not to follow them. We can't pick and choose which laws we want to follow and then hide behind our religion on the ones we don't like. It doesn't work that way.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #1274
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    We'll put this down as you have no rational response.
    translation: you still have no facts to back up any of the fallacies and and failed strawman you posted.
    Thats what i thought. Facts defeat your post again
    When you have any facts supporting your false claims please post them
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1275
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That''s not necessarily true. I suspect that there are enough bigots around that would patronize the company, just look at Chik-fil-A. The bottom line is, we as a society have a right to say that we don't want bigoted businesses in our communities. You either follow the law or you don't open a business. Simple as that.
    OK. So every one in awhile a dumb company survives. It won't on the whole, and there are many options to still choose from. You do not have right to other people's property or labor. You use guns against free exercise and choice, that is just the facts.

    This is supposed to be a free country, and you want to turn it into an internment camp. PC police at every corner making sure people don't think bad things. In free society you will get some people who are jerks and some who are dumb and some who are racist and perhaps out of those some may make businesses. It's just a consequence of freedom. Nowhere does it say you have to try to frequent those businesses. Nowhere does it say you cannot assemble and protest and boycott. But you just want to use guns and force against free exercise of right, you demand the use of other people's labor and demand service from everyone. Pathetic.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #1276
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No one is forcing them to work against their will. They already offer the service, they just don't want to do it for someone they think is "icky". Sorry...just like the bigot restauranteurs.....you have to comply with anti-discrimination laws if you want to do business. They knew the rules....they just chose not to follow them. We can't pick and choose which laws we want to follow and then hide behind our religion on the ones we don't like. It doesn't work that way.
    Yes you are. Their business, their property, they pay the bills and they sweat for the goods.

    Why can't someone go down the street to a business that isn't so backwards? It's not that god damned tough.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #1277
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    OK. So every one in awhile a dumb company survives. It won't on the whole, and there are many options to still choose from. You do not have right to other people's property or labor. You use guns against free exercise and choice, that is just the facts.

    This is supposed to be a free country, and you want to turn it into an internment camp. PC police at every corner making sure people don't think bad things. In free society you will get some people who are jerks and some who are dumb and some who are racist and perhaps out of those some may make businesses. It's just a consequence of freedom. Nowhere does it say you have to try to frequent those businesses. Nowhere does it say you cannot assemble and protest and boycott. But you just want to use guns and force against free exercise of right, you demand the use of other people's labor and demand service from everyone. Pathetic.
    We have laws and rules in a civilized society. It would be utter chaos if there were no law and people could decide to do whatever they wanted....sorry, but that is not the nature of our society.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #1278
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's fundamentally what you are doing. It's not quite akin due to some amount of compensation, so it's more like serfdom. But you are looking to force people to labor against their will through the use of government force against the individual. You should at least be cognisant of what you advocate.
    So it is kinda like mandatory overtime at work?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #1279
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    1.)Again, you are supporting a federal judge compelling a bakery owner to labor against his will - why should you not be likewise compelled?

    2.) We will either have a free society, or we will not. IF we are free, then who we chose to do business with, sell to, or buy from, is our own business.

    translation: you cant back up the lie you posted, i asked you to and you completely dodged it
    1.) sorry nobody honest, educated on this topic and objective buys this lie, you have no facts to support and this fallacy fails every time you post it
    2.) government protects our rights and freedoms an the owner tried to infringe on them and lost, this is what happens when criminals break the law

    When you have any facts supporting your false claims please post them
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #1280
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    We have laws and rules in a civilized society. It would be utter chaos if there were no law and people could decide to do whatever they wanted....sorry, but that is not the nature of our society.
    We have limited government in a free society. It would be utter subjugation and oppression if there is nothing but law without question. Sorry, but that is not the nature of our society.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •