Page 126 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1251
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What about the discrimination against the man who didn't want to bake the cake because of his religious beliefs? Is his rights lesser than others? Should he be forced to bake a cake because someone demands it?

    Again, you drift away to other areas which have nothing to do with this case. Focus, Man, Focus!!
    How is that discrimination? Was it "discrimination" to require that bigoted restaurant owners serve black customers? No. Is it discrimination to require a baker to serve gay patrons? No. It is a lot of things, but there is no discrimination there...unless some were allowed to discriminate against black/gay patrons while others were forced to serve them...THAT would be discrimination. Simply requiring them to comply with the law is not discrimination.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #1252
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1) freedom and rights and equality were actually protected thanks to this rulling
    "Protected" by imposing involuntary servitude on an unwilling participant.

    Because a person has a want, you and the activist court demand that empowers that person to force another to labor on their behalf, against their will.

    We used to term this "slavery." But then, it was you democrats promoting that, as well.

    2.) this strawman complete fails and facts destroy it since the owner is still 100% free to have his beliefs
    He is "free" to obey?

    Dayum..

    3.) this strawman complete fails and facts destroy it since the owner has the same rights has ALL OF US and just like us he isnt allowed to break the law and infringe on the rights of others
    This "owner" is compelled to labor against his will. If that is the same "rights" as all of us, we need to take up arms.

    4.) go for it it will help us who respect laws and rights identify you
    You clearly have contempt for the constitution. And Obama has already identified his enemies list, sicking the IRS and DOD on them.

  3. #1253
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    All that's necessary is to call someone a bigot and then shout them down. No debate necessary.

    No wonder Obama raised the age of children to be 26 years old. America is in danger of becoming a nation of shouting, whining adolescents. Instead of shouting, why not try holding your breath until you get your way?

    The flip side of your argument is that everyone would have the same smarts as you.
    The only ones "Whining" and "Crying" here are the bigoted baker and his supporters. Everyone else understands that you have to follow the laws in this country and that discrimination is unlawful. Just because you stomp your feets and say "I don't wanna...I don't wanna....I don't wanna"...doesn't change the law.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #1254
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope not at all but thanks for supplying yet another complete failed and false strawman
    You claim that others have a 'right" to force a bakery owner to labor against his will - IF that is true, I have the right to force you to labor against your will.

    {

    Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

    Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.[1]

    }

  5. #1255
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    Yea!

    We are done with freedom once and for all.

    Anyone who thinks they are free to hold their own beliefs rather than obey federal masters has been taught a lesson.

    If you "own" a bakery, you still have no rights, because YOU are owned by your overlords.

    It's time to start shooting you motherf&*$ers - seriously.
    LOL....you guys are such drama queens. You would think that you never had to follow a law in your life. Anti-discrimination laws do not take away your freedom to hold your own beliefs. You remain free to me a bigot or not. What you are NOT free to do however is use your religion as a shield to try to avoid complying with the law. That doesn't take away any of your right to believe whatever you want.
    If you own a bakery, you have the same rights as every other bakery owner in this country. If you don't want to serve cookies, don't make them. If you don't want to serve croissants, don't make them....but you can't say we only serve brownies to white people or we don't sell pie to women...or we don't sell cakes to gays. You open your doors to the public, you have to comply with the laws of this country. Don't like it? Don't open a business. Simple as that.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #1256
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    You claim that others have a 'right" to force a bakery owner to labor against his will - IF that is true, I have the right to force you to labor against your will.

    {

    Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

    Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.[1]

    }
    LOL....now the desperation is climbing exponentially. Now requiring the bigots to comply with the law is slavery? Wow.....that is just absolutely ridiculous to the highest degree.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #1257
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    1.)"Protected" by imposing involuntary servitude on an unwilling participant.
    2.) Because a person has a want, you and the activist court demand that empowers that person to force another to labor on their behalf, against their will.
    3.) We used to term this "slavery." But then, it was you democrats promoting that, as well.
    4.) He is "free" to obey?
    5.)Dayum..
    6.) This "owner" is compelled to labor against his will. If that is the same "rights" as all of us, we need to take up arms.
    7.) You clearly have contempt for the constitution.
    8.) And Obama has already identified his enemies list, sicking the IRS and DOD on them.
    1.) nice opinion but this strawman complete fails and facts destroy it since thats not what happened at all
    2.) See #2
    3.) See #2 and not a democrat
    4.) so when one argument complete fails and gets destroyed by facts you simply make up another? got it. He is free to have his beliefs and he is free not to break the law, make himself a criminal and infringe on the rights of others. He chooses to obey or disobey anythign he wants another strawman that fails
    5.) yep facts are tough to beat as you just found out
    6.) nice opinion but this strawman complete fails and facts destroy it since he is not, but please feel free to make up more fantasy
    7.) the constitution is what worked here, read the ruling its you that doesnt like it
    8.) nice random meaningless rant to you have anything on topic and that can be supported by facts?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1258
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    1.)You claim that others have a 'right" to force a bakery owner to labor against his will - IF that is true, I have the right to force you to labor against your will.

    {

    Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

    Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.[1]

    }
    nope never made that claim one time, sorry posting a lie wont make it true. If you disagree simply quote me saying the lie you just made up

    your strawman completely fails and gets destroyed by facts again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #1259
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    You claim that others have a 'right" to force a bakery owner to labor against his will - IF that is true, I have the right to force you to labor against your will.
    It drives me crazy that people go into a profession knowing what is ethically, professionally, and/or legally obligated of them then make a bunch of noise when they're punished for not meeting those obligations. Just because you're punished for breaking laws you agreed to abide by in your acquisition and retainment of a business license does not mean you are being persecuted or, as you imply, enslaved. If you object to the legal requirements associated with owning and operating a business which offers public services then don't become a business owner, at the very least, take your lumps silently or become a non-profit.

  10. #1260
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Now you wanna play obtuse? The discrimination is in the business owner refusing to serve people that they find "icky". Why do you continue to support bigoted white restaurant owners who refuse to serve blacks or bigoted bakers who refuse to serve gays? Why should the blacks or the gay have to go down the street to another restaurant or drinking fountain or bakery simply because some bigot wants to claim "religion" as a shield to follow the law? Bigotry in the name of religion is still bigotry.
    It's a cake, it's not like it's medical care or voting. Cake. Someone else owns it, another wants it. But the person who owns it can sell it to whomever they wish.

    This presumption of ownership over private property and labor is a bit disturbing. People thinking everyone else around them OWES them service.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •