Page 115 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1141
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,731

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    And because of your efforts to redefine marriage you will also have to deal with the consequences it will bring.
    What consequences are on their way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #1142
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,437

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It is not equivalent to slavery.

    Slavery was ended well before the black civil rights movement. That was not about slavery AT ALL. It was about how black people were treated in American society. They had separate laws....were treated like 2nd class citizens, they were not served in the same businesses or in the same manner as white Americans. They were discriminated against based on their race.

    As shown by the OP, this is now a very similar issue to that which gays are fighting. They are being discriminated against because of their sexual orientation.

    You may disagree that sexual orientation isnt deserving of being a protected class but there is no way to avoid the FACT that it is indeed a civil rights issue.

    Edit: Blacks werent owed their civil rights because of slavery. They deserved their civil rights because they deserved to be treated EQUALLY.
    That would be Southern society.

    Blacks did not have separate anything In California or New York.

    Did you not know this?

  3. #1143
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What consequences are on their way?
    Well look at what happened to Massachusetts being swallowed up by that giant sea monster!

  4. #1144
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    This whole thing stinks because those gays who are demanding rights are willing to trample the rights of others just to make an f-ing statement to force their relationships down the throats of those who morally find them wrong. Can you feel the f-ing love?????
    You talk a lot about choice. How about the choice of the baker who has a Colorado business license. Why not move to another state where they can discriminate at their leisure? It works both ways.

    If the roles had been reversed and it was a Christian couple who was denied a cake by a gay business owner because he was compelled to dislike the Christian religion and on his principles he could not make them a cake and they sued him and won, then I imagine you would be praising the decision as a triumph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #1145
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,437

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Behold the kind of terrible consequences that vesper is warning us about!

    Attachment 67157951

    Oh! Whatever shall we do!!!
    Really?

    Which one had those babies?

  6. #1146
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,437

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    BINGO!

    as a christian myself, if i thought the actions of him reflected on me id be embarrassed but i know better

    next time that bigot will know better and not commit a crime
    You are absolutely right.

    He will know what to do and not do next time, but I bet the price of the cakes have gone way up, and I mean way up.

  7. #1147
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,731

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I did not compare homosexuality to pedophilla. I stated different types of sexual relations outside the traditional definition of marriage and how they will eventually be challenged using the same basis as "discrimination" as gays have used. You are the one that went bonkers and misrepresented my words.
    The distinction between those "relationships" was clearly describe for you by more than one person and it's incredibly sad that they had to.

    Gay relationships are consensual between 2 adults (performing the same acts that many straight couples do, whether you like to think that or not) and affect no one anymore than straight relationships do. Pedophilia and incest with minors is sexual and mental abuse of minors who cannot consent and may be damaged for life.

    Do you not see how that is offensive? It's not nearly "the same basis" and they will not 'gain' protected class status for their abuse of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #1148
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    1.)You are absolutely right.

    2.) He will know what to do and not do next time, but I bet the price of the cakes have gone way up, and I mean way up.

    1.) i know
    2.)as long as this criminal stops breaking the law he'll have nothing to worry
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #1149
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    That would be Southern society.

    Blacks did not have separate anything In California or New York.

    Did you not know this?

    Banks and realtors practiced red lining in NY, a orm of segregation.

  10. #1150
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Really?

    Which one had those babies?
    Do you ask every adoptive family which one had the babies? Seems like that would be rather tactless and pointless.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 12-10-13 at 02:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •