Page 111 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1101
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    People of faith die everyday throughout the world for their beliefs, stick a sock in it.
    doesnt change the fact that your statements haven been proven factually wrong
    doesnt change the fact that this is an equal/civil/human rights issue
    doesnt change the fact the owners religious rights are completely 100% in tact

    when you have an facts that support your already factually proven wrong statements please let us know.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1102
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    To be bigoted over sexual orientation is not a constitutional offense. Sorry.....
    You are just plain and simply wrong. More and more courts every day are saying otherwise. You can continue to cling to the last vestiges of bigotry, but you are fighting a losing battle.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #1103
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You are so disengenous that I can't find the words to accurately describe you. You have taken my words out of context proving you have such a weak argument that was the only way you could counter. Disgusting.
    do you have anything on topic CT is not the topic.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #1104
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,128

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You are so disengenous that I can't find the words to accurately describe you. You have taken my words out of context proving you have such a weak argument that was the only way you could counter. Disgusting.
    Look, you compared same sex marriage to pedophile marriages. You defended that by bringing up an old gay activist who was apparently a pedophile. You seem to feel strongly that gays and pedophiles are in cahoots and that allowing gays to marry will lead to pedophiles marrying kids. Why not just admit what you clearly believe?

    And might I point out, you still have not simply stated, "I do not think homosexuality is comparable to pedophilia."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #1105
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Not being sold cake for religious reasons is the equivalent of slavery as well? Leftists are obviously doing the struggle, and deaths, for Black Liberation a great disservice but obviously are not intelligent enough to recognize it.
    It is not equivalent to slavery.

    Slavery was ended well before the black civil rights movement. That was not about slavery AT ALL. It was about how black people were treated in American society. They had separate laws....were treated like 2nd class citizens, they were not served in the same businesses or in the same manner as white Americans. They were discriminated against based on their race.

    As shown by the OP, this is now a very similar issue to that which gays are fighting. They are being discriminated against because of their sexual orientation.

    You may disagree that sexual orientation isnt deserving of being a protected class but there is no way to avoid the FACT that it is indeed a civil rights issue.

    Edit: Blacks werent owed their civil rights because of slavery. They deserved their civil rights because they deserved to be treated EQUALLY.
    Last edited by Lursa; 12-10-13 at 02:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #1106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Only in 21 states. Cheers!
    Compare that to 30 years ago and you'll realize why YOUR side is losing the debate on being able to discriminate against gays. History is not on your side, you'll have to deal with it!

    It is indeed cause to celebrate the fact the anti gay crowd loses ground each and every year.

  7. #1107
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,890

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    doesnt change the fact that your statements haven been proven factually wrong
    doesnt change the fact that this is an equal/civil/human rights issue
    doesnt change the fact the owners religious rights are completely 100% in tact

    when you have an facts that support your already factually proven wrong statements please let us know.
    Baloney Gospel according to Agent J.

  8. #1108
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,890

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Compare that to 30 years ago and you'll realize why YOUR side is losing the debate on being able to discriminate against gays. History is not on your side, you'll have to deal with it!
    And because of your efforts to redefine marriage you will also have to deal with the consequences it will bring.

  9. #1109
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    The bottom line is that this entire debate could have been avoided completely had the bigoted Baker simply tried to lead a more "Christ-like" life. Instead like most "Christians" these days, he feels the need to stand on the corner and proclaim his religion...when it is clear that he knows very little about the man he professes to follow.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #1110
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    And because of your efforts to redefine marriage you will also have to deal with the consequences it will bring.
    What consequences were brought when marriage was "redefined" to allow inter-racial marriage?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •