Page 11 of 173 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #101
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Yep, because Jesus has a long history of denying people baked goods. Oh...wait.
    Nor did he have a history of excusing, justifying, or tolerating sin. And you know...its funny...but when people that typically vilify religious belief then begin to cite religious figures to attempt to prove their point, they invariably leave off that 'other' part.

  2. #102
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    1.)My understanding of this case is that the baker offered to make the couple any other kind of cake that they wanted but refused to do a wedding cake because he considers marriage to be a matter of religion.
    2.) It isn't homosexuals that he's refusing service to, it's ceremonies that violate his religious beliefs.
    3.)From what I understand he also refuses to make Halloween themed items for the same reason.
    1.) which is factually wrong and on what opinion was he relying on to come to the decision that their marriage isnt religious?
    2.) nobody honest believes this including the judge, it was in fact the homosexuals and what violates his religious beliefs? not weddings
    3.) him being an idiot isnt a defense and not doing Halloween isnt illegal discrimination

    also if true what about the cake for dog weddings? though i dont know if its true


    but the bottom line is all in the question in #1

    what opinion was he relying on to come to the decision that their marriage isnt religious?

    it was sexual orientation discrimination as the judge determined and thats what the precedence was on. We cant just make things up, so i will ask a third time


    1.) what does an obscene cake have to do with illegal discrimination and or violation of equal rights?
    2.) also what does swastikas have to do with illegal discrimination and or violation of equal rights?

    there is no legal precedence between the things mentioned above and illegal discrimination and or equal rights.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 12-07-13 at 03:11 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #103
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Nor did he have a history of excusing, justifying, or tolerating sin. And you know...its funny...but when people that typically vilify religious belief then begin to cite religious figures to attempt to prove their point, they invariably leave off that 'other' part.
    Well since we are in the realm of personal, subjective interpretation of what Jesus would or would not condone, I am going to argue that Jesus actually affirmed a gay couple in the story of the Roman centurion. And since faith works by just believing, I am going to state you are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #104
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    blah blah blah .... good bye...

    Your next post = translation: you have no arguments, you cannot counter... fail

    So banal, so predictable...

    NO. The real translation is that you have such inane and unsupported opinions that I basically cannot muster the interest, any interest, to even continue.
    Called it, you got nothing, thats what i thought

    Facts, laws, rights, court cases and court precedence all prove you wrong, remind us what do you have supporting you?

    facts destroy your post AGAIN

    again when you are ready to be civil and support your failed posts with facts we will be here
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #105
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    My understanding of this case is that the baker offered to make the couple any other kind of cake that they wanted but refused to do a wedding cake because he considers marriage to be a matter of religion. It isn't homosexuals that he's refusing service to, it's ceremonies that violate his religious beliefs. From what I understand he also refuses to make Halloween themed items for the same reason.
    He's wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #106
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    He's wrong.
    He would disagree.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  7. #107
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Called it, you got nothing, thats what i thought

    Facts, laws, rights, court cases and court precedence all prove you wrong, remind us what do you have supporting you?

    facts destroy your post AGAIN

    again when you are ready to be civil and support your failed posts with facts we will be here
    blah blah blah...
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  8. #108
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Well since we are in the realm of personal, subjective interpretation of what Jesus would or would not condone, I am going to argue that Jesus actually affirmed a gay couple in the story of the Roman centurion. And since faith works by just believing, I am going to state you are wrong.
    Hey...as long as you can cull through the literature to find something...ANYTHING to justify your personal choices...more power to you.

    I think religion is the wrong argument here (and why I wasnt the one to bring it up). I would no more force the baker to sell to a gay couple than I would force a gay bar owner to serve obnoxious rednecks that were verbally denigrating gays. But if you (you in this case being DD et al) ARE going to bring it up in the argument...well...you kinda have to live with ALL the rhetoric...not just the pieces you like to pick and choose that make you feel all better about yourself. And when we talk about a Christlike life...true enough...he would not expect individuals to pronounce "judgement" (God has already done that if you are inclined to believe in the Bible) but he also did not say "go forth, and hey...just ignore that whole sin thing...do whatever you want."

  9. #109
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    blah blah blah...
    Facts, laws, rights, court cases and court precedence all prove you wrong, remind us what do you have supporting you?

    again when you are ready to be civil and support your failed posts with facts we will be here, your post loses again.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #110
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,640

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) which is factually wrong and on what opinion was he relying on to come to the decision that their marriage isnt religious?
    2.) nobody honest believes this including the judge, it was in fact the homosexuals and what violates his religious beliefs? not weddings
    3.) him being an idiot isnt a defense and not doing Halloween isnt illegal discrimination

    also if true what about the cake for dog weddings? though i dont know if its true


    but the bottom line is all in the question in #1

    what opinion was he relying on to come to the decision that their marriage isnt religious?

    it was sexual orientation discrimination as the judge determined and thats what the precedence was on. We cant just make things up, so i will ask a third time


    1.) what does an obscene cake have to do with illegal discrimination and or violation of equal rights?
    2.) also what does swastikas have to do with illegal discrimination and or violation of equal rights?

    there is no legal precedence between the things mentioned above and illegal discrimination and or equal rights.
    The only facts of the case I've seen are in various articles and some of those articles have said that he did, in fact, offer to make them any other kind of cake. If you have information showing that's not part of the facts I'd like to see it.

    As far as the obscene cakes...what I was getting at is that rulings like this set a precedent for other things to be considered "discrimination". As far as "equal rights", well, if I can legally be discriminated against because I'm not a member of a "protected class" then that isn't very "equal", is it?

Page 11 of 173 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •