Page 109 of 173 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1081
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    1.)What I do find appalling is those who are gay and those who support them will violate the rights of others because of their moral conscience will haul them into court and sue them because they refused to bake them a damn wedding cake when there are several bakeries in the area that would have obliged them.

    2.)This whole thing stinks because those gays who are demanding rights are willing to trample the rights of others just to make an f-ing statement to force their relationships down the throats of those who morally find them wrong. Can you feel the f-ing love?????
    1.) factually never happened so no need to be appalled, if you disagree please post any FACTS that support this lie
    2.) see #1

    destroying these lies is funny
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1082
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,971

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    WTF does this have to do with someone's constitutional rights? I don't give a damn what gay people do in their bedroom, or how they are attracted to one another. What I do find appalling is those who are gay and those who support them will violate the rights of others because of their moral conscience will haul them into court and sue them because they refused to bake them a damn wedding cake when there are several bakeries in the area that would have obliged them. This whole thing stinks because those gays who are demanding rights are willing to trample the rights of others just to make an f-ing statement to force their relationships down the throats of those who morally find them wrong. Can you feel the f-ing love?????
    Great question. Begs the question...why do people want to discriminate against them?

    Do you make moral judgements against blacks for being black? Against Jews for being Jews? How can they be who they are and NOT offend people like you?

    If they werent being discriminated against or in need of those protections, *this thread wouldnt exist*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #1083
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    I explained the reason as well. Because you arent entitled to other peoples businesses or property and nobody is forced to patronize a business. You have nothing to say contrary other than "big daddy govt doesnt think so, and big daddy is right".
    And I explained it as you are not entitled to discriminate against people. You have nothing to say contrary other than "You cannot force me to not discriminate".

    Guess what. Let's do a simple scenario to prove who is right. You open a "White only" business and find out what happens. simple enough. Truth to the test of what's allowed and what isn't.

    We also have speeding laws, parking laws, etx. Go ahead and FIGHT THE POWER, see what happens son. Best of luck to you, I'll stick to reality.

  4. #1084
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What harm was caused to these two men who didn't get their wedding cake from the baker? Are we talking hurt feelings here?
    What harm is caused to blacks who didn't get to eat at the "whites only" lunch counter? Are we talking hurt feelings here? Why is it ok with you for bigots to refuse service to people just because they think they are "icky"?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #1085
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,971

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Here is where you are not getting it. Colorado law treats sexual orientation the same as race.
    He knows. He's been told on multiple pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #1086
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,902

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Why do you think it is ok for a white business owner to refuse to serve blacks because their religion tells them that blacks are "icky". Why should they have to move down the street to have a friggin lunch and not find the need to stand up to the bigoted owner who wouldn't serve them because of moral conscience?
    Gays have never been counted as 3/5ths of a person as Blacks once were. To compare the two is absolutely ridiculous.

  7. #1087
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    WTF does this have to do with someone's constitutional rights? I don't give a damn what gay people do in their bedroom, or how they are attracted to one another. What I do find appalling is those who are gay and those who support them will violate the rights of others because of their moral conscience will haul them into court and sue them because they refused to bake them a damn wedding cake when there are several bakeries in the area that would have obliged them. This whole thing stinks because those gays who are demanding rights are willing to trample the rights of others just to make an f-ing statement to force their relationships down the throats of those who morally find them wrong. Can you feel the f-ing love?????
    Why do you find it "appalling" that those who are black and those who support them will violate the rights of others because of their moral conscience will haul them into court and sue them because they refused to serve them at their "White only" lunch counters...when there are several lunch counters in that area that would have obliged them. Why do you think that this whole thing stinks because blacks who are demanding rights are willing to trample the rights of others just to make a f-ing statement to force their race down the throats of those who morally find them disgusting.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #1088
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Gays have never been counted as 3/5ths of a person as Blacks once were. To compare the two is absolutely ridiculous.
    So you're ok with discrimination against gays, but not blacks? I thought you said you were for owners having the right to discriminate against ANYONE? Why the back peddling?

  9. #1089
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    That is all very nice, except that gender preference has not been the same level of protected class as race, color, creed, sex or national origin. In fact, sexual preference is an all-together separate phenomenon as its the only one of those that is explicitly carved out by the Bible, which given our Judeo-Christian heritage, is significant.
    On this point I must agree with you, but the new view of the constitution makes that optional. You see, the new view is that the 14th amendment does whatever a judge wants it to do. Never mind that it makes the 15th and 19th (maybe even the 24th) amendments totally unnecessary. The new way of looking at the constitution is having carefully selected judges finding it to mean what it really should have said; constitutional amendment is now done by SCOTUS (re?)interpretation and precedent, not that nonsense actually defined as the constitutional amendment process.
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 12-10-13 at 01:31 AM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #1090
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,971

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Not being sold cake for religious reasons is the equivalent of slavery as well? Leftists are obviously doing the struggle, and deaths, for Black Liberation a great disservice but obviously are not intelligent enough to recognize it.
    We covered this many many pages back too...and you never responded to this:

    Was it an insult to blacks that women fought for their civil rights? DId they compare their struggles to women?

    It's not about the past wrongs. Blacks that never suffered in slavery gain the same rights...it's about doing the right thing, treating people EQUALLY in the present and future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •