Page 104 of 173 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1031
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Listen, it is not an interracial couple, it is not a man with his dog, it is not any of these things being brought up. It is two gay men asking for a wedding cake and the owner declined because he said his religion precluded him from getting involved in Gay marriage. So they should simply respect that and go elsewhere. Thankfully, not all Gays are this petty.

    So in your realm of thinking....blacks should have "respected" the bigoted white restaurant owners "right" not to serve them. It was "petty" for them to stand up against discrimination. They simply should have moved on to the next lunch counter or drinking fountain.

    Wow...I'm glad most people in this country have moved beyond this way of thinking.....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #1032
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Being full of **** and not being able to discern the consequences of laws passed is truly devastating for the rest of us. Because you were so willing to open the door, over emotion or some political correct thinking, you have paved the way for just about anything to be seen as a discrimination in regard to business owners and how they treat their customers. If a business owner denies a gay couple a friggin wedding cake on moral conscience, then the asshole that wants a erected penis on his cake has the same rights to file discrimination against anyone who does not want to provide him/her with what they want. Period.
    NO they do not and the distinction has been pointed out to you more than once here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #1033
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again I'm not comparing slavery I'm comparing the discrimination. The causes are different but he discrimination is relatable whether you like it or not.you are just like those that were against interracial marriage. Both are archaic.
    Huh? I'm now against interracial marriage? Leftists have the attention span of a gnat.

  4. #1034
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So since you are for discrimination you must be for gun free zones right?
    I support the rights of private businesses. If a business wants to be a gun free zone, thats fine. I just wont spend my money there. I dont see whats so hard about that. And im not "for discrimination", im just not for the idea that you are entitled to another persons property

  5. #1035
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Listen, it is not an interracial couple, it is not a man with his dog, it is not any of these things being brought up. It is two gay men asking for a wedding cake and the owner declined because he said his religion precluded him from getting involved in Gay marriage. So they should simply respect that and go elsewhere. Thankfully, not all Gays are this petty.
    Glad to see you are also for discrimation against an interracial couple. Because your comment applies to them as well. We have learned LOADS about what you believe, thank you for also being FOR interracial discrimination as well.

  6. #1036
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Glad to see you are also for discrimation against an interracial couple. Because your comment applies to them as well. We have learned LOADS about what you believe, thank you for also being FOR interracial discrimination as well.
    What makes you or anyone else entitled to another persons private property?

  7. #1037
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    I support the rights of private businesses. If a business wants to be a gun free zone, thats fine. I just wont spend my money there. I dont see whats so hard about that. And im not "for discrimination", im just not for the idea that you are entitled to another persons property
    Sure you are for discrimination against blacks, interracial couples or whatever. You have shown your support for it.

  8. #1038
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    So in your realm of thinking....blacks should have "respected" the bigoted white restaurant owners "right" not to serve them. It was "petty" for them to stand up against discrimination. They simply should have moved on to the next lunch counter or drinking fountain.

    Wow...I'm glad most people in this country have moved beyond this way of thinking.....
    Where did i ever say that?

    If you are going to create opinions you should then debate them as well. Maybe you can find a nice quiet place somewhere.

  9. #1039
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    What makes you or anyone else entitled to another persons private property?
    When a person decides to open a buisness they agree to certain rules. No one forces them to open to the public.

    Next you'll be complaining about not being allowed to used child labor like 5 year olds because that is forcing the owner on who they can hire.

  10. #1040
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Huh? I'm now against interracial marriage? Leftists have the attention span of a gnat.
    You are for the discrimination of interracial couples. Your comments apply to them as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •