Page 103 of 173 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1021
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Because whether your archaic mind likes it or not, the discrimination is relatable.
    Not being sold cake for religious reasons is the equivalent of slavery as well? Leftists are obviously doing the struggle, and deaths, for Black Liberation a great disservice but obviously are not intelligent enough to recognize it.

  2. #1022
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, yes, these guys were forced by law to sit at the back of the bus! It's about time the leftists went back to rape and murder for their witless analogies.
    Well let us look at it from this perspective. Had this been an interracial couple and the baker had denied them a wedding cake because he religiously felt that he could not support interracial marriages, would you have supported that as legitimate free exercise of religion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #1023
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Here is where you are not getting it. Colorado law treats sexual orientation the same as race.
    Maybe they were stoned when they drew that conclusion.

  4. #1024
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Sorry...but you are wrong. If you open your doors to the public as a business you have to comply with the Constitution and anti-discrimination laws. You might wish it were different....I'm sure that the bigoted restaurant owners that didn't want to serve blacks also wished it were different...but unfortunately for you and your ilk.....it isn't. Bigots cannot hide behind their religion as a shield to circumvent the law....so sorry.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #1025
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Not being sold cake for religious reasons is the equivalent of slavery as well? Leftists are obviously doing the struggle, and deaths, for Black Liberation a great disservice but obviously are not intelligent enough to recognize it.
    Again I'm not comparing slavery I'm comparing the discrimination. The causes are different but he discrimination is relatable whether you like it or not.

    you are just like those that were against interracial marriage. Both are archaic.

  6. #1026
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry...but you are wrong. If you open your doors to the public as a business you have to comply with the Constitution and anti-discrimination laws. You might wish it were different....I'm sure that the bigoted restaurant owners that didn't want to serve blacks also wished it were different...but unfortunately for you and your ilk.....it isn't. Bigots cannot hide behind their religion as a shield to circumvent the law....so sorry.
    If you have to comply with the constitution, then you support banning the gun free zones?

  7. #1027
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Well let us look at it from this perspective. Had this been an interracial couple and the baker had denied them a wedding cake because he religiously felt that he could not support interracial marriages, would you have supported that as legitimate free exercise of religion?
    Listen, it is not an interracial couple, it is not a man with his dog, it is not any of these things being brought up. It is two gay men asking for a wedding cake and the owner declined because he said his religion precluded him from getting involved in Gay marriage. So they should simply respect that and go elsewhere. Thankfully, not all Gays are this petty.

  8. #1028
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Someone please explain what makes you entitled to another persons business.

  9. #1029
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Someone please explain what makes you entitled to another persons business.
    So since you are for discrimination you must be for gun free zones right?

  10. #1030
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    That is a lie! To not allow a person to live their life in harmony with their moral conscience is denying them the right to live their faith. By forcing them to partake and create things that will be part of something they are morally against is a violation of their religious rights.

    Under your rules, any man/woman of moral uprightness, can not deny any order for a cake even though it goes against their beliefs. When someone creates something it is a piece of art and the artist's signature is in the name of the bakery that created the piece of work. If someone came into a bakery wanting to have a cake made in the form of an erected penis, or a boob cake, or cats licking a vagina, under your rules they have no right to deny anyone of what they want because it is discrimination while their artistic signature is in the name of the bakery that is forced to create it. This is forcing the witness of the man and his faith to be violated. Shame on you or anyone else that has encouraged this to happen. Shameful.
    This is a ridiculous argument and just shows that you are either getting extremely desperate or cannot fully grasp or understand the issues involved. The law does not require a bakery to bake a penis cake. It simply requires that a bakery open for business cannot discriminate and refuse to serve blacks, asians, women, gays....etc.

    The fact that you feel a need to result to extremes and bringing up genitalia says a lot about you.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •