Page 102 of 173 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #1011
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    It is hard for me to wrap my head around "whites only" or "blacks only" businesses being acceptable legally. I would like to think that we have come so far we do not need such laws, but I know that to be untrue.
    Thats because you believe that you are entitled to other peoples businesses and ultimately other peoples property.

  2. #1012
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What harm was caused to these two men who didn't get their wedding cake from the baker? Are we talking hurt feelings here?
    What harm is caused by making a certain group of people sit in the back of a bus? Or denying them a seat at a restaurant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #1013
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    What harm was caused by not allowing a black person into a white only restaraunt?

    What harm was caused by forcing blacks to the back of the bus?

    What harm was there in white only fountains?

    If you think that separate but equal is a good policy, you might as well believe that Zeus makes lightning because your ideas are just as archaic.
    Oh My! Are we back to that strawman nonsense again? Why not give it up and discuss the topic at hand?

  4. #1014
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Oh My! Are we back to that strawman nonsense again? Why not give it up and discuss the topic at hand?
    Here is where you are not getting it. Colorado law treats sexual orientation the same as race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #1015
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    No, I am talking about harm to the society for accepting discrimination.

    But frankly, I am more inclined to let them discriminate, but the shop owners also need to accept that their discrimination comes with consequences. One of those consequences would be freedom of speech- and that freedom of speech (alerting clients and future clients)may negatively affect that business.
    exactly how it should be.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    What harm is caused by making a certain group of people sit in the back of a bus? Or denying them a seat at a restaurant?
    depends whos bus it is. Depends whos restaraunt it is.

  6. #1016
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Oh My! Are we back to that strawman nonsense again? Why not give it up and discuss the topic at hand?
    Because whether your archaic mind likes it or not, the discrimination is relatable.

  7. #1017
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    What harm was caused by not allowing a black person into a white only restaraunt?

    What harm was caused by forcing blacks to the back of the bus?

    What harm was there in white only fountains?

    If you think that separate but equal is a good policy, you might as well believe that Zeus makes lightning because your ideas are just as archaic.
    BINGO!

    but facts like this will be ignore the response will be is somehow that was different

    its always funny watching posts get destroyed by facts though
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1018
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    What harm is caused by making a certain group of people sit in the back of a bus? Or denying them a seat at a restaurant?
    Yes, yes, these guys were forced by law to sit at the back of the bus! It's about time the leftists went back to rape and murder for their witless analogies.

  9. #1019
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, I will tune in to the boy that's believes we are all slaves to the state and doesn't realize it.
    So in your mind....abiding by the law that says you cannot discriminate against people = slavery to the state?

    So noted. Now everyone can understand why your posts are so out on the fringe here.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #1020
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Because whether your archaic mind likes it or not, the discrimination is relatable.
    see i called it, problem is nobody educated, honest and objective believes the lie that your examples are different, its laughable

    its all equal/civil/ human rights and that fact cant be changed
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •