Page 10 of 173 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #91
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    There is a right to be served?



    Read the 1964Civil Rights Act which outlawed discrimination against Blacks and other people in the USA.

    If you sell to other people, you have to sell to me and anyone else who comes along whether you like my race, my religion, my sexual preference or anything else about me.
    Last edited by shrubnose; 12-07-13 at 02:53 AM.

  2. #92
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    since nothing changed ill just repost what was said earlier


    The bottom line this guy CHOSE to participate in the PUBLIC REALM which has rules and laws that regulate it and they are the same for us all.

    He ran a public access business and he was NOT allowed to ILLEGALLY discriminate and violate rights of people just like every other public realm/ public access businesses is not allowed to either.

    he choose to break laws and rules and violate rights

    there is a price to pay for this

    seems the perfectly right decision was made


    illegal discrimination loses, thats a good thing

    next time dont break this dip**** will think twice before breaking the law and violating peoples rights
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #93
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    One would rationally guess that would depend on what his/her religious faith declares...is there someplace in the Bible, Koran, Torah, etc... that would indicate to you that this is the case, that one can only make cakes for fellow Christians... or are you just making something up, just a superfluous nonexistent hypothetical that has nothing to do with reality? If so, don't waste our time.

    Listen, sorry, we all have religious freedom, and that is certainly is not unimportant and far from ludicrous... you should not denigrate so...and one most assuredly cannot force another to do something in complete conflict and contravention of their faith... what would be the logical basis for that?

    And your last statement, speaking of ludicrous, is particularly specious.
    When is the religious freedom of the customer going to come into play here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #94
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Read the 1964Civil Rights Act which outlawed discrimination against Blacks and other people in the USA.
    I wasn't questioning legality, but the basis of your quote. No new rights magically came into existence in1964.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  5. #95
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    1.)I would argue that the bakers refusal was not based on the sexual orientation of the customer but, rather, on the purpose to which they were going to put the cake. The customer didn't ask for just any cake. They wanted a cake to commemorate a wedding. It's perfectly reasonable that a heterosexual individual requesting such a cake would also be refused that service under some circumstances. The objection was not, as far as I can tell, based on the sexual orientation of the customer.

    the pertinent part of the statute is here -

    Colorado Revised Statutes

    I don't see anywhere in that statute where a "public accommodation" can't refuse goods or services based on what they will be used for. Now, if a homosexual walked into the bakery and said "I am getting married to an opposite sex partner and want a cake" and that request was refused simply on the basis that the individual was a homosexual that would be a different story.

    Is that splitting hairs? Yep, but it's the way things are supposed to work.
    and you would be factually wrong because that is what the discrimination was based on
    you also mentioned precedence the ruling was not based on illegal discrimaintion

    so i ask again

    1.) what does an obscene cake have to do with illegal discrimination and or violation of equal rights?
    2.) also what does swastikas have to do with illegal discrimination and or violation of equal rights?

    there is no legal precedence between the things mentioned above and illegal discrimination and or equal rights.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #96
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    "customs" are now religious significance thats awesome (except in cases of dogs)

    wow thats desperation at its finest, sorry that false statement and strawman is still complete failure and factually wrong
    Yeah, I would have guessed you might have already known that customs might have some significance before, but I guess not...you seem never to fail to disappoint in that kinda way, it seems.

    Speaking of desperate, calling something desperation, a false statement or straw man is simply not a substitute for actually proving it...maybe you might for once try to debate and give something more than your usual fluff there AJ, old boy... just about to get simply ignored as I can tell you are slipping into your "fail" this "fail" that mode that is just soooooo boringly vapid...
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    So a guy who owns a bakery has to sell to anybody who walks through his door.

    Who's this a victory for again?
    Yeah, you're right, those businesses shouldn't have to serve those darkies and sand niggers either right?

  8. #98
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,677

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    and you would be factually wrong because that is what the discrimination was based on
    you also mentioned precedence the ruling was not based on illegal discrimaintion

    so i ask again

    1.) what does an obscene cake have to do with illegal discrimination and or violation of equal rights?
    2.) also what does swastikas have to do with illegal discrimination and or violation of equal rights?

    there is no legal precedence between the things mentioned above and illegal discrimination and or equal rights.
    My understanding of this case is that the baker offered to make the couple any other kind of cake that they wanted but refused to do a wedding cake because he considers marriage to be a matter of religion. It isn't homosexuals that he's refusing service to, it's ceremonies that violate his religious beliefs. From what I understand he also refuses to make Halloween themed items for the same reason.

  9. #99
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    1.)Yeah, I would have guessed you might have already known that customs might have some significance before, but I guess not...you seem never to fail to disappoint in that kinda way, it seems.

    2.) Speaking of desperate, calling something desperation, a false statement or straw man is simply not a substitute for actually proving it...
    3.) maybe you might for once try to debate and give something more than your usual fluff there AJ, old boy...

    4.) just about to get simply ignored as I can tell you are slipping into your "fail" this "fail" that mode that is just soooooo boringly vapid...
    1.) they factually do not, and rights dont care about them nor in this case do they matter to religion, facts defeat your statement again, if you disagree please please present ONE fact that shows otherwise

    2.) i agree but it doesnt change the fact that what your posts are and that you were proven factually wrong, denying this only further exposes the your failed posts

    3.) you mean besides facts which you have provided NONE, not one, me and others have been asking for PAGES now and you havent provided any while we have.

    again if you disagree simply provide the facts that support your post and that prove the facts provided by men and other wrong we are waiting

    ill take bets you dodge this and never do it, your next post will be more deflections, failed insults and fallacies

    4.) good move running away when you cant beat facts and your posts are getting destroyed

    BUT if you are interested in being civil and provide FACTS, please do so we'd love to read them, one simple fact that support your failed statments
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #100
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yes the BS, hypocrisy and lies are easy to see

    religious beliefs are meaningless to legal marriage, illegal discrimination and equal rights

    facts destory your post again
    blah blah blah .... good bye...

    Your next post = translation: you have no arguments, you cannot counter... fail

    So banal, so predictable...

    NO. The real translation is that you have such inane and unsupported opinions that I basically cannot muster the interest, any interest, to even continue.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

Page 10 of 173 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •