Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 543

Thread: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

  1. #281
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Not surprising coming from a fellow Marxist.
    I get it. Political ideology is a factor YOU take into consideration for who is deserving respect and recognition. For the rest of us, we will stick with the actual good they did in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  2. #282
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    The Prime Minister of Australia has directed that flags will not be lowered until the day of Nelson Mandela's official memorial and they will then be done so as a mark of respect.



    Some of the Mandela haters on this forum might want to send him an email telling him to cancel that.

  3. #283
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    They say that the United States failed to look at Vietnams pass and didn't comprehend the Vietnamese history, culture and customs.
    That didn't answer my question.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  4. #284
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    This thread is getting a little far afield.

    My guess is that none of the Liberals on here fly American flags at all so they really have no say in what the rest of us do.
    Prove it or admit that you just made this up.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #285
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Prove it or admit that you just made this up.
    You want me to prove a statement that starts with "My guess is.......?"

  6. #286
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    You want me to prove a statement that starts with "My guess is.......?"
    OK. So you made it up. Thanks for clearing that up.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #287
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,161

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The People's Republic of China is a single-party state governed by the Communist Party.

    If you think that party has no power, there are a lot of people in labor camps in China who would argue that point with you.

    And there are more people in the Republic of Cuba and the Democratic Peoples Republic of North Korea who would also argue that point.

    You are out of touch with reality, the Communist regimes in the three states that I mentioned have enormous power over the daily lives of the people who live there.

    And China's Peoples Liberation Army, with 2.3 million active troops, is the largest military force on this planet would be a formidable adversary for the USA.

    Failing to acknowledge China's power, and/or ignoring it doesn't make it go away.
    Please re-read my statement. The State holds all the power. Something we need not honor nor allow on this planet.

  8. #288
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,161

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I get it. Political ideology is a factor YOU take into consideration for who is deserving respect and recognition. For the rest of us, we will stick with the actual good they did in the world.
    OK I'll give you this, Mandela was more of the waving puppet and his wife was the evil one.

  9. #289
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Communists.... He was one.
    Got some examples of Communist policy he enacted when president? Leader of the ANC? In prison?

    Anything?

  10. #290
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    Got some examples of Communist policy he enacted when president? Leader of the ANC? In prison?

    Anything?
    Yea! I heard he shared some of his food with one of his prison mates.. that damn commie!
    PeteEU

Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •