Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 543

Thread: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

  1. #161
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It takes a special strain of the Conservative Victim Complex to portray any honoring of Mandela to be treated as somehow pissing on Margaret Thatcher's grave.
    As a conservative I sadly agree.

  2. #162
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    In Canada we had a former communist as our prime-minster till he retired in 1984 then we had a Progressive Conservative CEO. We forged relations with the communist countries especially Cuba. We see it quite differently here, not to mention we did beat the Soviets in battle albeit on an ice rink.
    Please. Trudeau wrote about Marxism while at Harvard. In any case, to the best of my knowledge, he was a civilized socialist who never tried to justify the totalitarian repressions, never counted homicidal maniacs like Kaddafi among his bosom buddies, and never taped booby-trapped anti-apartheid posters to the walls in Johannesburg (which killed, of course, not any evil perpetrators of the racist regime but black municipal workers).

  3. #163
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Why does she?
    Depite being the leader of one our staunchest allies, look her up.

    She was a hell of a lot more accomplished than the jail bird commie.

  4. #164
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Depite being the leader of one our staunchest allies, look her up.
    Lots of leaders of staunch allies have died without the flag going to half-staff.

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    She was a hell of a lot more accomplished than the jail bird commie.
    I never realized until the last couple of days how much the right absolutely hated Nelson Mandela.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #165
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    Please. Trudeau wrote about Marxism while at Harvard. In any case, to the best of my knowledge, he was a civilized socialist who never tried to justify the totalitarian repressions, never counted homicidal maniacs like Kaddafi among his bosom buddies, and never taped booby-trapped anti-apartheid posters to the walls in Johannesburg (which killed, of course, not any evil perpetrators of the racist regime but black municipal workers).
    As if Trudeau faced even an infinitely small fraction of what Blacks faced in SA..
    Physics is Phun

  6. #166
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,208

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We beat the Soviets on the ice and we won the war.
    Did you participate in the summit series, I think not.

    There is practically an entire chapter in our history textbooks dedicated to the summit series.

  7. #167
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Did you participate in the summit series, I think not.

    There is practically an entire chapter in our history textbooks dedicated to the summit series.
    He's talking about the Miracle on Ice, not the Summit Series.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #168
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,208

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    Please. Trudeau wrote about Marxism while at Harvard. In any case, to the best of my knowledge, he was a civilized socialist who never tried to justify the totalitarian repressions, never counted homicidal maniacs like Kaddafi among his bosom buddies, and never taped booby-trapped anti-apartheid posters to the walls in Johannesburg (which killed, of course, not any evil perpetrators of the racist regime but black municipal workers).
    He counted Castro as one fo his closet friends and strongly disliked the U.S.. He may have been more of socialist but the point still stands. How do you booby trap posters?

  9. #169
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,208

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    He's talking about the Miracle on Ice, not the Summit Series.
    We beat the Russians in the Olympics numerous times and I'm pointing we had the summit series which is more remarkable than the Miracle on Ice.

  10. #170
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    re: Obama: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff In Honor Of Nelson Mandela [W:382]

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    We beat the Russians in the Olympics numerous times and I'm pointing we had the summit series which is more remarkable than the Miracle on Ice.
    I dunno if it's more remarkable. The Miracle on Ice is one of the biggest upsets in sports history.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •