Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 146

Thread: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex[W:141]

  1. #41
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're wrong. Several states have passed SSM legislatively, with no federal intervention. Minnesota defeated a "man and woman only" marriage amendment via ballot measure, and then legislatively passed SSM. They were not ordered to by any federal court.

    You think the courts are why people started to vote in favor or SSM?
    Good for Wisconsin, when we are the United Staes of Wisconsin be sure to come on back and let us all know.

    EDIT: Sorry, I meant Minnesota, my bad.
    Last edited by clownboy; 12-06-13 at 08:44 PM.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Your original point is wrong. The young will almost always be off beat with the prevailing culture, that's been true in virtually every society. But they grow up and change their minds when they face the reality of the world on their own. There is no "broad polling data". It's all cherry picked small sampling drek. What counts is how the people vote when they are in the privacy of the voting booth. And barring a federal court decision that says they cannot have their will, they vote against allowing homosexual marriage.
    There is broad polling data (Public opinion of same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) you don't have to look at it if you don't want to. The trend of opinion on SSM, especially among young people has been consistent for years, it has now seeped into broad segments of the population. Your contention seems to be "everyone will change their mind, you'll see!" which is a 'hopeful' view at best. Again I think you need to reconcile yourself to the fact that SSM is going to be legal and move on to other issues.

  3. #43
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Except the last four times.
    Really, that's your argument? Counting the number of homosexual marriage legislative successes? Historically it's failed far, far more than succeded. See how bogus that argument can be?

  4. #44
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Your original point is wrong. The young will almost always be off beat with the prevailing culture, that's been true in virtually every society. But they grow up and change their minds when they face the reality of the world on their own. There is no "broad polling data". It's all cherry picked small sampling drek. What counts is how the people vote when they are in the privacy of the voting booth. And barring a federal court decision that says they cannot have their will, they vote against allowing homosexual marriage.
    actually its 100% meaningless since again the fact remains this is an equal rights issue

    80+% were against interracial marriage when it was passed and it didnt matter matter because again, it was an equal rights issue

    and you are still 100% factually wrong, people have voted for gay rights and no federal move was needed, are you familiar at all with ANY facts regarding equal rights for gays?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #45
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    lol
    Translation: you have nothing on topic, thanks, let us know when you do
    did you even bother to reread it? I didn't think so... BTW do you agree with those States that have protected marriage as being between one man and one woman?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #46
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Good for Wisconsin, when we are the United Staes of Wisconsin be sure to come on back and let us all know.
    where in his post did he mention Wisconsin? more proof you arent reading just posting based on blind biased and zero facts.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #47
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    There is broad polling data (Public opinion of same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) you don't have to look at it if you don't want to. The trend of opinion on SSM, especially among young people has been consistent for years, it has now seeped into broad segments of the population. Your contention seems to be "everyone will change their mind, you'll see!" which is a 'hopeful' view at best. Again I think you need to reconcile yourself to the fact that SSM is going to be legal and move on to other issues.
    I've looked, but again, they don't matter and are not anything but the response from a small sampling of people, many of whom have no say in the matter (they can't or don't vote) or are answering the poll the way they do because they believe that to be the expected answer. Once those folks who can vote get into a voting booth, the poll doesn't count for crap.

    And, if you're read my posts in the past you'd know I don't really care all that much who marries whom. Sure I don't believe we ought to endorse homosexual marriage, but it's not a big deal for me either way. You may have me confused with Agent J who is absolutely obsessed with the subject. He's so invested somehow that he starts thread after thread on it, rehashing the same old content - his opinons, which we all know by now are "fact".

  8. #48
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    1.)did you even bother to reread it?
    2.)I didn't think so...
    3.) BTW do you agree with those States that have protected marriage as being between one man and one woman?
    1.) yes i did it was comprehensible
    2.) as usual your thought wrong
    3.) i have no idea how to answer this question because its full of fallacies.Ill give it a shot though.

    A.) in general no i dont agree with people trying to deny equal rights which is what is factually going on.
    B.) states don't get to infringe on individual rights, and this is why some of the states they have done this and have been pushed to their own SSCs have lost
    C.) marriage isnt in danger, equal rights doesnt endanger it.

    anything else?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #49
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Really, that's your argument? Counting the number of homosexual marriage legislative successes? Historically it's failed far, far more than succeded. See how bogus that argument can be?
    No, that's counting the number of ballot measure successes.

    There are more if you count legislation.

    So, why don't you tell me how many states have to legalize it via ballot measure or via legislation to meet your threshold of "will of the people?"
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #50
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    did you even bother to reread it? I didn't think so... BTW do you agree with those States that have protected marriage as being between one man and one woman?
    I think gender-based discrimination requires an important state interest be served by that discrimination, as per many years of Supreme Court rulings on Equal Protection. I think your side has failed to provide that state interest.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •