Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 146

Thread: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex[W:141]

  1. #31
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Of course its cultural. Polls in support of same sex marriage have been consistently hitting the 55%+ mark in the past year, when you talk about young people (my generation) the number is 60-70%. The tide has clearly shifted and as more of us get older and older generations pass away it will only cement itself. The cultural battle has been won by SSM advocates.
    Polling does not equal reality where only actual voters count. The young do not vote with regularity, and when they grow up enough to do so, they generally have a different opinion.

  2. #32
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    still waiting on any facts that support your proven wrong statments

    fact is culture is supporting this! majority are for equal rights BUT they arent needed on equal rights matters they are just a nice bonus

    people arent defeating equal rights its winning it more than doubled in a years time

    the writing is on the wall, soo equality will win the war and america will again right one of its wrongs! It will be awesome to live in a time when this happens.
    It would be awesome to live in a time in which your posts were comprehensible...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #33
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Four individual states. And numerous legislatures.
    AFTER the federal courts overturned their original will. But nice try.

  4. #34
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Been there, done that many times. Not my problem you refuse to read the threads posted here with regularity (largely thanks to Agent J's obsession with homosexual marriage).
    Still no facts yet?
    well again when you are done deflecting and trying to make this about me simply post any facts that support your already proven wrong statements.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #35
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Polling does not equal reality where only actual voters count. The young do not vote with regularity, and when they grow up enough to do so, they generally have a different opinion.
    Which has nothing to do with my point (even if it were true). The contention was whether the cultural battle had been won, and given broad popular polling data it clearly has. You are going to have to reconcile yourself to the fact that SSM is going to be legal.

  6. #36
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    AFTER the federal courts overturned their original will. But nice try.
    100% FALSE
    some states did indeed vote on this issue and voted for equal rights like washington
    you are severely uneducated about this topic and your post prove this fact, maybe further research on the facts presented will help

    nice try but people are actually educated on this topic.

    but that is meaningless since its an equal rights issue and in the end that will win
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #37
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    AFTER the federal courts overturned their original will. But nice try.
    You're wrong. Several states have passed SSM legislatively, with no federal intervention. Minnesota defeated a "man and woman only" marriage amendment via ballot measure, and then legislatively passed SSM. They were not ordered to by any federal court.

    You think the courts are why people started to vote in favor or SSM?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #38
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    It would be awesome to live in a time in which your posts were comprehensible...
    lol
    Translation: you have nothing on topic, thanks, let us know when you do
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #39
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Which has nothing to do with my point (even if it were true). The contention was whether the cultural battle had been won, and given broad popular polling data it clearly has. You are going to have to reconcile yourself to the fact that SSM is going to be legal.
    Your original point is wrong. The young will almost always be off beat with the prevailing culture, that's been true in virtually every society. But they grow up and change their minds when they face the reality of the world on their own. There is no "broad polling data". It's all cherry picked small sampling drek. What counts is how the people vote when they are in the privacy of the voting booth. And barring a federal court decision that says they cannot have their will, they vote against allowing homosexual marriage.

  10. #40
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Your original point is wrong. The young will almost always be off beat with the prevailing culture, that's been true in virtually every society. But they grow up and change their minds when they face the reality of the world on their own. There is no "broad polling data". It's all cherry picked small sampling drek. What counts is how the people vote when they are in the privacy of the voting booth. And barring a federal court decision that says they cannot have their will, they vote against allowing homosexual marriage.
    Except the last four times.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •