Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 146

Thread: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex[W:141]

  1. #111
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Shoo fly......
    translation: theres no defense for that failed strawman, facts defeat your post again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Why don't you talk to them?
    Hey YOU'RE the one saying it's no big deal remember? So since they are making a big deal out of it, YOU should talk to them about it. If not, stop whining about it.

  3. #113
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Of course I approve as we already have established under the laws of our states. Do you believe there is some type of inequality, and if so, what?
    Finally. Yes, I believe the government is making a gender-based classification that is unconstitutional. Here's why:

    A same-sex marriage ban is a classification on the basis of gender. A legal contract exists under the law. I cannot enter this contract with you, because I am male and you are male. This isn't a classification of sexuality, we're both straight. And no marriage law says anything about sexuality. Ask any married man, marriage and sex are not the same thing!!

    When challenged under equal protection, gender-based classifications must show an "important state interest" and that the law is "substantially related to that interest."

    Proponents of same-sex marriage bans have failed to demonstrate that state interest. No state interest is served by preventing two people of the same gender from entering this legal contract. Therefore the ban is unconstitutional under the 14th amendment.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #114
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: theres no defense for that failed strawman, facts defeat your post again
    Your "facts" do not compute in the real world, and I'm a bit bored responding. Get over it...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #115
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Hey YOU'RE the one saying it's no big deal remember? So since they are making a big deal out of it, YOU should talk to them about it. If not, stop whining about it.
    He's not the one obsessed who starts daily threads on the subject covering the same ground over and over again. Look for the source of the whine elsewhere.

  6. #116
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Finally. Yes, I believe the government is making a gender-based classification that is unconstitutional. Here's why:

    A same-sex marriage ban is a classification on the basis of gender. A legal contract exists under the law. I cannot enter this contract with you, because I am male and you are male. This isn't a classification of sexuality, we're both straight. And no marriage law says anything about sexuality. Ask any married man, marriage and sex are not the same thing!!

    When challenged under equal protection, gender-based classifications must show an "important state interest" and that the law is "substantially related to that interest."

    Proponents of same-sex marriage bans have failed to demonstrate that state interest. No state interest is served by preventing two people of the same gender from entering this legal contract. Therefore the ban is unconstitutional under the 14th amendment.
    And now you have gained what? There is no Constitutional ban. It's a States' issue...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #117
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    And now you have gained what? There is no Constitutional ban. It's a States' issue...
    Um, I was talking about laws passed by states. A states law must pass this test.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi University for Women v. Hogan, Supreme Court of the United States
    Our decisions also establish that the party seeking to uphold a statute that classifies individuals on the basis of their gender must carry the burden of showing an "exceedingly persuasive justification" for the classification.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #118
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Your "facts" do not compute in the real world, and I'm a bit bored responding. Get over it...
    yet i can support them with real world facts and all you post is "nu-huh"

    so when you are ready please by all means provide one fact to support all your lies and failed claims . . one

    also are you claiming its NOT a fact that churches already turn away straight couples now for any reason they choose? i hope not cause thats a fact too and that lie will also be destroyed

    all you have to do is back up your claims that have been destroyed by facts and multiple posters
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #119
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Um, I was talking about laws passed by states. A states law must pass this test.
    State laws should not not be subject to federal judicial review...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #120
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Judge says he'll try to rule by early January on challenge to Utah's same-sex mar

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    He's not the one obsessed who starts daily threads on the subject covering the same ground over and over again. Look for the source of the whine elsewhere.
    no pro-equal rights people are whining in this celebration thread,can you show otherwise? id love to read it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •