Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 151

Thread: South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies in Johannesburg[W102]

  1. #31
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,022

    re: South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies in Johannesburg[W102]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Source

    With the death of a rather renowned world figure, what is your take on the man, his life, and his legacy?
    He was a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #32
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,788

    re: South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies in Johannesburg[W102]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    That's exactly your kind of typical, uninformed idiocy. He was a military general duly appointed to command the Continental Army and conducted himself according to the customs and rules of warfare of . . . the times.
    He was rebel scum (guess the movie!) revolting against the legitimate rulers of the land and hence can be categorized as a terrorist due to the violence involved in his revolt.
    PeteEU

  3. #33
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,022

    re: South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies in Johannesburg[W102]

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    The greatest statesman of the past century. He was a man of peace who recognised that circumstances don't always allow you to be a pacifist. He won, and he showed that great leaders show magnanimity in victory; they turn former enemies into friends and partners. He told the truth, both about the evils of the Apartheid régime and on wider, world issues. He exuded integrity, lightness of spirit, compassion and dogged determination. He was the opposite of partisan and the diametrical antonym of bigotted.

    It doesn't surprise me to read those posters denigrating his memory, when you see who those posters are. Meh! They can knock themselves out. There's nothing a misanthropic nonentity on an internet forum can say that will alter the legacy of a truly great man. Best they get it out of their system here. Vent away, Sawyer!
    He wasn't a statesman. He was inflated by media.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #34
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,433

    re: South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies in Johannesburg[W102]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    He was rebel scum (guess the movie!) revolting against the legitimate rulers of the land and hence can be categorized as a terrorist due to the violence involved in his revolt.
    Not even the British saw him that way. Ever. Your wish (and preposterously self-serving definition of "terrorist") does not make it fact.
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

  5. #35
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,022

    re: South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies in Johannesburg[W102]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    He was rebel scum (guess the movie!) revolting against the legitimate rulers of the land and hence can be categorized as a terrorist due to the violence involved in his revolt.
    60,000 people have been murdered since he took office.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #36
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,788

    re: South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies in Johannesburg[W102]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Not even the British saw him that way. Ever. Your wish (and preposterously self-serving definition of "terrorist") does not make it fact.
    Are you seriously saying that the British did not see the American rebellion as a rebellion and the people involved as rebels?.
    PeteEU

  7. #37
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,788

    re: South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies in Johannesburg[W102]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    60,000 people have been murdered since he took office.
    And 100k+ died in Iraq under Bush.. so....
    PeteEU

  8. #38
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,433

    re: South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies in Johannesburg[W102]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Are you seriously saying that the British did not see the American rebellion as a rebellion and the people involved as rebels?.
    No, I'm seriously pointing out your dishonesty in switching from saying he was considered a "terrorist" to (now!) merely a "rebel." They're not the same thing. But you changing your argument is nothing new.

    Pro-tip: to avoid coming off as an idiot, stop posting idiotic things.
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

  9. #39
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    27,458

    re: South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies in Johannesburg[W102]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    He was a communist.
    A Marxist that went non-orthodox and sold out to global capitalist investors. That should be praiseworthy.
    A message to both the Left and the Right. Ari Ne'eman-"People with disabilities deserve better than to be used as props in the country’s ongoing — and so far stalemated — arguments over gun control." https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/201...-obama-liberty

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,022

    re: South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies in Johannesburg[W102]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And 100k+ died in Iraq under Bush.. so....
    100,000 Americans were murdered because of a Bush policy? Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •