Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 568

Thread: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

  1. #1
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Tamesha Means lawsuit: Catholic hospital 'forced miscarrying woman to deliver 18-week fetus' | Mail Online

    Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus that had no chance of survival' because of no abortion policy.

    • Tamesha Means, 30, of Muskegon, Michigan, filed a lawsuit Friday against the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
    • It claims Means, then 27 and a mother-of-two, visited the hospital - the only one in her county - three times after her water broke five months early
    • She says she was told to go home before she miscarried on the third visit and was forced to deliver the 18 week fetus feet-first



    Shades of the debacle in Ireland where the woman died.

    Mercy Health Partners is part of Trinity Health, a Catholic-run medical group that prohibits abortion in its hospitals.
    I don't know why people are all flustered about the possible imposition of sharia law when there is a christian version just as bad and already in place.
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  2. #2
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWarrior View Post
    Tamesha Means lawsuit: Catholic hospital 'forced miscarrying woman to deliver 18-week fetus' | Mail Online

    Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus that had no chance of survival' because of no abortion policy.

    • Tamesha Means, 30, of Muskegon, Michigan, filed a lawsuit Friday against the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
    • It claims Means, then 27 and a mother-of-two, visited the hospital - the only one in her county - three times after her water broke five months early
    • She says she was told to go home before she miscarried on the third visit and was forced to deliver the 18 week fetus feet-first



    Shades of the debacle in Ireland where the woman died.



    I don't know why people are all flustered about the possible imposition of sharia law when there is a christian version just as bad and already in place.
    Go to a different hospital. If she had time to go to the same one 3 times, she had time to go elsewheres.

  3. #3
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    There is more to this story. They would have probably transfered her by ambulance or at least told her to go to the nearest hospital. Fishy story.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  4. #4
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Go to a different hospital. If she had time to go to the same one 3 times, she had time to go elsewheres.
    Wow Really?
    They never told her that the was no chance the fetus would survive. If they had told her that and that their policy is no abortions, she could have made that choice. The doctors have an obligation to her first and foremost. Do no harm and they almost killed her.
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  5. #5
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    There is more to this story. They would have probably transfered her by ambulance or at least told her to go to the nearest hospital. Fishy story.
    They sent her home 3 times! I don't think their rules even allow them to transfer a patient for an abortion and they never told her she should have an abortion in the first place!!!!!!
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  6. #6
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    I forgot about this but...My wife did clinicals at a Catholic hospital and was talking to a patient that I cant remember the exact story, but had some sort of problem with pregnancy that recommending birth contorl would have generally been good advice. My wife had to finish clinicals somewhere else, they threw her out. I look forward to finding out more in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWarrior View Post
    They sent her home 3 times! I don't think their rules even allow them to transfer a patient for an abortion and they never told her she should have an abortion in the first place!!!!!!
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #7
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I forgot about this but...My wife did clinicals at a Catholic hospital and was talking to a patient that I cant remember the exact story, but had some sort of problem with pregnancy that recommending birth contorl would have generally been good advice. My wife had to finish clinicals somewhere else, they threw her out. I look forward to finding out more in this thread.
    and yet you liked Fisher's reply. I am confused. Did anyone actually read the article or do you respond based on the headline only?
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  8. #8
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    maybe I have misunderstood about this like thing. I "like" peoples posts for many reasons other than I completely agree with them. But in this case she should have gone to a different hospital. I read it again, what am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWarrior View Post
    and yet you liked Fisher's reply. I am confused. Did anyone actually read the article or do you respond based on the headline only?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  9. #9
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    maybe I have misunderstood about this like thing. I "like" peoples posts for many reasons other than I completely agree with them. But in this case she should have gone to a different hospital. I read it again, what am I missing?
    Why would she go to another hospital?

    She went to the hospital. They didn't tell her that her life was in danger. They didn't tell her that the safest thing to do was to abort the fetus. They examined her. They gave her medicine.

    What reason would she have to go somewhere else?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #10
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Her water broke, she should know...OB aint my thing but I would know to get a second opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Why would she go to another hospital?

    She went to the hospital. They didn't tell her that her life was in danger. They didn't tell her that the safest thing to do was to abort the fetus. They examined her. They gave her medicine.

    What reason would she have to go somewhere else?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •