Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 568

Thread: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

  1. #371
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    That is the question to which the ACLU seeks an answer: Whether the First Amendment permits a Catholic hospital to limit its offer of medical options based on religion.
    That is not true.

    It is whether a hospital can provide negligent care because its' inane beliefs do not allow it to provide adequate care.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #372
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    And why anyone thinks that it's ok for the Catholic hospital to put their religious beliefs ahead of treating a woman appropriately - a woman who could have died for the infection - well, anyone who thinks it's ok, I just don't understand. I don't even know how to approach you this issue because our perspectives are so different. I don't think religion trumps a woman's life. You do. I hope you never end up in a hospital needing a transfusion only to find out it's run by Jehovah's Witnesses.
    Perhaps you are referring to another poster but Quoted me by mistake.

    I don't think it was ok not to inform the patient what was happening.
    I understand fully the infections she had could have been life threatening.

    And I am the one that gave the example of a Jehovah's Witness owned hospital and blood transfusions.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  3. #373
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope your ability to invent strawman and make things up is what is showing

    never said they didnt have "history" lol

    try to keep up and in context and follow whats actually being discussed instead of inserting false meaning into my posts that isnt there.

    a hospital is factually not a religious realm and has nothing to do with religion and thats the way it is in america. What factually makes it that way? Laws, rights, facts and medical science standards and regulatory processes.

    Marriage has ties to religion and history with religion too, the fact remains though that legal marriage has nothing to do with religion based on the same things mentioned above

    theres a huge and factual difference. I can have a religious dinner doesnt make all dinners religious matters under the law lol

    Sorry you misunderstood.
    How many hospitals are religious? A huge percentage. Just because the left has apparently decided what is acceptable doesn't change that.

  4. #374
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,879

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No one is claiming that someone who wasn't at the hospital omitted any information
    Its in her complaint; None of the Defendants listed in her complaint were at the hospital. She is suing for negligence and omission by proxy.

    Plaintiff
    request
    s
    that this Court:
    a.
    assert jurisdiction over this matter;
    b.
    declare
    that
    Defe
    ndants

    negligent acts and/or omi
    ssions caused Plaintiff
    injury;

    c.
    declare that Defendants’ negligent acts were willful, wanton, grossly negligent
    and/or reckless

  5. #375
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    1.) How many hospitals are religious? A huge percentage.
    2.) Just because the left has apparently decided what is acceptable doesn't change that.
    1.) still changes nothing, no facts are impacted. How many marriages are religious? a huge amount yet the fact remains legal marriage has nothing to do with religion.
    2.) as soon as one mentions "left" or "right" and groups them all together the argument cant be taken seriously

    also your subjective opinion about what the left thinks is acceptable doesnt change the fact of the statement i previously made.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #376
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Its in her complaint; None of the Defendants listed in her complaint were at the hospital. She is suing for negligence and omission by proxy.
    The complaint is that the defendants were negligent, but not because the defendants omitted any information
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #377
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    See, now you are making major inferences again without knowing what you are talking about. You cant determine standard of care because you dont know many things here-the mothers vitals, the percentage of remaining amniotic fluid, ...
    According to the lawsuit link you posted the ultrasound showed amniotic fluid was 4.3 which meant the fetus would either not be born alive or would only live a short time.

    The standard care is inducing labor when the amniotic fluid is that low because of the possibility of an infection setting in.

    According to that link she was running a fever the second time came in and the doctor treating her thought she might have an infection. It turns out according to that link that tests after the delivery showed she had 2 infections, that could have caused her harm.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  8. #378
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    According to the lawsuit link you posted the ultrasound showed amniotic fluid was 4.3 which meant the fetus would either not be born alive or would only live a short time.

    The standard care is inducing labor when the amniotic fluid is that low because of the possibility of an infection setting in.

    According to that link she was running a fever the second time came in and the doctor treating her thought she might have an infection. It turns out according to that link that tests after the delivery showed she had 2 infections, that could have caused her harm.
    No, oligohydramnios requires emergent delivery only if there is fetal distress. The indication to deliver MAY have been the combination of low amniotic fluid AND ruptured membranes. There is still an incomplete picture here, NOBODY knows enough to make any judgements.

  9. #379
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    And I stated the standard care of inducing labor was based on the info in the complaint.

    As has been noted there may have been other medical reasons why the standard care was not used.

    I will be closely following this lawsuit.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  10. #380
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,865

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Go to a different hospital. If she had time to go to the same one 3 times, she had time to go elsewheres.
    This was in Muskegon, Michigan. Don't know how many hospitals are in that region. Being that I've never even heard of Muskegon, Michigan, I'd bet it's rather small and it wouldn't be too far fetched to assume that it is the only hospital in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •