Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 568

Thread: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

  1. #361
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    on a related topic that has been mentioned in this thread is what seems to be a comnspiract that the ACLU is only doing this to attack the hospital because its catholic.


    what evidence is there to this

    and also whats wrong with that? now let me be clear on what im asking.

    If the ACLU was attacking these hospitals ONLY because and SOLELY because of a religious affiliation then yes I have a HUGE problem with that and its complete crap and i hope they lose and are told to go pound salt.

    but

    If the ACLU is attacking these hospital because these particular HOSPITALS are letting their religious afflictions are interfer with sound medical and science based decisions for quality and safe care then i have ZERO problem with and support them in every step.

    my point is if its strictly religion based then im on the side of the church but if its medical science based then im on the side of medical science.

    there should be zero difference between the medical/science protocols and procedures and safety standards between HOSPITALS no matter their affiliations. There should be a set bar regulated by medical science facts/guidelines and safety standards and that should be the minimum a hospital is allowed to conduct itself. RELIGION should play ZERO part in the medical/science field.

    but of course like i have already said, IF this hospital did the things claimed that an issue but only IF
    That is the question to which the ACLU seeks an answer: Whether the First Amendment permits a Catholic hospital to limit its offer of medical options based on religion.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by ethanUNC View Post
    You get an F.
    You are suspended. Get your backpack and bounce.

  3. #363
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    That is the question to which the ACLU seeks an answer: Whether the First Amendment permits a Catholic hospital to limit its offer of medical options based on religion.
    well the answer to that is already a factual no

    now there are grey areas they can try and play in but in general the answer is factually no

    laws, individual rights and medical/sciences regulations/safety standards rank first

    a hospital is not a religious realm and has nothing to do with religion.

    They cant refuse people of other religions treatment in the ER simply based on religion
    They can deny me my legal spouse privileges because i wasn't married by their religious rules
    They cant deny homosexual treatment simply based on sexuality
    THey cant deny me the right to have a rabbi visit me
    etc etc etc

    they can choose to not do any elective procedures they want and Im fine with that but once one the procedure is no longer elective and it is needed to save my life or to elevate a large risk to my life based on medical/science facts, regulations and safety standards they have no right at all to deny that.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #364
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well the answer to that is already a factual no

    now there are grey areas they can try and play in but in general the answer is factually no

    laws, individual rights and medical/sciences regulations/safety standards rank first

    a hospital is not a religious realm and has nothing to do with religion.

    They cant refuse people of other religions treatment in the ER simply based on religion
    They can deny me my legal spouse privileges because i wasn't married by their religious rules
    They cant deny homosexual treatment simply based on sexuality
    THey cant deny me the right to have a rabbi visit me
    etc etc etc

    they can choose to not do any elective procedures they want and Im fine with that but once one the procedure is no longer elective and it is needed to save my life or to elevate a large risk to my life based on medical/science facts, regulations and safety standards they have no right at all to deny that.
    We'll have to wait to see whether the SCOTUS shares your certainty.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #365
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    We'll have to wait to see whether the SCOTUS shares your certainty.
    well we will have to wait and see

    BUT its not "my" certainty im using, its history and the court cases that have already been decided, some by them.

    Some of the examples i made are ones that already came to pass
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #366
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well we will have to wait and see

    BUT its not "my" certainty im using, its history and the court cases that have already been decided, some by them.

    Some of the examples i made are ones that already came to pass
    As I said, we shall see.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    hospital is not a religious realm and has nothing to do with religion.
    Your lack of historical context is showing.

    History of hospitals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  8. #368
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by ethanUNC View Post
    You get an F.
    FYI. You need to clear space before you can receive more private messages.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #369
    Educator ethanUNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Last Seen
    03-29-15 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    984

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    FYI. You need to clear space before you can receive more private messages.
    Thanks. Give me a minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I don't want a "comprehension of science"
    Quote Originally Posted by L0neW0lf View Post
    Why aren't monkeys having human children?

  10. #370
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Your lack of historical context is showing.

    History of hospitals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    nope your ability to invent strawman and make things up is what is showing

    never said they didnt have "history" lol

    try to keep up and in context and follow whats actually being discussed instead of inserting false meaning into my posts that isnt there.

    a hospital is factually not a religious realm and has nothing to do with religion and thats the way it is in america. What factually makes it that way? Laws, rights, facts and medical science standards and regulatory processes.

    Marriage has ties to religion and history with religion too, the fact remains though that legal marriage has nothing to do with religion based on the same things mentioned above

    theres a huge and factual difference. I can have a religious dinner doesnt make all dinners religious matters under the law lol

    Sorry you misunderstood.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •