Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 568

Thread: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

  1. #271
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Serving pork is a medical procedure that hospitals perform?

    Who knew?
    It is a policy decision. And this case is about policy. You are too quick to jump on it when you don't really understand it. This case is not about medical negligence, it is about policy. She is accusing the hospital of acting in accordance with a policy. The same as a Jewish or muslim deli is acting in accordance with a policy when they refuse to serve pork. I realize that it is difficult for someone without a legal background to understand.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  2. #272
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, I'm sure the lawyers just made up #'s and claimed that they appear on a report the hospital has in its' files because lawyers are never penalized for making stuff up out of thin air
    I don't think she's saying that.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #273
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Your point was that the doctors did not know the condition of the woman's fetus.

    Your point was a lie and exposed as such, so now you're pretending that your point is something else
    My point:

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    It is a policy decision. And this case is about policy. You are too quick to jump on it when you don't really understand it. This case is not about medical negligence, it is about policy. She is accusing the hospital of acting in accordance with a policy. The same as a Jewish or muslim deli is acting in accordance with a policy when they refuse to serve pork. I realize that it is difficult for someone without a legal background to understand.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  4. #274
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    It is a policy decision. And this case is about policy. You are too quick to jump on it when you don't really understand it. This case is not about medical negligence, it is about policy. She is accusing the hospital of acting in accordance with a policy. The same as a Jewish or muslim deli is acting in accordance with a policy when they refuse to serve pork. I realize that it is difficult for someone without a legal background to understand.
    Actually, the case is about medical negligence. Once again, your claims have been proven to be BS.

    From the suit:
    c. declare that Defendants’ negligent acts were willful, wanton, grossly negligent
    and/or reckless;
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #275
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    My point:
    You are lying. The quote you just posted comes from a different post than the one I responded to
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #276
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Your point was that the doctors did not know the condition of the woman's fetus.

    Your point was a lie and exposed as such, so now you're pretending that your point is something else
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    It is a policy decision. And this case is about policy. You are too quick to jump on it when you don't really understand it. This case is not about medical negligence, it is about policy. She is accusing the hospital of acting in accordance with a policy. The same as a Jewish or muslim deli is acting in accordance with a policy when they refuse to serve pork. I realize that it is difficult for someone without a legal background to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't think she's saying that.
    Correct. I was addressing what most seem to think is medical negligence by the doctor. IMO, it was NOT medical negligence. However, the object of the lawsuit has nothing to do with whether the doctor was negligent. This case is about policy.

    Gotta go. Got things to do and places to be.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  7. #277
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    The standard treatment for a woman whose water breaks before viability and who has insufficient amniotic fluid to sustain the fetus is to induced labor and deliver ...not "tweeze and suction" ( your words not mine).

    According to the legal complaint they delivered the baby because when they were signing the discharge papers to send her home a third time the feet of baby breached her cervix. The baby was being expelled , and it was only then they attended to the delivery of preemie who died two and half hours later.
    So, they delivered the woman's child alive, but the premature child subsequently died - I agree, damn savages. Only in the pro-abortionist's world is a child born with limited ability to survive considered malpractice. Not giving the woman the satisfaction of death on delivery is a crime.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #278
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    Correct. I was addressing what most seem to think is medical negligence by the doctor. IMO, it was NOT medical negligence. However, the object of the lawsuit has nothing to do with whether the doctor was negligent. This case is about policy.

    Gotta go. Got things to do and places to be.
    No the case is about medical negligence which is why they are asking the court to rule that the hospitals actions were negligent
    https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f...nt_final_1.pdf
    Plaintiff requests that this Court:
    a. assert jurisdiction over this matter;
    b. declare that Defendants’ negligent acts and/or omissions caused Plaintiff
    injury;
    c. declare that Defendants’ negligent acts were willful, wanton, grossly negligent
    and/or reckless;
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #279
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    So, they delivered the woman's child alive, but the premature child subsequently died - I agree, damn savages. Only in the pro-abortionist's world is a child born with limited ability to survive considered malpractice. Not giving the woman the satisfaction of death on delivery is a crime.
    I see that now that your lie about how the hospital is being sued because they refused to perform an abortion failed so miserably, you've come up with a new lie that the hospital is being sued because the child died.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #280
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    re: Catholic hospital 'risked woman's life by forcing her to deliver 18-week fetus[W:465]

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    Correct. I was addressing what most seem to think is medical negligence by the doctor. IMO, it was NOT medical negligence. However, the object of the lawsuit has nothing to do with whether the doctor was negligent. This case is about policy.

    Gotta go. Got things to do and places to be.
    There seems to be a lot of attacking the foundation of religious institutions these days. The muddy water is how the cover up of disdain for religion is promoted.

    Have fun.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •