Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 221

Thread: Might be a delay getting your Big Mac today.

  1. #131
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,468

    Re: Might be a delay getting your Big Mac today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Who says they aren't worth it?
    I ate at KFC today.

    Even though it was punched into the computer what drinks we wanted, 1 Pepsi, 1 7-up and 1 orange, we got 3 Pepsis.

    Also I was trying to figure out how we were going to eat the mashed potatoes without any spoons.

    These employees are not worth what they are gertting paid much less doublé.

  2. #132
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,468

    Re: Might be a delay getting your Big Mac today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Between McD's corporate and the franchise owners, sufficient profits exists to do just that and not raise food prices one penny. They would just be less profitable. Corporate would still be profitable to the tune of billions of dollars.



    Yes. Because the employer/employee relationship is not an equal one and they lack the power to obtain a better life through negotiation.
    Corporate has nothing to do with paying employees. They collect rent on the property the franchisees are using.

    You still haven't told us why you think these people should get a raise but are not worth any more to their employees.

    How would you fair if you demanded double your salary from your boss?

  3. #133
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,468

    Re: Might be a delay getting your Big Mac today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You didn't offer an answer. You dodged the question.

    I will answer for you, then, since you gave permission. You aren't willing to say yes. You aren't willing to suggest that everybody is making precisely what they deserve.
    The word deserve has no place when you are talking about wages.

  4. #134
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,468

    Re: Might be a delay getting your Big Mac today.

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Prices would have to increase to cover the labor costs, other businesses would have to raise their wages to attract employees, which would cause them to have to raise their prices, after all is done and the economy has corrected itself, the $15.00 / hr wage will be poverty again. The way to get out of poverty is to get out of non-skilled jobs, not to make those non-skilled jobs pay more.
    But it would make a few people feel good for a while.

  5. #135
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,468

    Re: Might be a delay getting your Big Mac today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Which might be an argument if there were enough jobs around that paid better.

    But there aren't. No matter how hard anyone works, there will always be fewer jobs than there are workers. Let alone "good" jobs.

    Your fairytale universe in which everyone is paid on merit? Never existed.
    No matter what changes happen in the job market or what kind of people apply for the entry level jobs, the job is still worth what the job is worth.

    Why do you think it is worth more because of changes in the job market?

  6. #136
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,468

    Re: Might be a delay getting your Big Mac today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I've had a few tech jobs repairing computers, and they currently pay around $14 p/hr for part time work. So, there is no way that flippin' burgers is worth $15 an hour. Are you going to run to McDonalds when your laptop won't boot and you need it for school/work? All the tech guys will be working there instead.
    Why didn't you demand $30.00 per hour from your boss?

  7. #137
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Might be a delay getting your Big Mac today.

    I find this thread to be mildly amusing.

    Question for those that want to get rid of welfare or make it extremely strict on getting it AND are scoffing at these people demanding $15/hr.

    What is your solution?

    You have people working what is deemed as entry level jobs in which crap wages are being paid. Wages that are not enough to live on even for a single person. I know you've said that they should get a better education but that is not as feasible as it sounds for many reasons ranging from the people simply not being smart enough to not having or being able to get the money to do so. Also that is not a very practicle solution either as if everyone was able to get a higher education then that would flood those markets with an over abundance of workers also which would lead to those wages getting lowered also.

    For example I have noticed some people in here mention that they are computer repair techs making around 12 bucks an hour. At one point in time such a person would have made 20 or even 30 bucks an hour. Now the market is flooded with computer repair techs and they barely make above poverty wages.

    So...what is your econimcal AND liveability AND social solution to this obvious problem?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #138
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Might be a delay getting your Big Mac today.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I wonder if these people realize that if they're successful, many of them are out of jobs -- not because the chains can't afford it, but because for $15 an hour, they won't be settling for THEM anymore.
    This is an excellent point.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #139
    User hjl1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    07-31-17 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    87

    Re: Might be a delay getting your Big Mac today.

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    This is an excellent point.
    However the one's that are worth it will get paid much better, not to mention your food service will also be much better. And believe me, there are plenty of workers in restaurants who deserve $15 an hour.

  10. #140
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Might be a delay getting your Big Mac today.

    It's been about 10 years since I've experienced a touch screen ordering machine in a fast food restaurant, and my memory of them is not favorable. Even the simplest deviation from standard, such as "no lettuce", was more of a pain in the arse than it needed to be.

    Maybe they've improved since then.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •