Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 66

Thread: Team Obama Changes Course, Appears to Accept China Air Defense Zone

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Team Obama Changes Course, Appears to Accept China Air Defense Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Perhaps owing China over $1 trillion, depending on their trade and their approval of any Iran/North Korea deal plays into this. Things are never as simple as they may appear.
    You know that's a good point about owing China so much money. Hard to argue with the bank that holds your mortgage.

  2. #12
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,340

    Re: Team Obama Changes Course, Appears to Accept China Air Defense Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Perhaps owing China over $1 trillion, depending on their trade and their approval of any Iran/North Korea deal plays into this. Things are never as simple as they may appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    You know that's a good point about owing China so much money. Hard to argue with the bank that holds your mortgage.


    It sure would be nice to have an argument with China, cut off relations and drop that debt. China would fragment without a shot fired.

  3. #13
    Advisor Lukas105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, United States of America
    Last Seen
    08-07-15 @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    368

    Re: Team Obama Changes Course, Appears to Accept China Air Defense Zone

    China is like the Gorilla in the room in American Asian foreign policy anymore. This is blatant appeasement and I fear we made a mistake in semi-allowing the Chinese to illegally claim this airspace and the whole Iran nuclear deal is another beast in its self. Regan sums this up pretty much.



    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    You know that's a good point about owing China so much money. Hard to argue with the bank that holds your mortgage.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

  4. #14
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Team Obama Changes Course, Appears to Accept China Air Defense Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    You know that's a good point about owing China so much money. Hard to argue with the bank that holds your mortgage.
    Too true.

    OTOH, we OWE them money and they might want it back.

    So, hopefully, this can be resolved without a nuclear war. It's not wise to fight with the big kids. ****, we can't even beat the Afghans who use muskets and have zero aircraft. Now, imagine fighting China.

    Japan threw us under the bus in WW2. So, I like them but not enough to die for.

  5. #15
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Team Obama Changes Course, Appears to Accept China Air Defense Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Diplomacy is never bad. Sorry you think it is.
    too facile to merit a response.

    How a Tiny Island Chain Explains the China-Japan Dispute - Matt Schiavenza - The Atlantic

    Rather than being a discrete event that can be resolved through negotiation and diplomacy, the current trends suggest that the Sino-Japanese crisis over the Senkaku-Diaoyu islands will merely be the prelude to larger conflicts down the road
    Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Team Obama Changes Course, Appears to Accept China Air Defense Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Too true.

    OTOH, we OWE them money and they might want it back.

    So, hopefully, this can be resolved without a nuclear war. It's not wise to fight with the big kids. ****, we can't even beat the Afghans who use muskets and have zero aircraft. Now, imagine fighting China.

    Japan threw us under the bus in WW2. So, I like them but not enough to die for.
    So you are in the appeasement camp?

  7. #17
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Team Obama Changes Course, Appears to Accept China Air Defense Zone

    The obstruction of the GOP during WW2 is well-chronicled since you want to play the "dead of WW2 vs. diplomacy" card..
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The dead of WWII are calling, they beg to differ.
    Physics is Phun

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Team Obama Changes Course, Appears to Accept China Air Defense Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Oh you guys and your misleading bull****. ...

    Seems the truth is China is giving on the one thing we wanted it to immediately and then talks will ensue..
    And no link? Gee, I wonder why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Team Obama Changes Course, Appears to Accept China Air Defense Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    It sure would be nice to have an argument with China, cut off relations and drop that debt.
    Just do what the Michigan GOP did to detroit..
    Physics is Phun

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Team Obama Changes Course, Appears to Accept China Air Defense Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    The obstruction of the GOP during WW2 is well-chronicled since you want to play the "dead of WW2 vs. diplomacy" card..
    By all means, post your docs supporting the lie you've been peddling all week. Hmm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •