Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 364

Thread: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

  1. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, I realize it isn't the only religion who shares that belief, however, it proves my point that people are using a fictional book to justify making SSM illegal. Also they use the bible (and other fictional texts as you point out) as a justification for traditional marriage.

    As I said before, I have no problem with religion personally, but when someone tells others that they cannot do something because of their fictional book, that is wrong. Just because many people do it, doesn't make it the right thing to do.
    It is not just religion that is making the rules; it is laws as well, and these laws tend to be international and include all cultures and societies. What influenced these laws is difficult to say.

  2. #342
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    There's a difference between freedom and entitlement.
    http://i.word.com/idictionary/entitlement

    No. There isn't. An entitlement is a legally granted right. There is no difference. You are wrong. Do you need a link to google?

    And I am waiting. Are there any specific changes you want made to "religion?"
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  3. #343
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Why would you want that? Doesn't man often need inspiration from an outside source?
    Often the inspiration is to war. But to the extent that inspiration is good...................

  4. #344
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Often the inspiration is to war. But to the extent that inspiration is good...................
    Man doesn't need religion in order to declare war. For that we need investigate further into the workings of the human mind, and the answer won't likely be found soon. It might be something in our DNA for all we know.

  5. #345
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Are there volcanos there? Was the "garden of Eden" found in Africa where humans came out of?
    no the garden of eden was found around the tigris and euphrates,and 2 other rivers vurently underwater today,further where its described is underwater.

    fyi the whole people originated in africa thing is more and more being deisproven,they are finding remains in eastern europe that rival the finds in africa,the whole mankind originated in africa thing is based on finding the oldest remains possible,and believing nothing else exists elsewhere comparible,however human remains in perfect condition to last so long are far and inbetween,only a fool would believe whats currently available is undisputable truth,as with archaeology,weve barely scratched the surface,and people tend to try and solve a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle with only 12 pices found,while refusing to accept the fact the picture changes the more pieces found.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  6. #346
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    It's not personal opinion, it's supported by every shred of evidence there is. You're the one with the personal opinion not supported by the facts.
    no actually scientists have dug up much of what was written in the bible and proven it to have happened,which was also written by many other ancient religions prior.the simple fact scientists went out of their way to prove or disprove locations and events in the bible,and only found that the bible overexaggerated them,but didnt lie or make them up,simply shows some will outright deny it simply because its associated with religion,and ignore the fact that prior to modern times,religious scripts were often the most common method of recording history.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  7. #347
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    no actually scientists have dug up much of what was written in the bible and proven it to have happened,which was also written by many other ancient religions prior.the simple fact scientists went out of their way to prove or disprove locations and events in the bible,and only found that the bible overexaggerated them,but didnt lie or make them up,simply shows some will outright deny it simply because its associated with religion,and ignore the fact that prior to modern times,religious scripts were often the most common method of recording history.
    Okay what locations and what events? And please link

  8. #348
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Sorry, but they THINK they may had found the "garden of eden". There is no proof it actually is. Same for the cities.

    Yes, the bible has exaggerations and some details based on history, but that doesn't make it any less a fictional book. I'm sorry but if anyone takes the bible literally as fact word for word, they are crazy IMO and no different then those that believe Zeus makes lightning.
    hate to dissapoint you,but by descriptions in the bible,they found the location,which is currently underwater(seems to link to noahs arc)and further the same creation story occurs in many religions prior,and goes as far back as recorded history,long before even the hebrew bible was established,

    so far again the only thing wrong historically was the exageration of historical events,but those even did occur,as scientists and historians have made efforts to do so.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    In order to label the Bible "fiction" there has to be some sort of evidence to support that the Bible is fiction.

    This is/was political bull**** - an attack that progressive sociopaths deny happens ....

  10. #350
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Okay what locations and what events? And please link
    ill have to modify searches on google,as any mention of bible automatically links to hundreds of thousands of christian sites,however just keep in mind most those events were written in other religions books like the zoroasterians and mesopotamians.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •