Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 364

Thread: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

  1. #111
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    70,195

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    At the very least they should come with a parental advisory sticker.
    We see what happens when kids get a hold of one without any guidance... militant atheism born of spiritual ignorance.

  2. #112
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,220

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Costco -- the Bible is fiction | Fox News I have no opinion on this but does anyone have any outrage to share?
    Not me, I think it is correctly labeled because we can hardly call it non-fiction or an autobiography.
    I am with Jake Tapper, you have to be a jerk or an idiot to refer to John McCain as "Songbird John"!!!!!!

  3. #113
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,220

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Well - give them a chance to fix it, which might take time. If it was any other mislabeled genre or category no one would care - or notice.
    why should they want or need to "fix it"? I think it needs no fixing but I would guess that the religious lobby will most likely disagree with me.
    I am with Jake Tapper, you have to be a jerk or an idiot to refer to John McCain as "Songbird John"!!!!!!

  4. #114
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,220

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    What have they been "relabeled" to? Propaganda?
    Brainwashing and indoctrination for the masses.
    I am with Jake Tapper, you have to be a jerk or an idiot to refer to John McCain as "Songbird John"!!!!!!

  5. #115
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,169

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I don't have to prove it's wrong, you have to prove it's right. Stop shifting the burden of proof.
    Here un the real world, you're not right, just because you say so.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #116
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    02-11-18 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Well, it's mountain out of a mole hill time.

    On the bright side, at least no one will get decapitated over this.

  7. #117
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,954

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    We see what happens when kids get a hold of one without any guidance... militant atheism born of spiritual ignorance.
    What the heck is that?
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,075

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Not me, I think it is correctly labeled because we can hardly call it non-fiction or an autobiography.
    It should have been under religious. Case closed.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    05-25-18 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,900

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Costco -- the Bible is fiction | Fox News I have no opinion on this but does anyone have any outrage to share?
    Unless there is a religion section, where else would you put it? There no way to prove that its factual.

  10. #120
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    05-25-18 @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: Costco labels bibles "Fiction"

    If it bothers people so much, they could just buy the book, and remove the sticker. Problem solved.

    Why do so many see conspiracies in everything?
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •