Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 117

Thread: HPD responds to accusations of racial profiling with Oklahoma teen, dancers

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,762

    HPD responds to accusations of racial profiling with Oklahoma teen, dancers

    HOUSTON – The Houston Police Department is responding to charges of racial profiling after handcuffing a teenage white girl and removing her from the care of two black men.

    Officers took the young dancer to Child Protective Services even though she was right where her mother wanted her to be.
    She just wanted to make a dance video in Houston, and had her parents' blessing. Instead, she ended up in a CPS shelter. Why? Because her instructors were both black. And, while her mother was attempting to clear this up on the phone with HPD, they accused her of bad parenting. "Do you realize that your daughter is with 2 black men?". Yea, they actually said that. Absolutely disgusting. These 2 black men were not pimps, kidnappers or rapists. They were freakin' dance instructors, and damn good ones too.

    I hope her parents sue HPD for as much as they can get. They deserve it after what HPD put them through. And, dont dare to tell me that institutional racism is dead. If you really believe that crap, then you are living in a cave.

    Article is here.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: HPD responds to accusations of racial profiling with Oklahoma teen, dancers

    I am not sure that a white person can sue and win on a claim that she was racially discriminated against by white people for being white, not in Texas at least.....

  3. #3
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,530

    Re: HPD responds to accusations of racial profiling with Oklahoma teen, dancers

    I can understand the initial mix-up as it was 3am, however it should have been obvious after some investigating that everything was ok. How could they not tell the difference between crackhead pimps and dance instructors? Its pretty easy to tell the difference between people who live a hard street life and normal folk.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: HPD responds to accusations of racial profiling with Oklahoma teen, dancers

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    She just wanted to make a dance video in Houston, and had her parents' blessing. Instead, she ended up in a CPS shelter. Why? Because her instructors were both black. And, while her mother was attempting to clear this up on the phone with HPD, they accused her of bad parenting. "Do you realize that your daughter is with 2 black men?". Yea, they actually said that. Absolutely disgusting. These 2 black men were not pimps, kidnappers or rapists. They were freakin' dance instructors, and damn good ones too.

    I hope her parents sue HPD for as much as they can get. They deserve it after what HPD put them through. And, dont dare to tell me that institutional racism is dead. If you really believe that crap, then you are living in a cave.

    Article is here.
    Racism is down, but it's not out. Maybe if we keep punching it, we'll eventually kill it, but it's going to be around for a while yet.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: HPD responds to accusations of racial profiling with Oklahoma teen, dancers

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    She just wanted to make a dance video in Houston, and had her parents' blessing. Instead, she ended up in a CPS shelter. Why? Because her instructors were both black. And, while her mother was attempting to clear this up on the phone with HPD, they accused her of bad parenting. "Do you realize that your daughter is with 2 black men?". Yea, they actually said that. Absolutely disgusting. These 2 black men were not pimps, kidnappers or rapists. They were freakin' dance instructors, and damn good ones too.

    I hope her parents sue HPD for as much as they can get. They deserve it after what HPD put them through. And, dont dare to tell me that institutional racism is dead. If you really believe that crap, then you are living in a cave.

    Article is here.
    And what proof do you have it was racially motivated other then assumptions and speculations?
    Just assuming and speculating with no evidence it was racially motivated is racist in its self

  6. #6
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: HPD responds to accusations of racial profiling with Oklahoma teen, dancers

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    And what proof do you have it was racially motivated other then assumption and speculations?
    The clue, in case you missed it, was the exclusive use of black when describing the two men her daughter was with. It was not that they were older men, thuggish men, dangerous men, brutish men or criminal record men, it was simply that they were black men.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #7
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: HPD responds to accusations of racial profiling with Oklahoma teen, dancers

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    I can understand the initial mix-up as it was 3am, however it should have been obvious after some investigating that everything was ok. How could they not tell the difference between crackhead pimps and dance instructors? Its pretty easy to tell the difference between people who live a hard street life and normal folk.
    Are you kidding me? Use of physical appearance and time of day is OK so long as race is not used? Are you asserting that pimps can not have day jobs, or that dance instructors cannot be substance abusers? The point is that judging a book by its cover is wrong in all cases. It should have been obvious that no crime, at all, was being committed, thus all of the folks left to go about their business.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #8
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,762

    Re: HPD responds to accusations of racial profiling with Oklahoma teen, dancers

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The clue, in case you missed it, was the exclusive use of black when describing the two men her daughter was with. It was not that they were older men, thuggish men, dangerous men, brutish men or criminal record men, it was simply that they were black men.
    Yup, and the kicker here was when HPD told the parents their daughter was with 2 black men, and the parents said it was OK because they knew them, the accused they parents of bad parenting, and even after talking to the parents, they still took the daughter to CPS.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #9
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: HPD responds to accusations of racial profiling with Oklahoma teen, dancers

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Yup, and the kicker here was when HPD told the parents their daughter was with 2 black men, and the parents said it was OK because they knew them, the accused they parents of bad parenting, and even after talking to the parents, they still took the daughter to CPS.
    Well, you know how those bad parents, that would rent out their daughter to black men, lie.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #10
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: HPD responds to accusations of racial profiling with Oklahoma teen, dancers

    The mother is a moron.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •