Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 143

Thread: Two couples file federal suit to overturn Texas same-sex marriage ban [W:72]

  1. #41
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Two couples file federal suit to overturn Texas same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    SSM is not a right for the same reason that polygamy is not a right; having a strong personal desire is not reason to have laws changed to accomodate that desire. The fact that business partnerships allow mutiple partners, and have no gender restrictions, does not mean that marriage prnerships must as well.
    It's a legal contract that provides certain legal benefits and protections. It currently discriminates on the basis of gender. Under equal protection, the court precedents are pretty clear: the state must show an important interest in making that discrimination.

    Provide such an interest.

    Surely a libertarian like yourself would believe that the government can't just make that discrimination for no reason. Individual liberty trumps government interference as a default.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #42
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Two couples file federal suit to overturn Texas same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I'm all for the state & feds getting 'out of' marriage but I dont think that's likely.
    i dont think its likely either,but the constitution is clear,too bad bad people have a hard time reading plain english.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  3. #43
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Two couples file federal suit to overturn Texas same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    1.)number 1 is your largest fail,the courts were never declared the power to declare rights,and were never granted the power to declare constitutionality.


    2.) so its people like you who ignore blatant abuses of power and accept the court granted itself the power to interperate the constitution and to add rights never defined.


    3.) as for number 3,marriage is a religious construct,civil unions are a state construct.therefore arguing religion has nothing to do with it thereby you admit you blatantly wish to ignore the seperation of church and state and wish the state to mandate religion,as being a religious construct,each religion would be placed to make the decision,not the state.
    1.) really well they did, have and do, this is reality and this is fact, you are free to disagree if you like but facts and reality prove you wrong so theres no fail at all lol

    2.) more opinion from you that is meaningless i simply like my government protecting equal rights and defeating discrimination and bigotry, sorry that bothers you, if you arent happy with that theres other places you could live like russia

    3.) religion = meaningless to legal marriage

    this fact will never change

    religious marriage is its own thing it is not legal marriage some people get them together but they are separate things. many many people have legal marriages with zero religion involved and many people have religious marriage with zero law involved.

    sorry facts disagree with your failed strawman andy facts defeat your post again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #44
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Two couples file federal suit to overturn Texas same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    1.)That is a good thing. If I own a fancy restaurant and I want to deny service to those who do not wear shoes or shirts, I should be able to do that. I would be discriminating against shoeless and shirtless folks, but that should remain my business and right to do so. Now to discriminate on the base of race is something entirely different.
    i agree and the reason one can typical do things like this is they can claim health code reasons etc or other legit reasons

    and yes you are right race, gender etc is something different
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #45
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Two couples file federal suit to overturn Texas same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) really well they did, have and do, this is reality and this is fact, you are free to disagree if you like but facts and reality prove you wrong so theres no fail at all lol

    2.) more opinion from you that is meaningless i simply like my government protecting equal rights and defeating discrimination and bigotry, sorry that bothers you, if you arent happy with that theres other places you could live like russia

    3.) religion = meaningless to legal marriage

    this fact will never change

    religious marriage is its own thing it is not legal marriage some people get them together but they are separate things. many many people have legal marriages with zero religion involved and many people have religious marriage with zero law involved.

    sorry facts disagree with your failed strawman andy facts defeat your post again
    so your entire post somehow says you agree with blatantly violating the constitution so long as it agrees with you.


    sorry to say the constitution wasnt written to grant rights based on court decisions.your still ignoring the fact no one was granted ever such authority,and for as long as has been recorded in blatant violation of the law,not protecting it.im sorry if you feel violating he constitution is the right course of action,but the constitution has protected many,its been the courts who have ruled against it that have harmed rights.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  6. #46
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Two couples file federal suit to overturn Texas same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Supposedly discrimination is illegal in any form against any one.
    Not correct. Discrimination on the basis of gender, race, or religion is illegal unless the government can provide varying levels of justification for such a discrimination.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #47
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Two couples file federal suit to overturn Texas same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    so your entire post somehow says you agree with blatantly violating the constitution so long as it agrees with you.


    sorry to say the constitution wasnt written to grant rights based on court decisions.your still ignoring the fact no one was granted ever such authority,and for as long as has been recorded in blatant violation of the law,not protecting it.im sorry if you feel violating he constitution is the right course of action,but the constitution has protected many,its been the courts who have ruled against it that have harmed rights.
    Equal protection under the law is written into the constitution. Haven't you read it?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #48
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Two couples file federal suit to overturn Texas same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    1.)so your entire post somehow says you agree with blatantly violating the constitution so long as it agrees with you.


    2.)sorry to say the constitution wasnt written to grant rights based on court decisions.your still ignoring the fact no one was granted ever such authority,and for as long as has been recorded in blatant violation of the law,not protecting it.im sorry if you feel violating he constitution is the right course of action,but the constitution has protected many,its been the courts who have ruled against it that have harmed rights.
    1.) thats a cute story but thats all it is, your opinion and nothing more but please continue to rant and rave about it, you have that right.
    also it has nothgin to do with "me" or agreeing where did you get that from lol equal rights are for us all

    2.) see #1 you like makign a lot of stuff up dont you?

    translation you got nothing, this is an equality issue and bigotry and discrimination is losing, for some reaosn this bother you

    good move dropping the factually wrong statement that religion matter though.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #49
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Two couples file federal suit to overturn Texas same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Equal protection under the law is written into the constitution. Haven't you read it?
    yes i have,its the 14th amendment,but the 4th does not mandate marriage,therefore legally a state can choose not to recognize marriage at all,and legally nothing can be done,as nothing in the constitution grantss marriage as a right,only a court ruling granted the power to the court by itself and no constitutional authority.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  10. #50
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Two couples file federal suit to overturn Texas same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) thats a cute story but thats all it is, your opinion and nothing more but please continue to rant and rave about it, you have that right.
    also it has nothgin to do with "me" or agreeing where did you get that from lol equal rights are for us all

    2.) see #1 you like makign a lot of stuff up dont you?

    translation you got nothing, this is an equality issue and bigotry and discrimination is losing, for some reaosn this bother you

    good move dropping the factually wrong statement that religion matter though.
    you have yet to show any constitutional backing for anything you claimed,just the court said,in which the court was never granted any authority to decipher the constitution or to grant rights at all.



    until you can back anything youve claimed with anything constitutional,everything you have claimed is utter crap unbackable by any legal constitutional law or rule writte in the united states.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •