Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 204

Thread: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philadelph

  1. #1
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philadelph

    Police are investigating a vicious attack on a Manhattan chef who was walking alone on Tuesday night when he was allegedly assaulted by a group of six to eight men, all between the ages of 16 and 21. ‘I'm not well, a lot of swelling and overall pain,’ said victim Diego Moya. ‘Should be four weeks until I lose the wires and can eat normally, which is devastating being a chef. Means I can't work.’

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2m42aF4iG
    Some one last night posted an opinion from an LATimes writer that was trying to make it seem like this wasn't happening, that it was some sort of myth, or urban legend. Whether this is spurred by copy cats that saw this on the news and decided to try it, or just some random punk kids, it is happening, and I think should be addressed by law enforcement to the fullest extent of the law...

    Videos contained in the story...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #2
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    I wonder why they didn't have any physical description of the attackers in the original story.

  3. #3
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Good thing the victim wasn't armed. That way no one got hurt.

  4. #4
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    I see you're trying to pin the LATimes with that story but a google check shows it's pretty much everywhere that it is a myth, and the important part of the articles seem to all suggest though that the constant lies about it being a game are going to turn it into a game. That had that video not been hyped three weeks ago, none of this new crap would be going on. People get attacked and mugged and shot, it isn't new, not three weeks ago, not now, and this probably is just more media bull to get hyped headlines and stir up more interest in a non-game that's going to turn into a real game.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=knoc...ient=firefox-a
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  5. #5
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I see you're trying to pin the LATimes with that story but a google check shows it's pretty much everywhere that it is a myth, and the important part of the articles seem to all suggest though that the constant lies about it being a game are going to turn it into a game. That had that video not been hyped three weeks ago, none of this new crap would be going on. People get attacked and mugged and shot, it isn't new, not three weeks ago, not now, and this probably is just more media bull to get hyped headlines and stir up more interest in a non-game that's going to turn into a real game.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=knoc...ient=firefox-a
    As a threshold issue, it's important for you to understand that it's not a game. It's an intentional act to commit violence and seriously injure others, specifically white people. To call it a "game"is an intentional attempt to distort what is actually taking place, almost as egregious as calling it a "myth."

  6. #6
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    As a threshold issue, it's important for you to understand that it's not a game. It's an intentional act to commit violence and seriously injure others, specifically white people. To call it a "game"is an intentional attempt to distort what is actually taking place.
    No the point is that it ISN'T ANYTHING. Yes it's assault, but it is not some sort of thing going around the AA community or any other community as a new teen game. That is false. What's important for you to understand is that the dialog presented with the original video by the talk heading was false, is false, but implying regularly that it is true, may well create it as true and put the idea in those minds that it is some kind of violent game and not just a hyped news story about violence.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  7. #7
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I see you're trying to pin the LATimes with that story but a google check shows it's pretty much everywhere that it is a myth, and the important part of the articles seem to all suggest though that the constant lies about it being a game are going to turn it into a game. That had that video not been hyped three weeks ago, none of this new crap would be going on. People get attacked and mugged and shot, it isn't new, not three weeks ago, not now, and this probably is just more media bull to get hyped headlines and stir up more interest in a non-game that's going to turn into a real game.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=knoc...ient=firefox-a
    Are you kidding me? The idea that reporting something somehow makes it happen more often is simply beyond belief. Was this the cause of racial lynchings in the south too? If we simply don't report crime then it will diminish?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #8
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Are you kidding me? The idea that reporting something somehow makes it happen more often is simply beyond belief. Was this the cause of racial lynchings in the south too? If we simply don't report crime then it will diminish?
    Whoever started the initial report made up the "knockout game" aspect of it. Perhaps that is too difficult for you to understand, bless your heart.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  9. #9
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Whoever started the initial report made up the "knockout game" aspect of it. Perhaps that is too difficult for you to understand, bless your heart.
    Perhaps we should start a new game - zap a ghetto snipe.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #10
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    I wonder why they didn't have any physical description of the attackers in the original story.

    I wonder why you're trying to bring it up. Guy was attacked, it doesn't matter.

    TuckerVid-KTel.jpg


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •