Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 204

Thread: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philadelph

  1. #161
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    'Hug a Thug' Beats Prison or Probation

    Harm reduction more effective than war on drugs in B.C. - British Columbia - CBC News

    The difference between my argument and yours. Mine comes from hard data and observation, yours comes from hate, anger, and your imagination.
    Actually, your idea of ending the war on drugs would be a positive step, as it would take the profit motive from joining gangs.

    As for "hug a thug", that sounds terrible, but maybe isn't really. From your link:

    To avoid jail, the woman has chosen to enroll in the Integrated Treatment Court.

    Probation, with a twist

    The 15-month program is similar to probation, with drug and sobriety tests as well as addiction counseling. But there is an important difference. Usually, therapists are required to keep their conversations with clients confidential. However, in integrated treatment cases, they speak openly with Glowinsky, probation officers and other members of the team. "It's the heart of the model that you get a full picture," says Glowinsky. "A lot of people with addictions are good at deception and the model doesn't let you get away with it since we all talk every couple of weeks."
    For first time offenders, that just might work. If they want to stay out of jail badly enough to get a job and submit to regular drug testing, it could help get some of them out of the dependency lifestyle.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #162
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yeah, sarcasm noted.

    These certainly aren't young republicans or young libertarians cracking people in the side of the head from behind for no reason.

    These clowns are clearly products of inner-city progressive ideas..

    It was only a matter of time before progressives brainwashed/dumbed down inner-city minority kids to a point that they believed that beating white people in the head was justified or dumbed them down to the point that they thought knocking people unconscious was funny...

    This is what happens when progressives portray whites as devils and blacks as victims - then reaffirm to the blacks that blacks cannot be racist and are justified in any and every action they commit in their lives weather positive or negative...
    Yep, figured someone around here was going to start blaming liberals for this "phenomenon."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #163
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    I love right wingers. Only they could see some thugs doing thuggish things and come to the conclusion its all because of Libruls, Progressives, and Obama.
    Pure tribalism. EVERYTHING BAD simply MUST be the fault of liberals. It's a reflex.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #164
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I'm not in the business of proving what is real and what's not.

    Let the progressive investigate..... The process and truths you will find via investigation proves my point(s)..

    But yeah, I'm not citing anything for anyone EVER.
    So in other words, you're perfectly OK with being the guy who talks out of his ass and demands that others do his legwork for him.

    And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #165
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,530

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Actually, your idea of ending the war on drugs would be a positive step, as it would take the profit motive from joining gangs.

    As for "hug a thug", that sounds terrible, but maybe isn't really. From your link:



    For first time offenders, that just might work. If they want to stay out of jail badly enough to get a job and submit to regular drug testing, it could help get some of them out of the dependency lifestyle.
    "Hug a thug" is a derogatory term given to likeminded programs by the right as they absolutely hate them, I used it to spur on Fenton. Psychologists and such have known for years that "get tough" policies only exacerbate bad behavior. Lock a person in a cage, treat them like an animal, subject them to a brutal and violent existence, then set them free and have them re-offend in a week. Its great business for the prisons and court systems, but not so much for everyone else.

    Norway has a very different approach to crime, rehabilitation.

    Norway's Prisons Are Doing Something Right - Room for Debate - NYTimes.com

    You can beat your dog with a stick to make it do what you want but what you end up with is an unstable beast that is likely to to lash out unpredictably at some point in time, mauling your children or biting the neighbor, its bad policy.

    Many facets of prison life, like health care, employment and education, are provided by organizations outside, thus importing community life into the prison and vice versa. Norway also has a reintegration guarantee, in which the government states that it will do everything it can to make sure everyone released from prison will have housing, employment, income, education, health care and addiction treatment.
    I know the idea of helping people who break the law makes some sick, but if it works, why not?

  6. #166
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    "Hug a thug" is a derogatory term given to likeminded programs by the right as they absolutely hate them, I used it to spur on Fenton. Psychologists and such have known for years that "get tough" policies only exacerbate bad behavior. Lock a person in a cage, treat them like an animal, subject them to a brutal and violent existence, then set them free and have them re-offend in a week. Its great business for the prisons and court systems, but not so much for everyone else.

    Norway has a very different approach to crime, rehabilitation.

    Norway's Prisons Are Doing Something Right - Room for Debate - NYTimes.com

    You can beat your dog with a stick to make it do what you want but what you end up with is an unstable beast that is likely to to lash out unpredictably at some point in time, mauling your children or biting the neighbor, its bad policy.



    I know the idea of helping people who break the law makes some sick, but if it works, why not?
    When ideology meets practicality, it is usually ideology that prevails.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #167
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,102

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    I'm curious... other than fox pumping these "knockout" stories and race baiting it all the way... what's the difference between being outraged by these assault vs all the other assaults?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,325

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I'm curious... other than fox pumping these "knockout" stories and race
    baiting it all the way... what's the difference between being outraged by these assault vs all the other assaults?
    The difference is the left has never been so motivated to reclassify THIS specific type of assault.

    What exactly would be "Fox's" motivation for making this game up ?

    What would motivate anyone to reclassify random assaults into a "game " practiced almost exclusively by black teens ?

    A "game" that exclusively victimizes white defenseless women and older men ?

  9. #169
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Fox and the RW noise machine makes these storires up to keep the RWers all riled up and tuning in. Race just happens to fire up the base more than, say, real problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The difference is the left has never been so motivated to reclassify THIS specific type of assault.

    What exactly would be "Fox's" motivation for making this game up ?

    What would motivate anyone to reclassify random assaults into a "game " practiced almost exclusively by black teens ?

    A "game" that exclusively victimizes white defenseless women and older men ?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #170
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philad

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Fox and the RW noise machine makes these storires up to keep the RWers all riled up and tuning in. Race just happens to fire up the base more than, say, real problems.
    Yes, everyone should just ignore when your 87 year old grandmother gets her jaw broken and posted on social media because the perpetrators of that crime are inconveniently going to expose liberal true racism...And when she dies due to the attack we should instead focus on how wonderful O-care is right? :

    Good thing we don't really need you to disclose your lean....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •