Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 115

Thread: Pope issues mission statement for papacy

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Pope issues mission statement for papacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems to me that the finest art, music, architecture and so on, was created and inspired by the glory of God. Today there is less God in our lives but also less beauty as well.

    I once saw a cartoon of Christopher Wren talking to a friend outside of his newly created cathedral and the caption read," If we can do this now, just think what they'll be able to do 500 years from now". What will we be known for 500 years from now?
    Oh I couldn't agree more. 100 percent. The loss of art as an expression of beauty is a sad modern fact. In the past, they made sculptures like Michaelangelo's David and painted the Mona Lisa. Today's art is things like Piss Christ or a partially dissected horse suspended by wire.

    We have no art anymore. We have flaming homosexual hipsters who wear funny hats and bright colors who masquerade as artists for its chicness, who use their "art" as a cathartic form of lashing out at the world that rejected them. It's a celebration of the obscene and the ugly, of hatred and bitterness.

    Well, that doesn't apply to everything done today, but a good amount of it.

  2. #82
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,820

    Re: Pope issues mission statement for papacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Oh I couldn't agree more. 100 percent. The loss of art as an expression of beauty is a sad modern fact. In the past, they made sculptures like Michaelangelo's David and painted the Mona Lisa. Today's art is things like Piss Christ or a partially dissected horse suspended by wire.

    We have no art anymore. We have flaming homosexual hipsters who wear funny hats and bright colors who masquerade as artists for its chicness, who use their "art" as a cathartic form of lashing out at the world that rejected them. It's a celebration of the obscene and the ugly.

    Well, that doesn't apply to everything done today, but a good amount of it.
    Yea, no **** - it's called the Internet.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #83
    Advisor aberrant85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    10-04-15 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    594

    Re: Pope issues mission statement for papacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    He probably has good intentions but sounds like he doesn't understand economics.
    That's the point, the teachings of Jesus Christ do not align well with capitalism.
    "Obamacare delenda est"

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Pope issues mission statement for papacy

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Yea, no **** - it's called the Internet.
    Just go to your local art gallery. I mean for christ's sake, I was there the other day and we had two exhibits going at the same time and talk about your chiaroscuro, stark juxtaposition to really highlight my point: One of the exhibits is ancient greek and roman sculpture. Just beautiful, beautiful artwork. The centerpiece of the exhibit is the world famous discobolus shown here.

    olympic-games-statue-discus1.jpg

    The other exhibit going on is some lesbian photographer that has taken 200 photographs of herself in different outfits. She's not an attractive woman. The point, or so they say, is to show the different sides of this woman. So it's her as a lover, her in a business suit, her dressed like a child, etc. Frankly, it was horrible and my date and I spent the evening mocking it.

    But it goes to show.

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Pope issues mission statement for papacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Just go to your local art gallery. I mean for christ's sake, I was there the other day and we had two exhibits going at the same time and talk about your chiaroscuro, stark juxtaposition to really highlight my point: One of the exhibits is ancient greek and roman sculpture. Just beautiful, beautiful artwork. The centerpiece of the exhibit is the world famous discobolus shown here.

    olympic-games-statue-discus1.jpg

    The other exhibit going on is some lesbian photographer that has taken 200 photographs of herself in different outfits. She's not an attractive woman. The point, or so they say, is to show the different sides of this woman. So it's her as a lover, her in a business suit, her dressed like a child, etc. Frankly, it was horrible and my date and I spent the evening mocking it.

    But it goes to show.
    Instead you liked the muscular men. No biggie,,,So do you remember the name of this lesbian photographer?

  6. #86
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,820

    Re: Pope issues mission statement for papacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Just go to your local art gallery. I mean for christ's sake, I was there the other day and we had two exhibits going at the same time and talk about your chiaroscuro, stark juxtaposition to really highlight my point: One of the exhibits is ancient greek and roman sculpture. Just beautiful, beautiful artwork. The centerpiece of the exhibit is the world famous discobolus shown here.

    olympic-games-statue-discus1.jpg

    The other exhibit going on is some lesbian photographer that has taken 200 photographs of herself in different outfits. She's not an attractive woman. The point, or so they say, is to show the different sides of this woman. So it's her as a lover, her in a business suit, her dressed like a child, etc. Frankly, it was horrible and my date and I spent the evening mocking it.

    But it goes to show.
    We live in the country by choice.

    We see beauty in nature every day, and our kids love it.

    One can find beauty and magnificence if one is willing to look for it.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Pope issues mission statement for papacy

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Instead you liked the muscular men. No biggie,,,So do you remember the name of this lesbian photographer?
    Hey they had sculptures of men and women, but yes, the Ancient Greeks were pretty homoerotic. But the difference is their artwork celebrated form and beauty, whereas ours is just a ****ing pile.

    I don't remember the photographer's name, sorry. She looked like you would imagine the bee girl from the Blind Melon video would look in her early 40's. The only reason I'm sure she was a lesbian is because, like I said, some of the photographs were her "as a lover." Fully nude, licking twat.

    I mean, how conceited can you get.... 200 pictures of yourself in different outfits doing different things. Pfffff. And they call that art.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Pope issues mission statement for papacy

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    We live in the country by choice.

    We see beauty in nature every day, and our kids love it.

    One can find beauty and magnificence if one is willing to look for it.
    I like this answer. Cheers.

  9. #89
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Pope issues mission statement for papacy

    "How can it be that it is not a news item when an elderly homeless person dies of exposure, but it is news when the stock market loses 2 points?"
    to credit: i saw this on another board as a quote from the papal statement. worth re-posting
    Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Pope issues mission statement for papacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Hey they had sculptures of men and women, but yes, the Ancient Greeks were pretty homoerotic. But the difference is their artwork celebrated form and beauty, whereas ours is just a ****ing pile.

    I don't remember the photographer's name, sorry. She looked like you would imagine the bee girl from the Blind Melon video would look in her early 40's. The only reason I'm sure she was a lesbian is because, like I said, some of the photographs were her "as a lover." Fully nude, licking twat.

    I mean, how conceited can you get.... 200 pictures of yourself in different outfits doing different things. Pfffff. And they call that art.

    You don't even know what you are talking about.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •