Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 106 of 106

Thread: US B-52 bombers challenge disputed China air zone.

  1. #101
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Britain, Mother of Civilisation
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    468

    Re: US B-52 bombers challenge disputed China air zone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Both, well said.

    This is the reason. If we don't stand now, then when and where? When they decide that Guam should be Chinese? Or Hawaii?
    Though if they offered to annex Oregon, I think you guys ought to take them up on the offer.

  2. #102
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: US B-52 bombers challenge disputed China air zone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    Though if they offered to annex Oregon, I think you guys ought to take them up on the offer.
    That was funny, but why Oregon?

  3. #103
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Britain, Mother of Civilisation
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    468

    Re: US B-52 bombers challenge disputed China air zone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    That was funny, but why Oregon?
    I would've said California, cos they're the real assholes, but California is too important to your economy.

    So I went for California's weaker brother.

  4. #104
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: US B-52 bombers challenge disputed China air zone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Guess I will spell it out for you.

    You brought up Cuba saying it would be like the US claiming Cuban airspace, this isn't the case as you have no legimate reason to do that where as China do. Your comparing an island where you have no historical connection and is inhabited by a population of a few million with a working government to a bunch of unihabited islands.

    I would appreciate if you dropped the attiude as well, if doesnt make you sound big or clever.
    Sorry it's taken a bit of time to get back to this as I was out of town.

    First, I didn't say that it would be like the US claiming Cuban airspace. My point, that you missed and inserted what you wanted to hear, was that when there is disputed airspace, the best thing to do is negotiate a reasonable settlement including a third party arbitrator. Certain places we extend our ADIZ out pretty far, other places we don't because that would be encroaching on another nation's sovereignty. The picture that was attached was meant to show that we curb our ADIZ a bit near Cuba to account for their presence. China unilaterally extended their ADIZ to include contested islands, and that is not something we should condone.

    Second, with regard to my "attitude", perhaps you could not read into an argument and suppose things that only you have constructed in your head. Also, something that you could do to stem people's attitudes is to make a point instead of asserting an obvious comment that has nothing to do with what was written in the first place.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,252

    Re: US B-52 bombers challenge disputed China air zone.

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    Sorry it's taken a bit of time to get back to this as I was out of town.

    First, I didn't say that it would be like the US claiming Cuban airspace. My point, that you missed and inserted what you wanted to hear, was that when there is disputed airspace, the best thing to do is negotiate a reasonable settlement including a third party arbitrator. Certain places we extend our ADIZ out pretty far, other places we don't because that would be encroaching on another nation's sovereignty. The picture that was attached was meant to show that we curb our ADIZ a bit near Cuba to account for their presence. China unilaterally extended their ADIZ to include contested islands, and that is not something we should condone.

    Second, with regard to my "attitude", perhaps you could not read into an argument and suppose things that only you have constructed in your head. Also, something that you could do to stem people's attitudes is to make a point instead of asserting an obvious comment that has nothing to do with what was written in the first place.
    No what you were saying was absoloute rubbish and you tried to drive your point home using Cuba as an example which of course is not comparable by any stretch of the imagination. The fact is Japan have been doing the same thing for years but the US says nothing because Japan is a puppet state. Japan has demarcated a similar identification zone in the East China Sea for years which has been expanding ever since the US let them off the leash. The western-most line of Japan's zone stretches all the way to China and is only about 135km from China's coast at the closest point, but hey I mean China is the real aggressor here right?
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  6. #106
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado, U.S.A
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    464

    Re: US B-52 bombers challenge disputed China air zone.

    well that didn't take long. Someone in the world is in trouble, they call in the cavalry (us)
    War is not a tool to satisfy your emotional outbursts.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •